Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
grr it's hard to get players, even in the Prem.. !!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
J.c denton, you got any tips for trying to keep Brighton in the championship? Currently sitting nicely in 11th with 11 points from first 7 games, Victor Mendy is class but mifsud is not doing as well, Murray isnt really playing much as he is innefective, and Trundle has been injured. My withdean record so far is great, unbeaten apart from wigan at home, beat Norwich 4-1 and burnley 2-1 in the league cup. But im having trouble away, most recently losing 2-0 at qpr although i did beat plymouth 1-0 at home park, thats my only away points. The squad seems up to it, but some of my wins have been lucky, and im worried when the luck goes i might slip down the league. I have absolutely no money for wages left or transfers, trying to ship loads of players out but got no offers, the likes of demontagnac, mcleod, hinshlewood, fraser ect who arent getting games. Hopefully, although its early in the season i can stay where i am untill early april or so, and then push for the play-offs if im in with a chance and safe from relegation.
Good luck to all of you:thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
J.c denton, you got any tips for trying to keep Brighton in the championship? Currently sitting nicely in 11th with 11 points from first 7 games, Victor Mendy is class but mifsud is not doing as well, Murray isnt really playing much as he is innefective, and Trundle has been injured. My withdean record so far is great, unbeaten apart from wigan at home, beat Norwich 4-1 and burnley 2-1 in the league cup. But im having trouble away, most recently losing 2-0 at qpr although i did beat plymouth 1-0 at home park, thats my only away points. The squad seems up to it, but some of my wins have been lucky, and im worried when the luck goes i might slip down the league. I have absolutely no money for wages left or transfers, trying to ship loads of players out but got no offers, the likes of demontagnac, mcleod, hinshlewood, fraser ect who arent getting games. Hopefully, although its early in the season i can stay where i am untill early april or so, and then push for the play-offs if im in with a chance and safe from relegation.
Good luck to all of you:thumbsup:

My advise is to loan out all the players who aren't playing *regularly* in the first team - there is usually always a taker on loan for any half decent player, just make sure they pay all the wages for the loan. Make sure you're trying to bring in players on loan using the assistants recommendations - four average players out to get one quality player in is well worth it!!!

As I said in the last posts - check out Gregory Proment - you should be able to get him on a free..

It also sounds like you're having difficulties away from home - try playing a more defensive countering style away, and more expansive at home.. !! 11th is good though, improvement on away form and you're in the playoffs!! :albion2::albion2:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
DATE:

Sunday 21st August 2011

TRANSFERS SINCE LAST UPDATE:

IN:

Lars Langseth - Lillestrom (Free)
Lars Christensen - SonderjyskE (Free)
Aleksandar Tunchev - Stoke City (Season Loan)
Jan Polak - Anderlecht (Free)
David Edgar - Newcastle United (Season Loan)
Ibrahima Faye - OGC Nice (Free)
Stian Holmen - Start (£14k)
John Pantsil - Rangers (Free)
Mauro Anaclerio - Taranto (£375k)
Craig Bellamy - West Ham (Free)
Nacho Novo - Unattached
Andrea Spina - Bari (£600k)
Daniel Fernandes - Bochum (£950k)
Luis Gabriel Rey - Atlante (£1.1m)

OUT:

Dan Williams - Released
Tony Thomas - Released
Danny Walsh - Released
Ronnie Dillon - Released
Nathan Booth - Released
Karl Hill - Released
Will Holmes - Released
Mikkel Jensen - Notts Co. (Loan)
Ville Kouvalainen - Bournemouth (Loan)
Francisco Vives - Cheltenham Town (Loan)
Thierry Bin - Derby County (Loan)
Stephane Basle - ESTAC (£100k)
Danny Hall - Released
Louis Bailey - Bournemouth (Loan)
Jonathan Douglas - Hull City (£425k)
Stian Holmen - Colchester United (Loan)
Billy Mehmet - Bolton Wanderers (£1.7m)
Danny Senda - Stoke City (£350k)
Lars Langseth - Cheltenham Town (Loan)
Billy Jones - Released
Wayne Parry - Hereford United (Loan)

SUMMARY: TRANSFER WINDOW

I think my signings in speak for themselves, I don't think I have found enough quality to keep us up this season. Given a transfer budget of £3.32m and a wage budget of just under £115k p/w, I am £3.5k p/w under.
Have found it very difficult to find any quality, but the signings I've made have been the best available.

CURRENT TEAM:

My "strongest" team, to face Sunderland (H) - first game of the Premier League season is;

Fernandes (GK), Faye (LB), Pantsil (RB), Tunchev (CB), Elphick (CB), Spina (LM), Cox (RM), Polak (MC), Proment (MC), Fryatt (ST), Bellamy (ST)
Subs: Edgar (DC/MC), Borrowdale (LB), Livermore (MC), Novo (AMR/ST), Rey (ST)

But this is likely to change..

CONCLUSION:

Moved into Falmer!!! :bowdown:

All season tickets sold out (that'll be the day), and pre-season went like this;

Grimsby (L2) (A) - feeder club - 1-0 defeat, really poor.
Bognor Regis (NL) (A) - 0-2 victory, again very poor.

FIRST EVER GAME AT FALMER;

I wanted a "glory tie" for our first ever game at Falmer, so I chose Real Madrid; we lost 0-2 but played the best so far, after a tactical reshuffle at half time.

Stoke City were next (A) and we were unlucky to draw 1-1 with the Championship side.

Finally we took on Inter Milan (H).. and were thrashed by Mourinho's boys 0-3, but it could've been a lot more!!

Going into to this next match, our first of the season, in great trepidation. I really, really think we're going to struggle!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Come on people - updates!! Seagull4eva? Daz?

Mock exams all this week and yesterday so i havent really had the time :(
Played a couple of games, still struggling away from home, lost to Burnley i think away 3-0, and then the worst of all. Lost to the scum :tosser: 2-0 at home and understandably the fans were not happy. Really difficult to please the supporters :lolol: but then that is true for real life. Sat 17th in the league but luckily Swindon only have 4 points :wave: and blackpool and cardiff only have 9 points!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
2013/2014 Season.

After a poor start of the season for Wrexham after they were languishing around the relegation zone in League 2. I resigned and went on holiday telling the game to apply for all jobs and to wake me up when offered a job.

First job offered after a week was Bath which I turned turn, but on the 1/1/14 I was offered the Sheffielf Wednesday job who are 17th in League 2.

Lets hope I can have more fun here than the last couple of the 5 years that I was at Wrexham.

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
jus a quick question....

if you install it using Steam. do you need to install the patch or does it do it immeadietly?

thanks

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
jus a quick question....

if you install it using Steam. do you need to install the patch or does it do it immeadietly?

thanks

Did it automatically with me.

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
Right, finally got the game and installed it

so heres an update for my brighton game!

Date:
29th August 2008

Transfers In:
Joe Anyinsah: 6 month loan from Preston
Bruno N'Gotty: 7k from Leicester
Freddie Ljungberg: 20k from Seattle
Stuart Fleetwood: 10k from Charlton
Zlatko Yankov: 3k from Kameno
Donovan Simmonds: 30k from Coventry
Brett Ormerod: 65k from Preston
Paul Telfer: 16k from Leeds
Matt Oakes: Free
Kristian O'Leary: 14k from Swansea

Transfers Out:
Dean Cox: 140k to Wolves
Andrew Pearson: Loaned to Hampton and Richmond
Sam Gargan: Loaned to Welling
Andrew Whing: 75k to Leyton Orient

Strongest Line-Up
GK Kuipers
DL Lynch (Richards Injury)
DR Telfer
DC Virgo
DC Elphick
ML Loft (Ljungberg n McLeod both sidelined)
MR Anyinsah
MC Livermore
MC O'Leary
FC Forster
FC Murray (Ormerod Injury)

Last 5 Results:
Brighton 1-1 Stockport (H) League.
Wycombe 1-2 Brighton (A) Lge Cup 1st Rnd
Yeovil 1-0 Brighton (A) League.
Brighton 0-2 Southend (H) League
Cardiff 3-2 Brighton (A) Lge Cup 2nd Rnd

Current League Pos. (All Teams Played 3 Games)
21. Tranmere: 1pt -1GD
22.Brighton: 1pt -1GD
23. Hereford: 1pt -8GD
24. Cheltenham: 0pt -4GD

Top Goalscorers:
1. Forster: 3
2. Loft: 2
3. Murray: 1

Summary:
Im pleased with some of the signings ive made like Ormerod and Ljungberg but i havent yet found the right formation. And of course dissapointed with the results.

Part 2 Coming Soon!!!!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Come on people - updates!! Seagull4eva? Daz?

So when are you going to release your season by season ins and outs! That would be awesome

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
Part 2 of my Story:

Date:
Saturday 1st November 08

Transfers In (Since Last Update);
Andy Johnson: 14k from Barnsley
Alessio Tacchinardi: Free
Matt Pilkington: Free
Marc Edworthy: Free

Transfers Out:
Dan Royce: Loan to Lewes

Results:
Leeds 3-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 0-1 Brentford (H) JPT 1st Round
Brighton 0-0 Tranmere (H) League
And Then Came A Unexpected Turn of Form:
Leicester 0-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 3-1 Carlisle (H) League
Scunthorpe 0-1 Brighton (A) League
MK Dons 1-0 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 1-0 Walsall (H) League
Hereford 1-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 2-2 Millwall (H) League
Bristol R 2-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 1-1 Oldham (H) League
Brighton 1-2 Huddersfield (H) League

Current League Pos.: (All Teams On Either 15 or 14 Games)
14. Colchester: 19pt +3GD
15. Cheltenham: 19pt -2GD
16. BRIGHTON: 17pt -3GD
17. Yeovil: 17pt -5GD

Strongest Team:
GK: Oakes, DR: Telfer, DL: Richards, DC: Elphick, DC: Virgo, MR: Anyinsah, ML: McLeod, MC: A.Johnson, MC: Tacchinardi, FC: Murray, FC: Forster

Top Scorers:
1.G.Murray: 4
2.N.Forster: 4
3. B.Ormerod:3

Highest Overalls:
1.K.McLeod: 7.65
2.A.Tacchinardi: 7.36
3.G.Murray: 7.12

Summary:
Sitting 16th in the table and doing ok, should have won against Hereford and MK but these things happen, roll on the rest of the season

Part 3 Coming Soon!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Part 2 of my Story:

Date:
Saturday 1st November 08

Transfers In (Since Last Update);
Andy Johnson: 14k from Barnsley
Alessio Tacchinardi: Free
Matt Pilkington: Free
Marc Edworthy: Free

Transfers Out:
Dan Royce: Loan to Lewes

Results:
Leeds 3-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 0-1 Brentford (H) JPT 1st Round
Brighton 0-0 Tranmere (H) League
And Then Came A Unexpected Turn of Form:
Leicester 0-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 3-1 Carlisle (H) League
Scunthorpe 0-1 Brighton (A) League
MK Dons 1-0 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 1-0 Walsall (H) League
Hereford 1-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 2-2 Millwall (H) League
Bristol R 2-1 Brighton (A) League
Brighton 1-1 Oldham (H) League
Brighton 1-2 Huddersfield (H) League

Current League Pos.: (All Teams On Either 15 or 14 Games)
14. Colchester: 19pt +3GD
15. Cheltenham: 19pt -2GD
16. BRIGHTON: 17pt -3GD
17. Yeovil: 17pt -5GD

Strongest Team:
GK: Oakes, DR: Telfer, DL: Richards, DC: Elphick, DC: Virgo, MR: Anyinsah, ML: McLeod, MC: A.Johnson, MC: Tacchinardi, FC: Murray, FC: Forster

Top Scorers:
1.G.Murray: 4
2.N.Forster: 4
3. B.Ormerod:3

Highest Overalls:
1.K.McLeod: 7.65
2.A.Tacchinardi: 7.36
3.G.Murray: 7.12

Summary:
Sitting 16th in the table and doing ok, should have won against Hereford and MK but these things happen, roll on the rest of the season

Part 3 Coming Soon!!

Good stuff - Tacchinardi was a good signing, eh! A sign of ambition!

Keep it coming :)

PS - Wanderer - are yer taking the piss? ;)

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
Good stuff - Tacchinardi was a good signing, eh! A sign of ambition!

Keep it coming :)

PS - Wanderer - are yer taking the piss? ;)

yes he was a good signing
iwas suprised he wanted to come to a team that was 24th in League 1

there were a few others that snubbed that i thought i would mention:
Ronaldo- Striker
Tomas Gravesen
Alexey Smertin
Edgar Davids

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Lol i did start a brighton save.

3 games in i have 6 points, aint played since friday mind.

Lost to Wigan in LC2 aswell, 2-0.

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
Koki Mizuno AM R is a tremendous signing so I would always sign him
Keep clear of signing Fowler he is no good.
Jay Simpson is a good CF from Arsenal Reserves.
Tacchinardi is a very good DM sign him
Ormerod for me has been pretty poor, Murray has always been my best striker

My main problem has been Formation and conceeding goals.
I have experimented with every formation you can think of and still had little to no success. I also seem to let in at least one goal a game and this is ruining my chance of scoring. I played 4-5-1 most the time to try and slow the goals conceeded but it still doesnt work.

If anyone has a method of being successful in the first season and any other signing that you coud recommend i would appreciate it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm in my third season with Brighton, and... well... I've done ok. A variety of free signings and loan signings have done the business for me, and I've had a fair few lucky escapes over the years with late goals scored or the other team having goals disallowed etc

Season 1

bhaseason1wv3.jpg

Snuck into the playoffs late in the season after a 7 game winning streak, and carried on this form to beat Millwall 2-0 in the playoff final. Forster, Murray, Robbie Fowler and Freddie Sears all weighed in with at least 12 goals - I believe Fozzy was top scorer for me with 17.

Season 2

bhaseason2tz4.jpg

This second season was mad, and completely excelled my expectations for the team. As I said earlier, I relied heavily on loans and free transfers; one of whom was Tommy Wright, who finished the season with 23 league goals. I've never been so nervous as a season has progressed in a FM game before. I'm pretty sure that if I was to start a new game with Brighton, even if I got promoted in the first season there is no way I'd be able to recreate this; everything seemed to go my way. Heading into the final game I needed a point to secure automatic promotion, and drew 0-0 against Swansea, with them hitting the crossbar in the 91st minute!

Season 3

bhaseason3jm6.jpg

As you can see, struggling so far in the season but it's early days yet. As long as I survive, I don't care how high or low I finish. It's a lot harder trying to be a wheeler dealer when you are in the Prem. I've had to start spending money on players, 4 of them for a combined total of £2.1mil, so I've still kept things tight financially.

bhaseason3squadoc7.jpg

This is the current squad. Daniel Pearce is set to be a pet project of mine. He hasn't had a game this season, but he became Brighton's youngest player last season and he has the potential, according to my assistant manager, to become a leading premiership midfielder. I'm going to try and nuture him into a Brighton legend, assuming I can keep potential suitors at bay!

So, in conclusion, I think it's fair to say I've had a reasonably successful stint as Brighton manager so far...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here