But..

Kidderminster 2-1 Altrincham ...:yahoo:

A GOAL WILL KEEP ME UP!!!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Histon 1-1 AFC Wimbledon.
Kidderminster 3-1 Altrincham.

Relagated by ONE point, and 270k in debt - The main factor why i went down.

:cry::cry::cry:

9 of my first teamers have 'requested transfer' A.K.A Time to resign.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
So, after 3 seasons, 1 promotion, 1 relagation, 1026 days, 160 games, 68 wins, 57 losses & 35 draws. I have decided to RESIGN as AFC Wimbledon Manager.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Histon 1-1 AFC Wimbledon.
Kidderminster 3-1 Altrincham.

Relagated by ONE point, and 270k in debt - The main factor why i went down.

:cry::cry::cry:

9 of my first teamers have 'requested transfer' A.K.A Time to resign.

I am sorry :(

:albion2:

A sad day...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
A sad sad day in the Paxton Dazo household today then.

On the other hand I won the play offs with Brighton, beating Peterboro in the final 2-0 :albion2:

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
how do you make a game a "fans game"

I am about to play a game away at Northampton and it says it is a fans game for Northampton to attract new fans

I want me a piece of that pie at Withers

That's up to DK I think!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
how do you make a game a "fans game"

I am about to play a game away at Northampton and it says it is a fans game for Northampton to attract new fans

I want me a piece of that pie at Withers

I think the chairman just decides for himself when he wants it to be.

Which is very gay.:lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Whoever it was said signing decent players after season 1 is difficult was certainly right.

DK gave me NOTHING to spend ahead of the new season so I am forced to prepare for my first time in the Championship by picking up freebies and it is NOT easy.

Most of the half decent players released by bigger clubs in England aren't interested in coming to Brighton or have sky high wage demands so I've ended up scouting overseas for cheaper foreign imports. Picked up a few lads I've never heard of but who have come recommended, got a few more on trial and I just had my first friendly where I fielded as many new players and trialists as I could.

The team was almost ALL foreign. Bit of a worry although in fairness the likes of Livermore, Lynch, Murray, Virgo and Thomson can all expect to play normally and this was just experimenting. But it just goes to show how much of a struggle it is to pick up decent English players if you've not got a big budget to blow.

On the plus side I'm quite pleased at getting hold of Henri Camara for nothing, and his wages are a very reasonable £1,200 a week! Also the loanee winger Stanislas who came in at the end of last season from West Ham was going cheap and I managed to get him in as a swap for John Sullivan.

Still unsure about the goalie situation though. Oddly enough West Ham bought Kuipers too (in a seperate transaction to the Sullivan deal) which I was fairly happy about as I want somebody a bit more reliable with their kicking, on a lower wage. My coaches seem to consider my 20-year old Norwegian under-21 starlet 'keeper as my best option at present but he only has an even younger Italian and a Polish kid on loan from Arsenal to compete with so I really think I need a bit of experience, btu where do I find it?

I keep asking about loan players but White only ever suggests other kids from premiership or championship clubs, and I need someone with a wisened old head.

Noticed Hibs released Ian Walker but is that really a road I want to go down?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
DATE:

Sunday 22nd May 2011

LEAGUE TABLE:

1st West Ham United - 96pts GD +35 (CHAMPIONS)
2nd Brighton & Hove Albion - 96pts GD +30 (PROMOTED)
3rd Wigan Athetic - 92pts (PL)
4th Bolton Wanderers - 85pts (PL)
5th Charlton Athletic - 84pts (PL)
6th Sheffield Wednesday - 77pts (PL)

20th Crystal Palace - 46pts
21st Scunthorpe United - 40pts
22nd Bristol City - 36pts (R)
23rd Derby County - 36pts (R)
24th Doncaster Rovers - 28pts (R)

All teams played all games.

CUP COMPETITIONS:

League Cup Second Round - Crewe Alexandra (Finished 19th L1) (H) 1-1 AET - Brighton & Hove Albion win 4-2 on penalties.

League Cup Third Round - Portsmouth (PREM) (A) 0-2

FA Cup Third Round - Exeter City (L2) (A) 2-0
(Terrible result with a full strength side out, a totally deserved defeat.)

TRANSFERS SINCE LAST UPDATE:

IN:

Danijel Subotic - Portsmouth (Loan)
Olivier Fauconnier - Unattached
Billy Mehmet - Unattached
Thierry Bin - Strasbourg (Free)

OUT:

Adam Virgo - Oldham Athletic (£250k)
Nick Ayres - Hull City (£650k + 30% of profit from next sale)
Chris Rogers - Havant & Waterlooville (Loan)
Ian Reynolds - Maidenhead (Loan)
Gareth Read - Sutton Utd (Loan)
Paul Gough - Chelmsford (Loan)
Ander - Southend (Loan)
Wayne Parry - Cheltenham (Loan)
Lewis Neal - Luton (Loan)
Paul Griffin - Eastleigh (Loan)
Ian Reynolds - Havant & Waterlooville (Loan)
Ander (Released)
Olivier Fauconnier (Released)
Stefan Stam (Released)
Paul Gough (Released)
Paul Griffin (Released)
Jamie Samuels (Released)
Chris Rogers (Released)
Greg Dickens (Released)
Gareth Read (Released)
Lee Walton (Released)
Ed Johnson (Released)
Lewis Neal (Released)
Wade Elliott (Released)
Florent Pepsi - Grasshopper 10.06.2011 (£250k)

SUMMARY: (PRE-TRANSFER WINDOW)

Brought in Danijel Subotic and Oliver Fauconnier in August and September 2010 respectively, to provide cover. The latter only making two substitute appearances and no goals, after continuously failing to impress in the reserves. The former adding a different dimension to our diminuitive front line from the bench, in the absence of the injured or suspended Rhys Murphy.

Striker Billy Mehmet was brought in after a few successful (in-game) seasons at St. Mirren, and did okay, earning a full Irish call up.
Thierry Bin was brought in at cover for left back, and has done okay in his handful of appearances, but will probably find himself out on loan next season.

Surprise offer for youngster and second year scholar Nick Ayres from newly relegated Hull City, which I gratefully accepted. I used the money to lower the wage deficit. He has gone on to make 0 (12) apps for Hull, scoring 1 goal.

Farmed out all my second year scholars as per usual, all failed to impress so have had their contracts terminated early after the last game of the season. Ander has failed to make the grade since his arrival from Spanish football, and didn't impress on loan at Southend, so has been released a few weeks early too.

Stefan Stam, Lewis Neal and Wade Elliott I believe are not of the required standard and are all players very much in decline, so have agreed to mutually terminate their contracts.

CURRENT TEAM:

My "strongest" team, as of the last game of the season was;

Roche (GK), Borrowdale (LB), Whing (RB), Lynch (CB), Elphick (CB), Petersen (LM), Senda (RM), Hewson (MC), Proment (MC), Fryatt (ST), Mehmet (ST)
Subs: Besle (DC), Douglas (DM, MC), Murphy (ST), Elliott (RM), Bin (LB)

CONCLUSION:

PROMOTION!!! :clap2:

Absolutely chuffed. Was a bit worried we might have "second season syndrome" in the Championship after our playoff finish last season, but there were no worries. Proment was class all season in the heart of midfield, but had he gotten injured I don't think we would've had enough quality to see it through!!

Senda finished our best player in the ratings, 39 (4), 1 gl, 5 assts, 2 MOM av rat. 7.09, but Proment was excellent too with 48 apps, 13 gls, 9 assts, 2 MOM av rat 6.98.

Fryatt was top scorer again, bagging 17 gls in 41 apps, but 5 down from last seasons tally. I think he will be able to do a job in the Premier League!!

Now in the post season, being over £5k under the wage budget, and soon to receive Premier League TV money!! Only £263k in debt too, so will hopefully have a vastly improved wage budget, to try and stay up!! :)

Next update to come prior to first Premier League game of the season. Wish me luck with my pre-season wheeling and dealing!!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Pat Rice's Arsenal are top of the Premier League with one game to go..

Because I started on Automatic, my reputation is still "Regional".. but I am now a "Talented Manager"

Man City managed to finish 12th despite SPUNKING £98m last season on players, and £22m this season on players. And yet Mark Hughes' job is still "secure".

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've decided to f*** my AFC game off, and start a fresh when i can be arsed.

Who to be?

SPL? League 1?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Here is my first update for what it is worth...

Date: February 3rd 2009.

League Table (all teams have played 30 games):
1st - Oldham 57 points +21GD
2nd - Leeds 56 points +22GD
3rd - Brighton and Hove Albion 55 points +18GD
4th - Millwall 55 points +12GD
5th - Leicester 52 points +22 GD
6th - Scunthorpe 50 points +16GD
----------------------------------
7th - Peterborough 49 points +9GD

Transfer Summary:

In
Koki Mizuno - Celtic, 90K
Walter Lopez - West Ham, Loan
Fredrik Ljungberg - Seattle, 14K
Carlos Tordoya - Bolivar, 75K
Henri Lansbury - Arsenal, Loan
Thierry Gathuessi - Hibernian, 170K
Dan Smith, Unattached
Fred Sears, West Ham, Loan (Terminated in Jan)
Samy Derras, Unattached
Lorenzo Calabrese, Unattached
Mirko Capelli, Unattached
Gabriel Sava, Bray Wanderers, Free
Luke O'Neill, Leicester, 3K
Nathan Tyson, Nottingham Forest, 170K
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Arsenal, Loan
Mossaab Sassi, Unattached,
Prince Asubonteng, FC Eindhoven, 120K

Out
Mayo - Released
Hart - Released
Fraser - Barnsley, 250K
Robinson - Cardiff, 250K
Whing - Watford, 60K
Lynch - Southend, 150K
Compton - Released
Chamberlain - Released
Cox - Derby, 450K

I have cleared away some of the "deadwood" as well as selling pretty much all of our young, profitable players. Transfers in have mainly focussed on stars of the future. Italian youngsters Calabrese (DM), Capelli (RB), and Sava (GK) all look good players for the future with the first 2 actually on the fringes of the 1st team now. Young French target man Derras with learn his trade from Murray and start to challenge him next season I hope and young Tunisian winger Sassi looks like he has the makings of being quality as well. Nathan Tyson has provided some much needed extra fire-power up front.

Summary: With 16 games to play it is still all the to play for and I am hoping that we can clinch automatic promotion. Will give a further update later.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Here is my first update for what it is worth...

Date: February 3rd 2009.

League Table (all teams have played 30 games):
1st - Oldham 57 points +21GD
2nd - Leeds 56 points +22GD
3rd - Brighton and Hove Albion 55 points +18GD
4th - Millwall 55 points +12GD
5th - Leicester 52 points +22 GD
6th - Scunthorpe 50 points +16GD
----------------------------------
7th - Peterborough 49 points +9GD

Transfer Summary:

In
Koki Mizuno - Celtic, 90K
Walter Lopez - West Ham, Loan
Fredrik Ljungberg - Seattle, 14K
Carlos Tordoya - Bolivar, 75K
Henri Lansbury - Arsenal, Loan
Thierry Gathuessi - Hibernian, 170K
Dan Smith, Unattached
Fred Sears, West Ham, Loan (Terminated in Jan)
Samy Derras, Unattached
Lorenzo Calabrese, Unattached
Mirko Capelli, Unattached
Gabriel Sava, Bray Wanderers, Free
Luke O'Neill, Leicester, 3K
Nathan Tyson, Nottingham Forest, 170K
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Arsenal, Loan
Mossaab Sassi, Unattached,
Prince Asubonteng, FC Eindhoven, 120K

Out
Mayo - Released
Hart - Released
Fraser - Barnsley, 250K
Robinson - Cardiff, 250K
Whing - Watford, 60K
Lynch - Southend, 150K
Compton - Released
Chamberlain - Released
Cox - Derby, 450K

I have cleared away some of the "deadwood" as well as selling pretty much all of our young, profitable players. Transfers in have mainly focussed on stars of the future. Italian youngsters Calabrese (DM), Capelli (RB), and Sava (GK) all look good players for the future with the first 2 actually on the fringes of the 1st team now. Young French target man Derras with learn his trade from Murray and start to challenge him next season I hope and young Tunisian winger Sassi looks like he has the makings of being quality as well. Nathan Tyson has provided some much needed extra fire-power up front.

Summary: With 16 games to play it is still all the to play for and I am hoping that we can clinch automatic promotion. Will give a further update later.

You're doing great, Walter Lopez was a quality signing!

Let me know when you too reach the PREM. :clap:
Ahem, sorry.. nobody else said congrats so I had to do it myself ;)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just beaten Tranmere 7-1 away with Tyson scoring 4. Add to the that the fact that I SLAYED Bas Savage in the press conference. What a day!

You could say it was a Savage beating? :yahoo:

Ps. recommend Gregory Proment!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
How much you pay ljunberg a week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports