Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I had WEYMOUTH away, and they was doing alright up in 6th, so i thought i'd go there and play for the 0-0..any how..93 minutes gone , still 0-0 the match stats looked something like this :

Attempts:
Weymouth 20-0 AFCW...:laugh:...Job done? Maybe not...

94th minute...Weymouth score from a set peice...:cry:

Been drawn against Swindon in the 2nd round of the fa cup..and im in the last 16 of the setanta shield...and 2 points above relagtion in the league :D :D

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I had WEYMOUTH away, and they was doing alright up in 6th, so i thought i'd go there and play for the 0-0..any how..93 minutes gone , still 0-0 the match stats looked something like this :

Attempts:
Weymouth 20-0 AFCW...:laugh:...Job done? Maybe not...

94th minute...Weymouth score from a set peice...:cry:

I tried to do the same away to sailsbury but again, i lose 1-0?:angry:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Ok, I'm a bit behind everyone here, but I enjoyed a victory over Premiership opposition last night in the 2nd round of the league cup. No, not Man City, but Hull City!
I set my stall out to defend and hit them on the break by playing a quick, direct 4-5-1. Virgo was sent off after 30 mins, so I had to play the rest of the game (including pens) with 10 men.
We won 7-6 on pens, with sub McLeod scoring the winner! :clap:

Other than that, my league form is crap. Lost 4-2 against Tranmere, lost 2-1 against Northampton and drew 0-0 at home to Cheltenham :(

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Finally got the game to run on my machine (1.83 dual Macbook, only works in 2D mode, crashes the entire OS in 3D, yay).

Forgot how difficult it is to play the game as an LOI team, not one single player I can afford is actually any better than the ones I have. Managed to wobble through pre-season undefeated but the teams not gelling at all well.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My starting 11 is pretty strong, but need some quality back up as everyone gets tired and I dont like starting players if they are below 85%

Lucky for me, Cardiff were going broke, so selling their players, I managed to buy Elphick back for £100k in the summer after selling him for £300k in the January window.
Got 2 good loans from parent club Arsenal

10 games into the second season, I am 5th on 18 points, 3 behind the leaders Doncaster.

Murray on 9 goals

Dean Gerkin

Andrew Whing
Tommy Elphick
Jerel Ifil
Daniel Jones

Jay Simpson
David Livermore
Francesco Madeira
Chris Taylor

Glenn Murray
Nathan Tyson

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My starting 11 is pretty strong, but need some quality back up as everyone gets tired and I dont like starting players if they are below 85%

Lucky for me, Cardiff were going broke, so selling their players, I managed to buy Elphick back for £100k in the summer after selling him for £300k in the January window.
Got 2 good loans from parent club Arsenal

10 games into the second season, I am 5th on 18 points, 3 behind the leaders Doncaster.

Murray on 9 goals

Dean Gerkin

Andrew Whing
Tommy Elphick
Jerel Ifil
Daniel Jones

Jay Simpson
David Livermore
Francesco Madeira
Chris Taylor

Glenn Murray
Nathan Tyson

Do you mean Merida? Or Madeira, like the cake/drive? :D

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Happy days, I've finally finished my first season and it has been a successful one.

Ended up in 4th place with Leeds and Swindon getting automatic promotion and Peterborough, Oldham and Southend joining my Albion team in the play offs.

We didn't finish the season too well, losing to play off rivals Peterborough in the last game of the regular season and losing both my star wingers, Mizuno and Ljungberg, to injury. Then Murray got injured too and Forster was really struggling to keep up. It wasn't looking good.

Had to bring in Junior Stanislas on loan from West Ham on the last day loan transfers were allowed and Rhys Murphy, on loan from Arsenal, was preparing to lead the attack whilst I called George Barker into the senior squad for the first time as backup in the absence of ANBODY else who could play up front.

Stanislas proved to be a very good move as he played superbly in the last 2 games of the season and I hoped he would carry his good form into the play off games.

First up was Oldham, who I finished above and had taken 4 points from already.

First match at Boundary Park and we ran out 2-1 winners thanks to 2 goals from Murphy.

then for the return leg I had Murray back and he got straight back on the scoresheet as we recorded a good 3-1 victory to take us into the final against Peterborough, who I'd only recently lost to, at Withers.

As ever David Livermore rallied the troops and as my best performer, as well as being one of the top three highest average ratings in the league, he seemed best placed to gear everybody up for the big Wembley date.

I was really nervous given the thinness of my squad and poor record against Peterborough but as luck would have it just two days before the final I got Ljungberg back and despite Stanislas' good form I couldn't leave the Fredster out after such a great season so he started on the right wing with my wizened Brazilian wideman Junior on the left.

Kuipers, despite losing the support of the fans and not being in very good form kept his place in goal as I had no decent backup (two very promising youngsters coming in on 1st July though). In defence Virgo was dropped after a massive mistake in the previous match, in favour of Miguel Rebosio, my Peruvian international. Dan Smith has been almost ever present at left back, Whing a very dependable right back and Lynch partnered Rebosio.

In between my experienced wing pair were Steven Thomson (who has been very solid throughout the season chipping in with quite a few vital goals along the way) and super solid Livermore.

Murray partnered Murphy up front while a recently recovered Forster made the bench.

The first half was very tight and consequently very tense but after the break we were a team renewed. Ljungberg justified my faith in him by running Peterborough ragged and set up Murphy for the first goal, then to tie the game up Man of the Match Dan Smith (in his first ever MoM performance) slid a perfect ball to Forster, who had come on as a sub, and he made no mistake in firing us to glory.

I was absolutely delighted, as were the fans. The board couldn't believe it either, admitting they certainly hadn't expected the team to go up.

I was runner up to Gary McAllister as manager of the season (despite never winning a monthly award) and Livermore was voted into the League One team of the year.

Now it's time to build a squad capable of holding their own in the championship. I just hope we find some money from somewhere as the club is seriously struggling financially and the squad is paper thin.

First on my summer shortlist is Jody Morris, who's had a very good season north of the border.

I've then got to decide what to do about the 'keeper as I'm not trusting Michel between the sticks up in the Championship, especially as AZ are looking likely to make an offer, and I could do with getting him off the wage bill.

Got a highly rated 20 year old Italian keeper on his way and a 19-year old Norwegian who is also very well thought of but I fear they're both too young and I'm wondering whether I should seek out an experienced pair of hands for a couple of seasons or whether I should play the loan market.

All in all however, it's most exciting and I can't wait for season 2.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Happy days, I've finally finished my first season and it has been a successful one.

Ended up in 4th place with Leeds and Swindon getting automatic promotion and Peterborough, Oldham and Southend joining my Albion team in the play offs.

We didn't finish the season too well, losing to play off rivals Peterborough in the last game of the regular season and losing both my star wingers, Mizuno and Ljungberg, to injury. Then Murray got injured too and Forster was really struggling to keep up. It wasn't looking good.

Had to bring in Junior Stanislas on loan from West Ham on the last day loan transfers were allowed and Rhys Murphy, on loan from Arsenal, was preparing to lead the attack whilst I called George Barker into the senior squad for the first time as backup in the absence of ANBODY else who could play up front.

Stanislas proved to be a very good move as he played superbly in the last 2 games of the season and I hoped he would carry his good form into the play off games.

First up was Oldham, who I finished above and had taken 4 points from already.

First match at Boundary Park and we ran out 2-1 winners thanks to 2 goals from Murphy.

then for the return leg I had Murray back and he got straight back on the scoresheet as we recorded a good 3-1 victory to take us into the final against Peterborough, who I'd only recently lost to, at Withers.

As ever David Livermore rallied the troops and as my best performer, as well as being one of the top three highest average ratings in the league, he seemed best placed to gear everybody up for the big Wembley date.

I was really nervous given the thinness of my squad and poor record against Peterborough but as luck would have it just two days before the final I got Ljungberg back and despite Stanislas' good form I couldn't leave the Fredster out after such a great season so he started on the right wing with my wizened Brazilian wideman Junior on the left.

Kuipers, despite losing the support of the fans and not being in very good form kept his place in goal as I had no decent backup (two very promising youngsters coming in on 1st July though). In defence Virgo was dropped after a massive mistake in the previous match, in favour of Miguel Rebosio, my Peruvian international. Dan Smith has been almost ever present at left back, Whing a very dependable right back and Lynch partnered Rebosio.

In between my experienced wing pair were Steven Thomson (who has been very solid throughout the season chipping in with quite a few vital goals along the way) and super solid Livermore.

Murray partnered Murphy up front while a recently recovered Forster made the bench.

The first half was very tight and consequently very tense but after the break we were a team renewed. Ljungberg justified my faith in him by running Peterborough ragged and set up Murphy for the first goal, then to tie the game up Man of the Match Dan Smith (in his first ever MoM performance) slid a perfect ball to Forster, who had come on as a sub, and he made no mistake in firing us to glory.

I was absolutely delighted, as were the fans. The board couldn't believe it either, admitting they certainly hadn't expected the team to go up.

I was runner up to Gary McAllister as manager of the season (despite never winning a monthly award) and Livermore was voted into the League One team of the year.

Now it's time to build a squad capable of holding their own in the championship. I just hope we find some money from somewhere as the club is seriously struggling financially and the squad is paper thin.

First on my summer shortlist is Jody Morris, who's had a very good season north of the border.

I've then got to decide what to do about the 'keeper as I'm not trusting Michel between the sticks up in the Championship, especially as AZ are looking likely to make an offer, and I could do with getting him off the wage bill.

Got a highly rated 20 year old Italian keeper on his way and a 19-year old Norwegian who is also very well thought of but I fear they're both too young and I'm wondering whether I should seek out an experienced pair of hands for a couple of seasons or whether I should play the loan market.

All in all however, it's most exciting and I can't wait for season 2.

Congrats :clap:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
26 games gone - 26 points, If i carry of with a point a game average i WILL go down, but ive had a change around in the tactics room, and change my formations got a few loanee's in so i should be ok.

I'll tell you how im doing after 30 games.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
30 Games in - The 4 games just past have been VERY good, except for the game against Northwich Victoria.Anyhow, this is how i got on;

AFCW 0-0 Wrexham.
AFCW 3-1 Stevanage.
Crawley Town 1-1 AFCW ( Had Ten men for 60 minutes.)
AFCW 1-2 Northwich Victoria. ( 3 fantastic results follow up by this, very frustating espically after being 1-0 up at half time.)

Update on the cups:

FA CUP;
AFCW 1-2 Swindon Town.

FA TROPHY;
Farsley Celtic 2-1 AFCW.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
All teams have now played 34 games in the BSP now.

League Table
19th: Burton Albion ----------- 37 Pts
20th: AFC Wimbledon -------- 35 Pts
21st: Altrincham ------------ 33 Pts
22nd: Northwich Victoria ----- 30 Pts
23rd: Histon -------------------- 27 Pts
24th:Stafford Rangers ----- 24 Pts

Bold: Relagation Zone

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
This latest version isn't really the most realistic game ever, is it? Still, not a bad month for the Villains...

(This is the first season, btw)

Attachments

• villa.jpg
    villa.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 165

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
All teams have now played 34 games in the BSP now.

League Table
19th: Burton Albion ----------- 37 Pts
20th: AFC Wimbledon -------- 35 Pts
21st: Altrincham ------------ 33 Pts
22nd: Northwich Victoria ----- 30 Pts
23rd: Histon -------------------- 27 Pts
24th:Stafford Rangers ----- 24 Pts

All teams have now played 42 games in the BSP.

League Table
19th: Ebbsfleet ------------ 43 Pts
20th: Northwich Victoria -- 43 Pts
21st: Altrincham ------------ 42 Pts
22nd: AFC WIMBLEDON --- 42 Pts
23rd: Histon ----------------- 37 Pts
24th: Stafford Rangers ---- 29 Pts
(R)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
All teams have now played 42 games in the BSP.

League Table
19th: Ebbsfleet ------------ 43 Pts
20th: Northwich Victoria -- 43 Pts
21st: Altrincham ------------ 42 Pts
22nd: AFC WIMBLEDON --- 42 Pts
23rd: Histon ----------------- 37 Pts
24th: Stafford Rangers ---- 29 Pts
(R)

All teams have now played 44 games in the BSP.

League Table
19th: Ebbsfleet ----------- 49 Pts
20th: Altrincham ---------- 45 Pts
21st: AFC WIMBLEDON -- 44 Pts
22nd: Northwich Victoria 43 Pts
23rd: Histon --------------- 38 Pts (R)
24th: Stafford Rangers -- 30 Pts
(R)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
All teams have now played 44 games in the BSP.

League Table
19th: Ebbsfleet ----------- 49 Pts
20th: Altrincham ---------- 45 Pts
21st: AFC WIMBLEDON -- 44 Pts
22nd: Northwich Victoria 43 Pts
23rd: Histon --------------- 38 Pts (R)
24th: Stafford Rangers -- 30 Pts
(R)

f***ing hell, lol, so is that resignation I hear in the air? :bigwave:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Just finished my 2012/13 season with Wrexham finishing 16th.

I'm going to lose ALL BUT ONE of my First Team Squad under the Bosman because I cannot afford to renew their contracts.

I applied for the Millwall job who were bottom of the Championship as I was fovourite to get the job but after 3 months of waiting, i didnt get the job.
Was offered the Hartlepool job who were 22nd in League One but had a lower budget than Wrexham so turned them down.

I'm tempted on either resigning or starting a new game.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Right the maths is simple;

I need to beat already relagated HISTON & rely on 15th place KIDDERMINSTER beating ALTRINCHAM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports