Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just got Michael Bridges at the end of Season 1, on a free! Absolutely great.

Murray
Forster
Thompson
Lynch

Are the big 4 I off loaded end of season 1!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Half way through pre-season, beat ludbury? at home 5-0, lost 2-1 at sevilla, then lost 1-0 to liverpool at home. Still got fulham, coventry and two non leaguers to play though. Had some great players join so far!
Players in:
Ian evatt (blackpool cb) free transfer
taylor fletcher (free)
mifsud (free)
alan mahon (free)
richard duffy (free)
oh and Ferre Bodde :clap2:
oh and 3 from french teams Mendy for 14k from metz, diombo, and boateng

Out:
Fowler mk dons free :yahoo:
hawkins 3k oxford :bigwave:
looking to sell fraser, thomson, sullivan and el abd soon.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
Just started a game...

So far I have signed:
Fabian Delph (450k)
Fred Sears (loan)
Seyfo Soley (free)
Kevin Thornton (200k)
Michael Woods (loan)

Just need to find a decent loan keeper, then I will be all set!

And I've sent about 10 players out on loan.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Am I the only one in serious financial difficulty at the start of the second season despite spending hardly anything and staying well under the wage budget?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Am I the only one in serious financial difficulty at the start of the second season despite spending hardly anything and staying well under the wage budget?

Nope, i have the same problem, almost all my loan players i was paying nothing, and i was about 3k under the wage budget. As i won league one loads of players contracts got upped due to a clause. I signed a few players on frees but let a few go, now i have next to no transfer money and am in trouble for wage spendature being too high.

Farley11

Jun 16, 2008
Mile Oak
Just started a game...

So far I have signed:
Fabian Delph (450k)
Fred Sears (loan)
Seyfo Soley (free)
Kevin Thornton (200k)
Michael Woods (loan)

get john ruddy from everton he quality

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Time for an update! :)

PART FIVE: :albion2:

DATE:

Sunday 21st February 2010

LEAGUE TABLE:

1st Derby County - 61pts
2nd Wolverhampton Wanderers - 61pts
3rd Southampton - 60pts
4th Stoke City - 60pts
5th Wigan Athletic - 59pts
6th Leeds United - 56pts
7th Blackpool - 56pts
8th Hull City - 55pts
9th Crystal Palace - 55pts
10th Brighton & Hove Albion - 53pts
11th Watford - 51pts
12th Nottingham Forest - 51pts

22nd Barnsley - 26pts
23rd Preston North End - 22pts
24th Oldham Athletic - 19pts

All teams played 33 games.

CUP COMPETITIONS:

League Cup First Round - Kettering (L2) (H) 4-0

League Cup Second Round - Bolton Wanderers (PREM) (A) 0-1

FA Cup Third Round - Portsmouth (PREM) (H) 3-2
(Amazing come back!!! 1-2 down, then goals from first-year scholar Nick Ayres (86) on his debut, and Wade Elliott (89) sealed a famous victory against Premier League opposition!)

FA Cup Fourth Round - Chelsea (PREM) (H) 0-1
(Lost to our parent club..)

TRANSFERS SINCE LAST UPDATE:

IN:

Mikkel Jensen - Charlton Athletic (£26k)
Mark Randall - Arsenal (Loan)
Nwankwo Kanu - West Bromwich Albion (Loan)
Ville Kouvalainen - IFK Mariehamn (Free)
Gareth Read - Professional deal from Youth
Dave Burchell - Professional deal from Youth
Jamie Sambrook - Professional deal from Youth
Ryan Thomson - Professional deal from Youth
Connor Wilkins - Professional deal from Youth
Wayne Parry - Professional deal from Youth
Chris Rogers - Professional deal from Youth

OUT:

Ville Kouvalainen - MK Dons (Loan)
Florent Pepsi - Millwall (Loan)
Oliver Rowe - Weymouth (Loan)
Steve Brinkhurst - Kettering Town (Loan)
Lewis Ide - Grays Athletic (Loan)
Sergio Tejera - Chelsea (Loan Terminated)
Mark Randall (Loan Ended)

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW:

Sent Sergio Tejera back to parent club Chelsea, after only one start, and one substitute appearance, both coming in the League Cup.

In came Mark Randall on a three month loan, who acted as substitute cover for Douglas and Livermore, also managing 4 starts and one goal. He declined to renew his loan contract, and is now back at Arsenal.

Landed Mikkel Jensen, Danish U-21 international, on transfer window deadline day at the start of the season, who is acting as useful cover in the centre of the park.

Also brought in young Finnish U-21 international Kouvalainen on a free, before loaning him immediately out to be MK Dons first choice keeper. Unfortunately, he broke a finger on his debut.

Landed one of the shocks of the transfer window by getting Nwankwo Kanu on loan in a three month deal, which expires at the start of April. He has been excellent; 8 starts, 3 goals, 2 assists (1 MOM), av. rat. 7.15
Paying £0p/w for the duration of the loan, with West Brom paying the full £14,750p/w!! (Thought they'd fixed that by now?)

CURRENT TEAM:

My "strongest" team, as of today, ignoring injuries/suspensions is;

Randolph (GK), Laribi (LB), Senda (RB), Lynch (CB), Basle (CB), Neal (LW), Elliott (RW), Livermore (CM), Douglas (CM), Kanu (ST), Fryatt (ST)

CONCLUSION:

Really strange season, most of our wins have come in the form of scraping one goal victories, and we when have lost we have lost heavily - particularly away from home. This has led to a bad overall goal difference of -1, which belies our league position. Also, pretty much every game we have won, with a few exceptions, the final "commentary" comment has been "Brighton win, but in truth it was a poor match". I feel like Stoke :lolol:
Go from an excellent result 1-4 win against Ipswich (A) - to a terrible one 0-3 loss to Hull City (H), back to an excellent one!

Lost to Palace (A) 0-1.. :nono:bit unlucky, with Palace scoring their only shot on goal (leading to Westerveld being given a spell in the reserves..)

So, 13 games remaining and currently three points off the last playoff place, and (surely) safe from relegation. A good season so far!!! :clap2:

IN OTHER NEWS:

CKR has signed for Wigan for £3.7m - played against us up front in our last game and managed a 5.7!

Now have one parent club (Chelsea) and four feeder clubs (Montrose - SC3, Dundalk - ROI, Bognor Regis Town - NL, Grimsby Town - L2) - but have just asked to make a link with another parent club, and the board asked me if I had any preference as to what type of link - first time I've ever had that option!!!

Man City's signings this season;

Falcao (River) - £25m
Coloccini (Newcastle) - £17.5m
Hubschman (Shakhtar) - £12.25m
Nocerino (Palermo) - £10.75m
Brunt (West Brom) - £9.5m
Salcido (PSV) - £8.25m
Wilkshire (Dinamo Moscow) - £6m
Pizarro (Chelsea) - £4.8m
Valencia (Wigan) - £4m
Total: £98m

£15.5 MILLION for CHRIS BRUNT and LUKE WILKSHIRE. Worst signings ever?

Dave Jones - new Reading manager
Stevie Coppell - new West Brom manager
Sam Allardyce - new Bolton manager

Mini-update!! :albion2:

Four games to go, which are as follows;

Barnsley (H) - (22nd in the table - a must win!!)
Wolves (H) - (1st in the table.. a draw might be my target)
QPR (A) - (13th in the table.. a win would be good)
Palace (H) - (5th in the table.. MUST win)

Will have to do without the brilliant Kanu, after he rejected extending his loan until the end of the season.

Also, Matty Fryatt picked up an injury in our last game and will be out for 6 days to 3 weeks.. possibly not fit until the end of the season.

LEAGUE TABLE:

1st Wolverhampton Wanderers - 80pts
2nd Derby County - 79pts
3rd Stoke City - 78pts
4th Wigan - 74pts
5th Crystal Palace - 73pts
6th Southampton - 71pts - GD: +19
7th Brighton & Hove Albion - 71pts - GD: +5
8th Hull City - 68pts - GD: +16

IN:

Ander - Unattached - after successful trial

OUT:

Liam Fox - Livingston (Bosman Free - 01.07.2010)

CONCLUSION:

Last four games, pushing for a playoff place - who knows!! It's a tough last few games.

Full update at end of season!! :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Nope I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Our bank loans mean we struggle financially. If it gets too bad the board will either invest x amount into the club boosting the finances or you'll get a board take over to make things easier.

We've got current debts to pay at the moment and then our Falmer bank loan kicks in. So it's pretty difficult. Try and make money with some big home friendlies against top sides and sell players. Or let it get bad and just wait for the cash injection/take over!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just started a game...

So far I have signed:
Fabian Delph (450k)
Fred Sears (loan)
Seyfo Soley (free)
Kevin Thornton (200k)
Michael Woods (loan)

Buy James Wright from Bohemians..... 18k and an absolute steal!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
9 games in i have 9 points under my belt:glare:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't be arsed to read all these pages,but just loaded it and im getting...

cannot run game failed to set up grathics system???

any ideas anyone?:thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Mini-update!! :albion2:

Four games to go, which are as follows;

Barnsley (H) - (22nd in the table - a must win!!)
Wolves (H) - (1st in the table.. a draw might be my target)
QPR (A) - (13th in the table.. a win would be good)
Palace (H) - (5th in the table.. MUST win)

Will have to do without the brilliant Kanu, after he rejected extending his loan until the end of the season.

Also, Matty Fryatt picked up an injury in our last game and will be out for 6 days to 3 weeks.. possibly not fit until the end of the season.

LEAGUE TABLE:

1st Wolverhampton Wanderers - 80pts
2nd Derby County - 79pts
3rd Stoke City - 78pts
4th Wigan - 74pts
5th Crystal Palace - 73pts
6th Southampton - 71pts - GD: +19
7th Brighton & Hove Albion - 71pts - GD: +5
8th Hull City - 68pts - GD: +16

IN:

Ander - Unattached - after successful trial

OUT:

Liam Fox - Livingston (Bosman Free - 01.07.2010)

CONCLUSION:

Last four games, pushing for a playoff place - who knows!! It's a tough last few games.

Full update at end of season!! :)

Barnsley (H)

Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - Barnsley 1
Nicky Forster (41)............Stephan Jordan (47)
Stephane Basle (85)

Att. 8634

FLUKEY win against a very poor Barnsley team - totally outplayed in the first half, with Barnsley hitting the post twice and having a number of other chances. Nicky Forster scoring on his first start since November against the run of play. A change of formation for the second half cost us immediately, as Barnsley equalised from a corner.
Reverting to an attacking 4-3-3 formation paid dividends.
A long throw, flicked on by substitute striker Adam Virgo wasn't properly cleared, and centre-back Stephane Basle, playing as a make-shift centre-forward, blasted home from 12 yards for his first Albion goal.

However, Southampton managed to beat Blackpool 2-3 to remain in the last play-off place, leaving us 7th. Hull were beaten at home to Palace 1-2, so are now 6 points behind us.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Barnsley (H)

Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - Barnsley 1
Nicky Forster (41)............Stephan Jordan (47)
Stephane Basle (85)

Att. 8634

FLUKEY win against a very poor Barnsley team - totally outplayed in the first half, with Barnsley hitting the post twice and having a number of other chances. Nicky Forster scoring on his first start since November against the run of play. A change of formation for the second half cost us immediately, as Barnsley equalised from a corner.
Reverting to an attacking 4-3-3 formation paid dividends.
A long throw, flicked on by substitute striker Adam Virgo wasn't properly cleared, and centre-back Stephane Basle, playing as a make-shift centre-forward, blasted home from 12 yards for his first Albion goal.

However, Southampton managed to beat Blackpool 2-3 to remain in the last play-off place, leaving us 7th. Hull were beaten at home to Palace 1-2, so are now 6 points behind us.

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 2
Livermore S/O (52)..............Sylvain Ebanks-Blake (31)
Cox (58)............................David Edwards (62)

Att. 8807

A nightmare week! Lost cover centre-back Joel Lynch for a month (and the rest of the season) with a training injury, then lost first choice centre-back Stephane Basle for two months.

Very unlucky to lose to top of the table Wolves. Played excellently after losing Livermore to a second yellow card. Striker Rhys Murphy hobbled off injured in the first half, replaced by a barely fit Matty Fryatt, who then himself picked up a knock and had to come off for Adam Boyd.
Substitute Dean Cox scored a well taken equaliser before Wolves' winner.
We had a number of clear-cut chances to equalise but squandered them all, in particular Adam Boyd was put clean through by Dean Cox, only to blast into the stand. That's why he has 5 (11) apps, 1 goal, av. rat. 6.12

8th placed Hull did us a MASSIVE favour by beating 6th placed Southampton 3-1 at home, so it remains Southampton in the final playoff spot, thrashing us on goal difference +18 to +5.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 2
Livermore S/O (52)..............Sylvain Ebanks-Blake (31)
Cox (58)............................David Edwards (62)

Att. 8807

A nightmare week! Lost cover centre-back Joel Lynch for a month (and the rest of the season) with a training injury, then lost first choice centre-back Stephane Basle for two months.

Very unlucky to lose to top of the table Wolves. Played excellently after losing Livermore to a second yellow card. Striker Rhys Murphy hobbled off injured in the first half, replaced by a barely fit Matty Fryatt, who then himself picked up a knock and had to come off for Adam Boyd.
Substitute Dean Cox scored a well taken equaliser before Wolves' winner.
We had a number of clear-cut chances to equalise but squandered them all, in particular Adam Boyd was put clean through by Dean Cox, only to blast into the stand. That's why he has 5 (11) apps, 1 goal, av. rat. 6.12

8th placed Hull did us a MASSIVE favour by beating 6th placed Southampton 3-1 at home, so it remains Southampton in the final playoff spot, thrashing us on goal difference +18 to +5.

Queens Park Rangers 0 - Brighton & Hove Albion 3
.................................Matty Fryatt (6, 9, 90+2)

Att. 13901

Fantastic result! Totally dominated the game. Fryatt with a brilliant hat-trick.

Unfortunately, it all counts for nothing as Southampton beat Ipswich 4-2 at home, leaving it all down to the final game of the season.. against the SCUM of all teams.. :ohmy:

Jimmy Grimble

Denton what was the score?!?!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here