Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Quick question........in Dean Whites "team feedback" on the matchday screen it always tells me "there is far to much space between the midfield and defence and is being exploited time and time again".

What do i need to do tacticaly to solve this problem? It could be the reason why im getting tonked every game and bottom of the leauge.

Oh yeah....and i cant get Glenn Murry to score...grrr....not even in the reserves.........and dont get me started on Robbie Fowler!

Bear in mind the level of the players, if you've not made any quality signings, the team is pretty bad. Play a direct style, quick, trying to hit teams on the break. More cautious away, more attacking at home. DON'T use the "default" position settings.

Just try and think how the Albion play right now and do the opposite.

And I personally recommend using a target man (try Glenn) taking note of players jumping/heading ability/height if you're playing to head.

Don't worry about the feedback option, keep it solid and safe 4-4-2 until you can get a few wins under your belt! :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
:yahoo: , I love you both:love:.

I just hope i can stay up.

That is a quality result though :ascarf:

Where are you now, BSP or L2?... you should be able to start getting decent regens soon - keep your eyes open!

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I'll explain LADS no cheating involved, set price out for Robinson and Fraser. Start of the season promised the board i'd win the league gives me 150k, then went to board room, adjusted my wage structure in favour of transfer structure leaving me with 500k more. So 650k to spend before selling Robinson and Fraser which equals 1.2m altogether... bet there's someone wanting to restart as Brighton :lolol: What can i say i'm a pro at exploiting the board try it for yourselves

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'll explain LADS no cheating involved, set price out for Robinson and Fraser. Start of the season promised the board i'd win the league gives me 150k, then went to board room, adjusted my wage structure in favour of transfer structure leaving me with 500k more. So 650k to spend before selling Robinson and Fraser which equals 1.2m altogether... bet there's someone wanting to restart as Brighton :lolol:

But what will happen if you don't win the league? You will be VERY unpopular with the board who have chucked money at you :glare:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'll explain LADS no cheating involved, set price out for Robinson and Fraser. Start of the season promised the board i'd win the league gives me 150k, then went to board room, adjusted my wage structure in favour of transfer structure leaving me with 500k more. So 650k to spend before selling Robinson and Fraser which equals 1.2m altogether... bet there's someone wanting to restart as Brighton :lolol: What can i say i'm a pro at exploiting the board try it for yourselves

Fair do's!! :p

I should've signed Delph. Worth nearly £4m now. But now I know he's good, I can't sign him in my next game - using "good player guides" is cheating! :angel:

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Fair do's!! :p

I should've signed Delph. Worth nearly £4m now. But now I know he's good, I can't sign him in my next game - using "good player guides" is cheating! :angel:

His inspirational performance against us at Elland Road this season made me sit up and take as he destroyed Savage, what season are you in? Murray's abysmal, don't forget my board tactic :ascarf:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
His inspirational performance against us at Elland Road this season made me sit up and take as he destroyed Savage, what season are you in? Murray's abysmal, don't forget my board tactic :ascarf:

Part 5 to come tonight :thumbsup: I'm in the Championship, second season.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Im in the BS premiership now :) :p.

I'm hoping i get into the football league in 2-3 seasons :glare:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Try and make a link with MK Dons, that'd be ironic.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Is there any way you can make a link with a team of your choice? Or can it only be the teams that the board choose?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is there any way you can make a link with a team of your choice? Or can it only be the teams that the board choose?

It's whoever the board come back with - but you CAN reject their recommendations, then wait a week or so, and try again and they'll come back with a list of different teams. Sometimes.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Quick question........in Dean Whites "team feedback" on the matchday screen it always tells me "there is far to much space between the midfield and defence and is being exploited time and time again".

What do i need to do tacticaly to solve this problem? It could be the reason why im getting tonked every game and bottom of the leauge.

Oh yeah....and i cant get Glenn Murry to score...grrr....not even in the reserves.........and dont get me started on Robbie Fowler!

I have the same problem, every game i seem to get told there is a large gap between defence and midfield, i cannot fix it. However, doesnt seem to affect me as i am still top of the league:clap2:, Fowler is shite whatever it seems, fans are really dissapointed on my game with him. Murray is doing fine, and as to delph, he has been superb. Signed kislyak on a free transfer who is a belarussian international, also a very good signing.
Was about to sign tyson for 50k, but he signed a new contract just before i was about to offer him a contract. Merida is still good back up, and livermore is still really solid.
Results recently:
crewe lost 2-1 at home, went all out for a win in the last 5 and conceded
bournemouth f.a cup 3round won 1-0
colchester away won 2-1
peterborough won 1-0
swindon drew 2-2 away
southampton f.a cup 4th rnd lost 3-2
Sat on top of league 1 in first season, 6 points clear of leicester, who are a point ahead of leeds

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Why won't my stingy board let me have a parent club?

They just said there's nobody suitable and I'm not allowed to ask again.

Problem is I have NO money for wages and the January transfer window approaches

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
21st in the league, no win in 8, havent scored in 6, just got knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup at Pompey 5-0.

Things aren't looking up:down:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
My shift ends tonight so cannot wait to get stuck into it again for a few days, haven't played for a week!... Last time I played I'd hit some serious form and pulled out of the relegation zone in January... Time for a play off push!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports