Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not started the season too well. Out the League Cup and the JPT in the first rounds. Sitting 7th in the League:

Millwall 0 - 1 Brighton
Luton 1 - 0 Brighton (League Cup R1)
Brighton 2 - 0 Yeovil
Walsall 2 - 0 Brighton
Brighton 1 - 2 Carlisle
Brighton 0 - 1 Millwall (JPT R1)
Leicester 0 - 1 Brighton
Brighton 1 - 1 Peterborough

Forster is top goals scorer with 4 in 8 games
Matt Richards (penalty) and Tommy Elphick with the only other goals so far which is rather worrying.

Have got Bradley Johnson and Kevin Thornton in on loan for the whole season (good old data editor). Other transfers are:

IN
Jason Demetriou AM RLC- Leyton Orient 75k
Shelton Martis D RC - West Brom 40k
Robbie Fowler ST - Blackburn 20k
Luke Beckett ST - Huddersfield 20k
Walter Lopez AM L - West Ham (season long loan)

OUT
Tommy Fraser - Barnsley 150k
Andrew Whing - QPR 90k
Doug Loft - Stevenage 20k
Andrew Pearson, Jonny Dixon, Kane Wills, Jack Compton and Kane Louis all out on loan

Murray has been proper SHIT, don't know what I'm doing wrong with him. Usual team is with regular replacements in brackets.

Kuipers
Martis, Lynch, Elphick, Richards (Virgo has been injured)
Cox (Robinson), Johnson (Thornton), Livermore, Lopez (Demetriou)
Murray (Fowler, Beckett), Forster

I have re-done all the training schedules to create new groups split into positions i.e. goalkeepers, defenders, defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders and striker. Not changed any of the coaching staff.

Desperate to get an improvement from Murray (average rating from 5 (1) league games is 5.68) somehow as Forster can't do it all by himself. Hmmmmmmm............

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Try mixing it around a bit (playing more direct or varying the target mans service), Murray is doing fine for me, not on fire but 6 goals in 15 isnt too shit. Just beaten lewes one nil in the fa cup thanks to a 35 yarder from delph.:bowdown: In the league i beat Oldham and Carlisle both at home 2-1 and drew with leicester and another away draw at some other club i've forgotten. Murray wants to leave, ask to go on transfer list but i declined, i have some guy coming in on a free from Dinamo minsk who is rated as a decent premier league player:thumbsup: and Mizuno for 30k from celtic.
IS there an update as to how J.C Denton is doing, i enjoy reading your reports.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Try mixing it around a bit (playing more direct or varying the target mans service), Murray is doing fine for me, not on fire but 6 goals in 15 isnt too shit. Just beaten lewes one nil in the fa cup thanks to a 35 yarder from delph.:bowdown: In the league i beat Oldham and Carlisle both at home 2-1 and drew with leicester and another away draw at some other club i've forgotten. Murray wants to leave, ask to go on transfer list but i declined, i have some guy coming in on a free from Dinamo minsk who is rated as a decent premier league player:thumbsup: and Mizuno for 30k from celtic.
IS there an update as to how J.C Denton is doing, i enjoy reading your reports.

Thanks mate, and I like reading yours and others too. I haven't bothered updating as had no replies to my last one - wondered if anybody actually read them!! :laugh:

Delph was a wicked signing for you :bowdown: - I'm trying to get him now, he's now rating as a "potential good premier league player" - now worth a few million!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not started the season too well. Out the League Cup and the JPT in the first rounds. Sitting 7th in the League:

Millwall 0 - 1 Brighton
Luton 1 - 0 Brighton (League Cup R1)
Brighton 2 - 0 Yeovil
Walsall 2 - 0 Brighton
Brighton 1 - 2 Carlisle
Brighton 0 - 1 Millwall (JPT R1)
Leicester 0 - 1 Brighton
Brighton 1 - 1 Peterborough

Forster is top goals scorer with 4 in 8 games
Matt Richards (penalty) and Tommy Elphick with the only other goals so far which is rather worrying.

Have got Bradley Johnson and Kevin Thornton in on loan for the whole season (good old data editor). Other transfers are:

IN
Jason Demetriou AM RLC- Leyton Orient 75k
Shelton Martis D RC - West Brom 40k
Robbie Fowler ST - Blackburn 20k
Luke Beckett ST - Huddersfield 20k
Walter Lopez AM L - West Ham (season long loan)

OUT
Tommy Fraser - Barnsley 150k
Andrew Whing - QPR 90k
Doug Loft - Stevenage 20k
Andrew Pearson, Jonny Dixon, Kane Wills, Jack Compton and Kane Louis all out on loan

Murray has been proper SHIT, don't know what I'm doing wrong with him. Usual team is with regular replacements in brackets.

Kuipers
Martis, Lynch, Elphick, Richards (Virgo has been injured)
Cox (Robinson), Johnson (Thornton), Livermore, Lopez (Demetriou)
Murray (Fowler, Beckett), Forster

I have re-done all the training schedules to create new groups split into positions i.e. goalkeepers, defenders, defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders and striker. Not changed any of the coaching staff.

Desperate to get an improvement from Murray (average rating from 5 (1) league games is 5.68) somehow as Forster can't do it all by himself. Hmmmmmmm............

Lopez was class for me, and got in the League One team of the year, nine goals, seven assists, and played almost every game!

Murray was a bit poor for me, but Forster was quality - exactly the same, though this was down to my tactics so I'll claim it was deliberate :lolol:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Murray is 26(1) 21 goals now out injured!
Forster is 18(3) 6 goals just back from injury.
Fowler is a complete waste of time 8(8) 1 goal.
Robinson hot and cold 14(7) 7 goals.
Strange how we all get so different results with the same players. Murray must like my style!
Fighting it out with Leeds at the top now, but i think the wheels are about to come off the thing. The tight defence is turning a little dodgy and the fire power is low without murray. Had three draws in a row then demolished MK Dons at theirs 4-0.
Still in the paint cup but out of the other two, gonna try to do the double!
Just signed a midfielder called Irenee Kouakou, (£150K) mainly because i think he's got a cool name, no, he's the muts nuts in the middle with Livermore, thank god coz that's all the money gone now and i've pretty much run out of players i want to sell that anyone would want.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Just played my first league game, a 3-3 away draw with Peterboro. Ljungberg with an 89th min screamer on debut.
Other goals from Junior, a brazillian 35 year old left midfielder. Tommy Elphick got a 4.6, I think he may have been at fault for a few goals.
Signings -
Fowler - free
Lyungberg - 14k
Graham Alexander - 30k
Junior - free
St. Louis-Hamilton - loan
Merida - loan

Hopefully signing Billy Jones for 100k.
Tried selling Dean Cox to Reading for 150k but he rejected them.
Rejected numerous bids for Jake Robinson as they won't pay in a lump really.
Selling Whing for 100k to Barnsley.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Is it just me who hasnt bought Fowler?

And Feynoord after Michel.

Only made two signing; Fleetwood and Westlake, and currently sitting nicely joint first with Leeds as I approach Christmas time!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is anyone bothered about me doing a part 4? it's taking longer and longer to do, but I'll do it if people want to read it for ideas or whatever

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Still pre-season... *desparately* trying to improve my squad..

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm in a bit of financial trouble at the start of my second season, finished first season 9th, four points of the play-offs after a horrendus start to the season. Forster and Murray were absoloute rubbish for me, so had to bring in two new strikers.

In - 2008/09 season

Lee Hughes - £150k from Oldham
Michael Oakes (goalkeeper) - free
Jack Collison - loan from West Ham
Danny Welbeck - loan from Man United (parent club)
Bradley Johnson - £50k
Kevin Lisbie - free
Matt Richards - £50k
Shane Supple (goalkeeper) - £10k
Stuart Fleetwood
Ronnie Wallwork - free

Out - 2008/09 season

Jonny Dixon - released
Jake Robinson - £200k to Cardiff
Jack Compton, Gary Hart, Kerry Mayo & Scott Chamberlain - released
Steve Thomson - free to Bradford (handed in transfer request)
Dean Cox - £325k to Burnley
Michel Kuipers - £60k to Ipswich

In - 2009/10 season

Michael Mifsud - free from Coventry
Tom Moncur - free from Fulham
Kieran McKenna and Charlie Daniel - free from Tottenham
Vincent Pericard - free from Stoke
Alex McCarthy - goalkeeper - free

Out - 2009/10 season

Lee Hughes - £100k to Burnley
Adam Hinshelwood - £30k to Charlton
David Livermore - £250k to Sheff Wed
Adam Virgo - £50k to Barnsley
Kevin Thornton - £100k to Bristol City
Stuart Fleetwood - released
Dan Royce - released
Colin Hawkins - released
Doug Loft - released
Kevin McLeod - released
Ronnie Wallwork - released

Also sent lots of young players out on loan, and Gargan scored 11 goals in 21 games for Salisbury in the Conference

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm in a bit of financial trouble at the start of my second season, finished first season 9th, four points of the play-offs after a horrendus start to the season. Forster and Murray were absoloute rubbish for me, so had to bring in two new strikers.

In - 2008/09 season

Lee Hughes - £150k from Oldham
Michael Oakes (goalkeeper) - free
Jack Collison - loan from West Ham
Danny Welbeck - loan from Man United (parent club)
Bradley Johnson - £50k
Kevin Lisbie - free
Matt Richards - £50k
Shane Supple (goalkeeper) - £10k
Stuart Fleetwood
Ronnie Wallwork - free

Out - 2008/09 season

Jonny Dixon - released
Jake Robinson - £200k to Cardiff
Jack Compton, Gary Hart, Kerry Mayo & Scott Chamberlain - released
Steve Thomson - free to Bradford (handed in transfer request)
Dean Cox - £325k to Burnley
Michel Kuipers - £60k to Ipswich

In - 2009/10 season

Michael Mifsud - free from Coventry
Tom Moncur - free from Fulham
Kieran McKenna and Charlie Daniel - free from Tottenham
Vincent Pericard - free from Stoke
Alex McCarthy - goalkeeper - free

Out - 2009/10 season

Lee Hughes - £100k to Burnley
Adam Hinshelwood - £30k to Charlton
David Livermore - £250k to Sheff Wed
Adam Virgo - £50k to Barnsley
Kevin Thornton - £100k to Bristol City
Stuart Fleetwood - released
Dan Royce - released
Colin Hawkins - released
Doug Loft - released
Kevin McLeod - released
Ronnie Wallwork - released

Also sent lots of young players out on loan, and Gargan scored 11 goals in 21 games for Salisbury in the Conference

Have you found it hard to find players in the second season too? I am only finding players that weren't good enough for me last season!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Just played my first league game, a 3-3 away draw with Peterboro. Ljungberg with an 89th min screamer on debut.
Other goals from Junior, a brazillian 35 year old left midfielder. Tommy Elphick got a 4.6, I think he may have been at fault for a few goals.
Signings -
Fowler - free
Lyungberg - 14k
Graham Alexander - 30k
Junior - free
St. Louis-Hamilton - loan
Merida - loan

Hopefully signing Billy Jones for 100k.
Tried selling Dean Cox to Reading for 150k but he rejected them.
Rejected numerous bids for Jake Robinson as they won't pay in a lump really.
Selling Whing for 100k to Barnsley.

You've done well with Junior and Ljungberg - they've both been excellent signings for me.

I also flogged off Robinson but would be in trouble without Cox and Whing has been instrumental in my side having the best defensive record in league one.

Only problem I'm struggling with is keeping both Koki Mizuno AND Ljungberg in the side when they're both playing superbly.

Cox has been rather successful in his new central role since I had to retrain him so as to accommodate him but I fear both Junior and Ljungberg are far too old for that now.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Im joint top with Leeds.
Area final of JPT against Swindon.
Pompy round 3 of FA Cup.
Went out first round of League cup, to Barnet:lolol:

Only bought Fleetwood and Westlake.
Sold Hawkins, Hart and Mayo.
Loaned out some of the younger bunch, i.e Gargan, Wills, etc.

All in all not going to bad :thumbsup:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Have you found it hard to find players in the second season too? I am only finding players that weren't good enough for me last season!!

Yeah, nobody good really wants to join me :(

And I'm £8,000 over my wage budget, need to get rid of Lisbie (£3,000 a week - scored 9 goals in 15 :cry:) and a few others to balance the books before I can bring anyone else in

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Possebon on loan from Man Utd for the season. He is quality.

Top of the league with ten to go and undefeated at home. ALthough 6 points seperates me from about 12th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here