Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Grimble

I am slightly worried... your email on your profile is who_are_ya_j.c@hotmail.com ??

I don't know anyone on here, so I'm def nobody you know.

also, your profile says you're 16. im much older.

:laugh: Dont worry about it. I made it when I was about 10. It seemed cool at the time :(

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Half way through the season, 20th in the table :(

Signed Lee Hughes, bit incosistent - will go games without playing well
Signed Jack Collison on loan from West Ham, good player who adds something to the midfield
Also signed Freddy Sears & Joe Anyinsah on loan but these two were appauling so sent them back

Worst result was being battered 5-0 at Orient :yawn:

Although I am in the 4th round of the FA Cup after just beating the Pikeys at Priestfield

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shall I bother continuing my long, boring write ups?.. lol

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Shall I bother continuing my long, boring write ups?.. lol

yes please, they are inspirational (..said in an annoying awards acceptance speach type of way)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
yes please, they are inspirational (..said in an annoying awards acceptance speach type of way)

Okay, well part three to come soon! God I love days off work :thumbsup:
Approaching end of season...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Errm.....have any of you had problems with installing/running the game?

Got some money so just went onto Amazon to check the price (a very good £25 there) but the reviews are absolutely PACKED with people complaining the game is broken.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Got some money so just went onto Amazon to check the price (a very good £25 there) but the reviews are absolutely PACKED with people complaining the game is broken.

I didnt have any problems but it uses a new application to install the program which means you need to install again in the future, you dont need the CD. It slows the process down, but once it's done, it's fine. I guess people dont like the new process, but it works the same as Half Life and others.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

I didnt have any problems but it uses a new application to install the program which means you need to install again in the future, you dont need the CD. It slows the process down, but once it's done, it's fine. I guess people dont like the new process, but it works the same as Half Life and others.

If i were you i wouldnt bother using Steam. I installed, registered via Uniloc and then downloaded the patch from the USA mirror in all of about 15 minutes rather than 15 days.

there are some useful links on the FM Forums for checking your prudoct key but other than that I would buy the CD, keep the CD somewhere safe and install the traditional way.

Steam is really helpful if you change your PC a lot but that seems to be where a lot of the trouble stemmed from. Also the activation servers went down when 1/4 million people tried to register it in a day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm going to be on a Mac laptop anyway so some of this might not be applicable, but thanks.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I'm going to be on a Mac laptop anyway so some of this might not be applicable, but thanks.

If i remember correctly the problem wasnt platform specific as its down to the third party authentication system rather than soemthnig in the game. When you load it just choose to authenticate via Uniloc rather than Steam. Thats the bottom line.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I'd agree with that - don't bother with Steam. Buy the disc - install as normal, install the patch from the official site and register online.

Jobs a good 'un.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'm stuck in two minds wether to release Yankov, he has just passed his 43rd birthday:lolol:!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
TARIBO WEST - always used to be a freebie on CM 01/02.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
now you've al had some time with it, is the 3D Match Engine really worth the wait?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports