**Official** England v. Scotland match thread - ITV 8.00pm. 14/08/13

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Fair play to Palace mugging United off for Zaha. Dreadful once again.

Has been outstanding for United in preseason. Their fans are absolutely delighted that they got him so cheap. :nono:

If given time in the England set up he will be a star. One of the most naturally talented players to come through in recent years and he will tear the Premier League apart under Moyes in the next few years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The guy who said none of our players would get in the Spain squad, I reckon Wilshere would and Rooney would too.

Wilshere maybe, frankly I think Rooney's best days are behind him, plenty of promise at a young age and generally looks good against poor teams but goes missing against decent opposition. I know he is not match fit but I thought he was pretty average last night.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think I owe the 'England v Scotland' fixture half an apology. Ok it's not the same as testing yourself against a top side, but in friendlies the top sides do treat them as, well, 'friendlies'. Scotland obviously didn't and it was good practise for the forthcoming qualifiers which are also against teams that we 'should' beat but often don't.

And at the moment I'd start Lambert ahead of Rooney.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why play these minnows in friendlies? What's to be learnt?

Good point and at such a stupid time in the season. The Scottish FA really need to take a long look at themselves for choosing these opponents.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well what a rollicking good night that was. The atmosphere was electric and two sides going hammer and tongs to beat each other. The sheer pace of the game meant even as a spectator it was a sight to be hold, it was hard to draw breath.

Ok, so neither England nor Scotland are going to be competing for World Cups anytime soon but for entertainment in a so called pre-season friendly that was hard to beat.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has been outstanding for United in preseason. Their fans are absolutely delighted that they got him so cheap. :nono:

If given time in the England set up he will be a star. One of the most naturally talented players to come through in recent years and he will tear the Premier League apart under Moyes in the next few years.

Seaside, now he is no longer a Palace player, and could benefit England, I genuinnely hope the boy goes on to be an absolute world-beater. But last night, as against Sweden, and as in almost ( :down: )every single game I've ever seen him play, he flattered to deceive, and ultimately delivered nothing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good point and at such a stupid time in the season. The Scottish FA really need to take a long look at themselves for choosing these opponents.

Nice effort - but falls down due to the fact that England beat Scotland whilst in 1st gear.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice effort - but falls down due to the fact that England beat Scotland whilst in 1st gear.

Mellotron, it's Scotland. You and me could beat them wearing flippers. And where's your sense of humour gone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports