Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official** England v. Scotland match thread - ITV 8.00pm. 14/08/13

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven

To be fair you've got to be pleased for him after seeing what it means to him and he certainly took his goal well. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but is he really the man to lead the line at the next world cup? Not for me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yup, considering this as some sort of victory, going to Wembley and scoring 2 goals is a massive achievement for us.

I remember a few years ago it took a 97th minute winner to beat one of the San Marino-esque teams for goodness sake, things are improving for sure!

Taking it as some sort of victory? Do behave

You let in three and lost. That is what it will show in the record books!

Blimey talk about clutching at straws.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
What a heap of turd. They should play games like this behind closed doors to avoid the rest of the world realising just how lacking in technique British footballers are. England are bad enough, but Scotland basically play in the same style and a whole lot worse. If they were in the Football League they'd be down the bottom of the Championship at best. What an absolutely terrible display of football that was. Now let's pretend it never happened.

If you look at the Scottish league teams and where they would be in England, Celtic are the only team who would stand a chance of maybe just about surviving the drop in the premier league, the rest would be in league 1 and 2, maybe even BSP, scottish football is really poor except for Celtic, who are ridiculously average.

We had a Canadian league player up front who was then replaced by a League 1 player for goodness sake. I don't know how we scored 2 goals tonight really, if you were playing the Scotland team of 4 years ago it would have been 5 or 6-0, only in the last year have we improved just a tad.

These friendlies are all pointless at the end of the day, if that was a European qualifier England would have taken us to the cleaners, wouldn't have even been competitive .

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Two very poor sides. Cant believe English football is this bad. I thought we hit rock bottom 10 years ago but it just gets worse. Nobody on the park tonight would get in the Spanish side and that shows how far behind we are. Nobody, not one is even close to being good enough for Spain.

Agree but interested to see how many England players people think would get in the French team. Most of the last 10 years I think you'd be saying about 7 but now I'm not sure I could name any. Maybe Ashley Cole (twunt) but other than him? THAT says far more than how many would get into one of the very best teams ever to play together during a slump for us.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
We played well for once, that is a victory in my eyes.

No. No it's not.

A victory is scoring more GOAlS than the other team. I can PM you the rules if you'd like?

Roll on Scottish independence eh. That'll make you better at football...at least that's what the SNP will be claiming tomorrow.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
What worries me is soon qualifying for a Tournament will be as good as it gets for England in a few years.We just don't have the players Walker and Baines will struggle against class opposition,Wilshire will never be a World class player.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
No. No it's not.

A victory is scoring more GOAlS than the other team. I can PM you the rules if you'd like?

Roll on Scottish independence eh. That'll make you better at football...at least that's what the SNP will be claiming tomorrow.

It would be the worst thing ever getting Scottish Independence, we'd end up with about as much money as Somalia, not that I really care as I don't live there and only go once a year.

And I know the rules of football, I was taking the piss really, we played well and I'm happy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've just got back from the Wales V Ireland game. It wasn't a great game, but I quite liked Ashley Williams, old fashioned solid defender. Johnathan Walters was quite busy for Ireland as was Johnny Williams for Wales. Sparse crowd, about 10k I suppose, and obviously the Cardiff City Stadium isn't a patch on ours. Crofty got on for 5 minutes at the end, managed to miss control the only pass he got.

Did Greer get on for Scotland?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've just got back from the Wales V Ireland game. It wasn't a great game, but I quite liked Ashley Williams, old fashioned solid defender. Johnathan Walters was quite busy for Ireland as was Johnny Williams for Wales. Sparse crowd, about 10k I suppose, and obviously the Cardiff City Stadium isn't a patch on ours. Crofty got on for 5 minutes at the end, managed to miss control the only pass he got.

Did Greer get on for Scotland?

No Greer for Scotland. BRIGHTON born Russell Martin was preferred. Adam El-Abd played 90 minutes for Egypt amd scored. We think.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
The guy who said none of our players would get in the Spain squad, I reckon Wilshere would and Rooney would too.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Tyldsley claimed tonight a Teenage Shearer scored for England on his debut ,The same Shearer born in 1970 and made his debut in 1992 my Clive you are a cock.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got back from Wembley and my observations are this:

We need to play Scotland more regularly, great atmosphere in and out of the ground other than a few minor scuffles after Scotland scored their first and the Jocks in the "home" end couldn't contain themselves.

A competitor friendly is the only sort worth paying your money for. More enjoyable than watching a qualifier against some nobody Eastern European team.

Rooney appears to have lost interest, or just isn't fit.

Lambert looks good but only against a tired Scotland defence.

Attacking we look pretty good, defending is a worry, but Hart had nothing to do apart from the two he let in!

Zaha continues to fall over, continues to do step overs, continues to not have a good enough end product for this level.

And the highlight of the night. Seeing a kilted ginger Scotsman pissing against a road sign. Nice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No Greer for Scotland. BRIGHTON born Russell Martin was preferred. Adam El-Abd played 90 minutes for Egypt amd scored. We think.
Thanks Ninj.....Craig Davies came on, as did Sam Vokes (played their usual game!).....another player who did alright was Paddy Madden from Yeovil, I don't think they'll be able to keep hold of him for very long. He held his own against some seasoned internationals, and looked pretty sharp. I'd be pleased if we put in a cheeky bid to be honest.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Just got back from Wembley and my observations are this:

We need to play Scotland more regularly, great atmosphere in and out of the ground other than a few minor scuffles after Scotland scored their first and the Jocks in the "home" end couldn't contain themselves.

A competitor friendly is the only sort worth paying your money for. More enjoyable than watching a qualifier against some nobody Eastern European team.

Rooney appears to have lost interest, or just isn't fit.

Lambert looks good but only against a tired Scotland defence.

Attacking we look pretty good, defending is a worry, but Hart had nothing to do apart from the two he let in!

Zaha continues to fall over, continues to do step overs, continues to not have a good enough end product for this level.

And the highlight of the night. Seeing a kilted ginger Scotsman pissing against a road sign. Nice.

Zaha was poor wasn't he?

I've also never seen so many pissed blokes in skirts trying to start a fight...absolutely hilarious

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Oh and Oxlade-Chamberlain...what a player...wow! First time I've seen him play in the flesh and his strength and off the ball movement was world class.

If I were Woy, I'd get rid of Gerrard and Lampard now and bring through the Ox and Wilshere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here