**Official** England v. Scotland match thread - ITV 8.00pm. 14/08/13

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Great header yes but if you think he's the answer you're deluded I'm afraid.

Did I say that? No I fukkin didn't. You slated him and then he puts an average England side in the lead. Can you eat your words, no you can't.

Would you want him playing for the Albion? Go on, answer that?

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Did I say that? No I fukkin didn't. You slated him and then he puts an average England side in the lead. Can you eat your words, no you can't.

Would you want him playing for the Albion? Go on, answer that?
No need to "eat my words" mate, one swallow doesn't make a summer......and yes, I'd love him at the Albion but we are in championship so I'm struggling to see your point there.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Quite right, all these berks who are slating him because he plays for Saints would wet their y-fronts if he signed for the Albion.

As an Englishman who ever puts on an England shirt gets my support.

Well done lambert to be fair earned your call up due to the goals you scored last season & scored with your first touch well done.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like Lambert. Or at least, he's no worse than any of our other strikers.

Scotland sub. Luckily it isn't Greer. I don't think I could bare all the Palace twitter mongs if Greer was made to look a complete arse in the process of Zaha scoring.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Might be right.

It was against an Andorra type opposition.

It was exactly like and Andorra type...

From Wiki:
"On 28 March 2007, Nugent made his debut as a late substitute for England in a Euro 2008 qualifying match against Andorra in Barcelona and marked the occasion with a 93rd-minute goal after a Jermain Defoe shot. Nugent, in his post-match press interview, expressed genuine satisfaction over having accomplished a "1 Goal/1 Cap" national team record; Nugent is one of just three players to have exactly one substitute appearance and one goal for England, the others being Paul Goddard and Francis Jeffers.[14] Since then, Nugent has failed to secure another outing with England."

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It was the best goal ever, I'm 100% sure of that. Morrison's goal earlier is the second best goal ever.

Tbf, you were the ones who were 2-1 down against a team playing a 33 year old lone striker who has been playing in Canada for the last year... :thumbsup:

I haven't seen us play this well since we famously beat the French at the Stade de France a few years back.

Usually after 59 minutes we're 2-0 down against someone like Latvia.

Enjoy your moment of glory then:)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
****ing Zaha. Step over, step over,dive, run to the corner send the cross too deep and repeat.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I suppose we ought to get ready for theScottish pitch invasion and broken crossbar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports