Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Emirates FA Cup vlog of Albion v Grimsby

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That kid's vlogs are quite fun. He did a Palace game at the Amex, and the Severnside derby among.others. All quite good to watch.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just about to post this, he’s certainly come up in the world!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wonder how he got the ‘official’ gig -
Lucky chap. Seems a nice guy tbf.

Clearly been told it’s the EMIRATES FA Cup as part of the rules eh!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Two Sunday QFs a lesson in contrasts - one QF, a heartwarming reminder of what FA Cup football is all about and another QF that brings the game itself into disrepute.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched that earlier, he does a very good job. Nice lad, good interviewing technique, looks like he does a bit of research. He captured the day extremely well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
His most recent video watching a non league game in Sweden is hilarious. I like Ellis and some of his less glamourous videos are excellent.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Grumpy old man alert ...

Well I'm gonna moan. It's the FA Cup, not the Emirates FA Cup which is what he kept referring to it as. Makes it sound like the Rumbelows Trophy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If I was spending north of £10m a year sponsoring a cup I’d want my company name all over anything to do with it :shrug:
Yes, yes I know. This is the modern world and sponsorship of shirts, stadia and tournaments is all an essential part of it. Get with the programme Grandad.

But when the FA first announced that they'd sold their souls to the devil, sorry, announced that the FA Cup was to be sponsored, they specifically said that it would NOT be renamed to include a sponsor's name. The sponsor would be 'associated' with the tournament but it would still be known simply as the 'FA Cup', as that was such an iconic name in world football that it simply couldn't be changed. (And even FIFA haven't (yet) bowed to sponsorship and given us something like the 'Budweiser FIFA World Cup'. ) And of course the FA went back on that. And as you say they now make a real thing of including the sponsors name so they get their money's worth. Emirates. Emirates. Emirates.

And 10 million was WAY to cheap. Faust got a better deal.

EDIT: I DID say it was a 'grumpy old man' alert! :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here