Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official cricket score Bayern versus Man U thread ****

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't believe anyone would want Bayern to win over a British side surely? Have a good feeling United are going to surprise a few tomorrow evening. ...

Crodo is spot on again. Utd were teriffic and didn't let anyone down. I think most of us would have taken thay result at 7:45.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rooney gets a very high score for his Zaha

Lovely to see Wayne smiling after that "Challenge " from Shwienstieger.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think United are actually in with a shout given the intensity now switces to Bayern in the 2nd keg.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Crodo is spot on again. Utd were teriffic and didn't let anyone down. I think most of us would have taken thay result at 7:45.

They let me down as I wanted them thrashed.

They should have had a player sent off and Rooney cheated and got the German sent off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
United might rue that Welbeck chance, they actually had the better clear cut chances of the night. HILARIOUS marking for the Vidic goal.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just putting some context to your extremely partisan comments.

I'm unclear as to where you think my partisanship (if that really constitutes a problem) lies. Is it:
-- that I've supported United since I was six
-- that I've got a problem with the ownership of Chelsea and City
-- that I support more than one team
-- that I take my seven-year-old to see B&HA
-- that I've got a problem with half of B&HA fans leaving when the opposition score a second goal
-- some other explanation

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Funny to see Pep complaining about Rooney diving when his Barca team were one of the worst bunch of divers I've ever seen.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not really. I thought Bayern would run riot tonight. They didn't, because for the very first time Moyes actually got his tactics right in a big game. United knew they couldn't play an open and expansive game so they got men behind the ball and made it hard for Bayern to create chances within 15 yards of goal. They were also very good at getting men forward quickly on the rare occasions they had a chance to break. Having watched them against Liverpool and Man City I couldn't see such a disciplined performance coming, but credit to them, they played about as well as they could with their resources bearing in mind the strength of the opposition. At least they have a chance next week, although it's hard to see them getting through.

I think they've got an outstanding chance next week. The first half hour last night were pretty chastening, they gave Bayern too much respect and looked really low on confidence in possession but once they realised they could compete with Bayern they began to take the game to them and created the better chances. In 90 minutes Bayern hardly had a chance of note but for the goal for all thier possession. United will go there and sit deep with men behind the ball and break quickly, I can certainly see them scoring at least one goal and they will be buoyed by English sides fantastic record in the Allianz Arena plus Guardiolas seeming struggles against obdurate English defences (take Chelsea against Barca).

I actually think they can go on and win it, they can concentrate all their efforts on this competition and I see a lot of parallells between this season and when both Chelsea and Liverpool won the Champions League when they missed out by league position. They're 33/1 which is a ridiculous price in my book.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not really. I thought Bayern would run riot tonight. They didn't, because for the very first time Moyes actually got his tactics right in a big game. United knew they couldn't play an open and expansive game so they got men behind the ball and made it hard for Bayern to create chances within 15 yards of goal. They were also very good at getting men forward quickly on the rare occasions they had a chance to break. Having watched them against Liverpool and Man City I couldn't see such a disciplined performance coming, but credit to them, they played about as well as they could with their resources bearing in mind the strength of the opposition. At least they have a chance next week, although it's hard to see them getting through.

They sacrificed possession in order to keep in the game and hope to nick something, which they did. The people who say United played amazingly well should remember it is over 2 legs and at home United managed a measly 26% of possession, despite this performance, thanks to the away goal Bayern are through unless United score in Germany. They were lucky last night and need to be even luckier next time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think they've got an outstanding chance next week. The first half hour last night were pretty chastening, they gave Bayern too much respect and looked really low on confidence in possession but once they realised they could compete with Bayern they began to take the game to them and created the better chances. In 90 minutes Bayern hardly had a chance of note but for the goal for all thier possession. United will go there and sit deep with men behind the ball and break quickly, I can certainly see them scoring at least one goal and they will be buoyed by English sides fantastic record in the Allianz Arena plus Guardiolas seeming struggles against obdurate English defences (take Chelsea against Barca).

I actually think they can go on and win it, they can concentrate all their efforts on this competition and I see a lot of parallells between this season and when both Chelsea and Liverpool won the Champions League when they missed out by league position. They're 33/1 which is a ridiculous price in my book.

33/1 is long, but I wouldn't be too optimistic. They were battered last night. Robben and Ribery are frightening, and Kroos' touch was sublime. I really don't think that they'll be able to hold R&R at bay for a second time, they are both pretty clinical at shooting from the edge of the box and, however good De Gea is (and I'm still of the view that he looks like the best goalie in the world at present), chances are that at least one will find its way into the net.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
United have to score in Munich and that will open them up. I can only see one outcome.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phew

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
For about 22 seconds there, United had a chance....then up through the gears from Bayern, bang, bang, bang....game and tie over.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
For about 22 seconds there, United had a chance....then up through the gears from Bayern, bang, bang, bang....game and tie over.

Thing is with tiki taka if the opposition try and match you, they will get stung...play defensive and counter...tiki taka struggles in the final third

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thing is with tiki taka if the opposition try and match you, they will get stung...play defensive and counter...tiki taka struggles in the final third

Struggles so much that sides using it have featured in the last 5 Champions League finals, winning 3 of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here