Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Charlton Athletic V Brighton and Hove Albion Thread***

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just got in and I want to say right now, that was an absolutely magnificent performance. To play, and win, like that in front of such a turnout of support, was a rare treat. Best performance of the season by an absolute mile, the only worry will be trying to avoid getting carried away now. Bloody well played, lads.

To know how good we were, all you had to do was watch the Charlton supporters in the corner by the tunnel, as the team went off at the end. Those who had stayed behind applauded our lads off the pitch. Credit to them, they knew what they'd just seen, and that was a side that looked like a team from a higher division this afternoon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just got back, great game, amazing atmosphere and scoring 3 in front of our own fans is brilliant!!

Some very funny comments on this thread about the team too.... was a delight to watch, Elphick is going to have a problem getting back in the team. Murray was on top of his game despite them trying to not let him play. Defence looked solid at the back with passing game.

So many Charlton fans congratulated us, they thought they played well, but we just oozed quality and one of the best teams they have seen at the Valley in a few seasons now. Great times to be a Brighton fan

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Quote from CharltonLife:

valleyman
CommentTime 2 hours ago
# 18

I have to admit that today was not the best game I have been to in the last 34 years. However maybe I have to start to become realistic - can we really expect to compete with teams of the size and quality of Brighton? Am I asking too much of our players to really put in an effort 90-180 mins a week? Am I right to feel our manager should not get out thought every single game?

I'm off to get a beer.

steve-c

just back home, what a day, the grandaughters first game, she is only 7 , was fun on the train home, in a carraige on the way back to kent with charlton fans, all she kept doing was sing sussex by the sea, it was a pleasure to see the smile and happiness on her face, what a performance all round, well done to all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here