Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official: Brighton V Forest Thread

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
andima said:
have just heard on the fans phone in leon throw his black armband on the floor in frustration. is this true? can anyone shed anymore light on it
that sounds true - he did it on new years day @ QPR aswell (the tsuami one) :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Theatre of Trees said:
Agree with that, their back three was very shaky and cried out for someone to rough them up a bit.
No no McCammon added nothing to our team don't be so stupid :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Missed McCammon badly today

I'd go along with that as well, we rarely threatened them today we far to tentative.

As for the referee - homer big time :angry: :angry: :angry:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
andima said:
saw the one at qpr and the club should punish him its a complete disrespect for a team mate:

And Kuipers and Oatway as well presumably? Or is this something only Leon should take the blame for? Nothing wrong with it anyway, people are perfectly capable of showing their respects in a number of ways.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
We should have scored at least two in the first 20 mins.

After that we gradually lost our way.

Nicolas or Jones should have come on after 60 mins.

After FDM went off I was praying to hold on.

The only decent players they had were the keeper, No. 7 & No. 11.

0-0 - Fair result.

As for us only having 39% of possession - thats bollocks

Alfie Noakes

Dec 5, 2004
Hove dear
How many mistakes can we make in one game and go unpunished ?

It's a testament to Forest's current predicament that we made so many relatively unforced errors and they couldn't score.

Wicked start by the boys but seemed to get muscled out of midfield as the game went on and incresingly shaky at the back (Butters excepted, he was a titan esp' towards then end).

Reid and King in particular seemed to take us apart at will.

Missed Virgo and having two nippy shorties up front relies on pinpoint passing from midfield;lol.

Brings us down to earth after recent performances and we are one point safer and one game closer to survival so I shouldn't moan but for f***s sake lets at least get basic passing sorted.

And for f***s sake lets all take a risk and sing something to give them a bit of support. We can make a difference even in the rain.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Today's game was exactly what I expected it to be, a relegation battle.

The Albion were good in the first half. Shame Leon doesn't vary his penalties a bit really.

Second half was dire, fortunately Forest seem to have forgotten what scoring is about.

Missed Virgo today, and I think that that, and the reasons surrounding his absence, contributed a lot to the poor performance. It is positive that we kept a clean sheet though, and boads well for the rest of the season.

Alfie Noakes said:
How many mistakes can we make in one game and go unpunished ?

It's a testament to Forest's current predicament that we made so many relatively unforced errors and they couldn't score.

Wicked start by the boys but seemed to get muscled out of midfield as the game went on and incresingly shaky at the back (Butters excepted, he was a titan esp' towards then end).

Reid and King in particular seemed to take us apart at will.

Missed Virgo and having two nippy shorties up front relies on pinpoint passing from midfield;lol.

Brings us down to earth after recent performances and we are one point safer and one game closer to survival so I shouldn't moan but for f***s sake lets at least get basic passing sorted.

And for f***s sake lets all take a risk and sing something to give them a bit of support. We can make a difference even in the rain.

Yep, spot on.

But I guess we all knew a below-par performance was coming sooner or later. Thank heavens we still were just about good enough to hang on for a point, a loss would have been very bad news.

I thought we shaded the first-half, although Forest had their moments. Terrific free kick from Chippy. Penalty miss gutting, because Forest would have struggled to come back from that. Tough one for McGhee whether he sticks with Leon now or tries someone like Chippy with these spot kicks.

Leon still had the class straight away to create our best chance of the game for Mayo, but he blew his shot.

Bit of comedy when both Leon and OGH sprung the offside trap, and they both left it to each other and then got in each other's way. Poor shot then from Leon.

People have complained that they don't feel Leon plays well in tandem with a targetman, can't see any clinching evidence that the Leon-OGH partnership up front is the definitive solution either.

The Forest defence has been their weakness all season and we needed to put them under more pressure than we did.

The second half gradually got worse and worse for us as Forest also had a few good chances and edged the important midfield battles. McGhee was probably right to stick with the guys battling out a point rather than gambling and going for 3 and ending up with a QPR-like result.

We missed the presence of Virgs but also the options that a targetman would give us to mix the game up a bit.

McGhee I'm sure is looking desperately for the right loan signing up front because there is a danger of more inert displays like this unless we can put more physical pressure on opponents. A loan signing will probably be key to maintaining our momentum and giving ourselves a comfortable survival run.

We'll see the tests on Kuipers before hyperventilating about that.

Eight points clear of the relegation zone is certainly the most we've had this season, so we're still sitting pretty, but we've got some hard games in the next month, so if we're still eight ahead in a month's time, that'll be pretty amazing.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
cannot be arsed to troll through the endless self obsessed drivel that some slagboats post on here

Scarby, 10:22pm, 22/1/2005.

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
The Laughing Bluebird said:
cannot be arsed to troll through the endless self obsessed drivel that some slagboats post on here

Scarby, 10:22pm, 22/1/2005.

Nice one taff - copy someone else's post.

Didn't think support was that bad today - but we all know some Albion fans love to moan at Withdean. :rolleyes:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
London Irish said:
Penalty miss gutting, because Forest would have struggled to come back from that. Tough one for McGhee whether he sticks with Leon now or tries someone like Chippy with these spot kicks.

Doesn't Leon always stick it to the 'keeper's left?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brightonfan1983 said:
Doesn't Leon always stick it to the 'keeper's left?

No, the one he scored at the Millenium went to the right

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
London Irish said:

People have complained that they don't feel Leon plays well in tandem with a targetman, can't see any clinching evidence that the Leon-OGH partnership up front is the definitive solution either.
I don't think it's down to the partner, it's down to the service from midfield. Sometimes the quality is there, sometimes it isn't. Today was one of those days when there was no creativity from the Oatway/Carpenter/Harding trio. Any partnership would struggle under those circumstances.

A lot of the time that's not the midfield's fault; we are just going to often come up against a midfield that is better than ours.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
m20gull said:
I don't think it's down to the partner, it's down to the service from midfield. Sometimes the quality is there, sometimes it isn't. Today was one of those days when there was no creativity from the Oatway/Carpenter/Harding trio. Any partnership would struggle under those circumstances.

A lot of the time that's not the midfield's fault; we are just going to often come up against a midfield that is better than ours.

I felt that Megson had done his homework and got Forest to stifle our midfield.

At Spurs and Sheff Utd we were passing well, yesterday afternoon we didn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here