Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Brighton and Hove Albion YouTube channel

bubbaseagull

Nov 28, 2012
Hove
But what are full match highlights anyway - you either get highlights or the full match.

So are you saying this youtube site is run by the club ??? just because somebody has used the word "Official"
it is run by the club, and what i mean by FUll match highlights is every highlight from the match...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
yes, we have signed A contract with BBC to do are commentary for every match until 2015, im not sure which BBC radio but i think it may be BBC 5 Live.

BBC have always done commentary of all our matches. It's just that if you live outside the region you can only get them on Seagulls Player. Has this changed?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
bad as it has been in the past (better last season) I will stick with player thanks it will be live commentary and highlights and now is good quality,interviews, and at 10p per day not bad value

bubbaseagull

Nov 28, 2012
Hove
BBC have always done commentary of all our matches. It's just that if you live outside the region you can only get them on Seagulls Player. Has this changed?

I wasnt aware, i was assuming that there was another radio station providing the commentary

D

Deleted member 22389

I would have thought they provided commentary for everyone.

Inside Sussex
If you are in Sussex you can listen to matches Live on BBC Sussex through the Radio (FREE)
You can also listen to the match through Seagulls Player which is subscription only
You can still listen to BBC Sussex through iPlayer, but you will get an alternative match, i.e Aldershot

Outside Sussex
If you are outside of Sussex then you will be out of reception for BBC Sussex
You can listen to the match through Seagulls Player which is subscription only
You can still listen to BBC Sussex through iPlayer, but you will get an alternative match, i.e Aldershot

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Inside Sussex
If you are in Sussex you can listen to matches Live on BBC Sussex through the Radio (FREE)
You can also listen to the match through Seagulls Player which is subscription only

Outside Sussex

I know its not BBC Radio's call, but we all pay the same License fee. Looks like the clubs are prepared to sacrifice fans from outside their immediate area for a bit of extra cash!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Inside Sussex

Outside Sussex

Why on earth does BBC Sussex have commentary on Aldershot on iPlayer, when there are two Football League clubs in the county?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I know its not BBC Radio's call, but we all pay the same License fee. Looks like the clubs are prepared to sacrifice fans from outside their immediate area for a bit of extra cash!

Theres a bit of a contradiction in your post. If you are a fan and want to listen then you pay for Seagulls Player you do not stop being a fan.

Did you really expect your licence fee to cover everything incuding Sky Sport?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sky Sports?! Absurd comparison!

I merely expect the license fee to cover what someone 10 miles from me in Sussex gets for the same fee as I pay, particularly when at all other times of the week I can listen to that station online!

I appreciate its not BBC's fault though as they are not the License holder, but does seem unjust on those of us who live outside Sussex being forced to pay to listen when already to get to matches it takes more time/money.

And what's loyalty got to do with it? Irrelevant but if you insist, mine stands up in longevity/matches attended home and away to more than most!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Sky Sports?! Absurd comparison! Well you would say that wouldn't you

I merely expect the license fee to cover what someone 10 miles from me in Sussex gets for the same fee as I pay, particularly when at all other times of the week I can listen to that station online!

I appreciate its not BBC's fault though as they are not the License holder, but does seem unjust on those of us who live outside Sussex being forced to pay to listen when already to get to matches it takes more time/money.

And what's loyalty got to do with it? Irrelevant but if you insist, mine stands up in longevity/matches attended home and away to more than most! But not worth 10p a day

How many fans do you think have been sacrificed?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
BBC Sussex, but only if you listen through a radio. If you listen online you'll get their coverage of Crawley/Aldershot

You won't get Crawley matches online, they are a FL Club now. The Football League has a license with the BBC which prohibits commentary for Football League games being broadcast online.

Its a Football League license, that the BBC pay for, the BBC has no say over what FL commentary is broadcast where, it is all down to the Football League.

Sky Sports?! Absurd comparison!

And what's loyalty got to do with it? Irrelevant but if you insist, mine stands up in longevity/matches attended home and away to more than most!

Again, this has nothing to do with the BBC, it is the Football League with whom you should have the beef.

Charles Runcie, Head of Sport for BBC English Regions, explains. "The reason we cannot put our local radio football commentaries on BBC sites is that the copyright for them is owned by the sports rights holder, the Football League. They effectively 'license' us to do radio commentaries, for which we pay annual fees direct to the clubs. The clubs themselves own the rights to put their audio commentaries of their matches on the internet, not the BBC."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here