Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official*** Brighton and Hove Albion Website.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Could get access to old site earlier today - but couldn't navigate away from home page ...

Now my browser - Firefox - just can't progress at all. It's looking at the link OK, but waiting .................. waiting, for a response

Anybody have any idea who at BHA was responsible for the decision to changeover to the new design?

Plenty of feedback - largely negative - on this forum, and on other clubs' forums, since first adopters changed over in July, but perhaps contract was already signed.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anybody have any idea who at BHA was responsible for the decision to changeover to the new design?

I don't know, but the official club twitter account originally announced the changeover was due to take place at the end of August. Don't know what caused the delay. Club trying to put it off for as long as possible?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I've taken a look at the new website - it looks just like the old one !

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Gave it the benefit of the doubt yesterday and its not quite as bad as I thought it would be but its still bloody horrible and too busy with far too much going on. When I read a magazine or look at a website I expect my eyes to be drawn naturally to a point on the page and to be able to scan it naturally, that page design is just a train wreck of web design with no real focus or natural place for your eyes to settle on. Boxes bloody everywhere its like a full page of pot luck. I just wish we were not contracted into this crappy football league website deal as I feel a bespoke Albion website would be far more original and unique and would also allow us to further build our own identity as a club.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
To use a technical expression, it seems to be quite buggered at the moment; - pages can't be found etc.
I guess someone needs to turn it off and turn it on again.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Have now been able to access.

Just as bad as the other club websites, that made the change earlier, that I've seen.

Difficult to imagine what was in the eye of the designers. Breaks most of the rules of good website design.

Screen just shouts at you - very tiring to view for more than a few minutes. Same old badly organised information and menu structure.

Quite likely made a gee-whiz impression on senior management in a preview presentation, with ptv staff talking it up.

It's an Emperor's New Clothes situation - who will crack first and say what they really think!

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
After my initial first view I thought it was hideous, just way too busy. I've just refreshed and now it won't load at all. Looks like something out of a primary school design class.

If it ever loads again I'll have a longer look to try to make myself like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here