***Official*** Brighton and Hove Albion Website.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can see it fine on Chrome. It's alright. It's exactly the same as Palace's though ???

To be fair, the previous website templates were exactly the same as every other team in the FL, including Palace, and many of the sides in the Conference. Now there are three/four new/shit templates to choose from, so probably only about 25/30 teams with the seem as us.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Can't see it at all. Tried loading it in on Chrome as well as Internet explorer and I'm not getting anything.

Is it me being silly? Or has the whole bloody thing just crashed?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Cleared my cache but it hasn't updated.

Opened it in the new Firefox Aurora but it still hasn't updated.

Also, and this has been the case for as long as I can remember, WHY have they still not sorted out the incredibly simple www. or no www. problem? If I type in seagulls.co.uk I am told there is no such site, which is f***ing STUPID.

REL=CANONICAL

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Going through my bookmark link seemed to be random.

Those not getting the new site yet, try this link to the fixtures page

Brighton and Hove Albion | System | Error Page | Error

It's a different url to the one for old fixture list.

Error

The page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved. If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your bookmarks.

:(

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Got the old site back now. Time to bombard ‏@OfficialBHAFC and [MENTION=22229]Football[/MENTION]_league to tell them to stop this nonsense. The old site was messy enough, but at least it made some sort of sense, the new one is garbage.

What makes you think doing this will make a blind bit of difference to the corporate sharks who decide these things (Not our club BTW they just part of a whole website thing with other league clubs)?

Yours is to be exploited not consulted.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Error

The page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved. If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your bookmarks.

:(

Weird. It works for me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
What makes you think doing this will make a blind bit of difference to the corporate sharks who decide these things (Not our club BTW they just part of a whole website thing with other league clubs)?

Yours is to be exploited not consulted.

Football League should at least be made aware of what people think of the new sites. It will be no good to them of people stay away, they do if for the revenue it creates, if that goes down, they must make changes.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Still getting old site. Had brainwave. Turned Wi-Fi off on phone and used mobile network to access it!

Still got old site.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Wow it really is horrible and was obviously designed by someone with absolutely no clue about UX design! There are so many boxes everywhere, you don't know where to look first.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Hold on a minute.

In the 21st century you'd expect any new mass-market product - and certainly a communication tool serving around 70 Football League clubs and their half a million 'customers' – to be thoroughly tested with market research and focus groups before being let loose on the market.

I wonder just how many 'customers' here were consulted at the design stage? And to think that some Football League apparatchik must actually have signed off this appalling excuse for a children's design project as 'fit for purpose'. How did that happen?

Ho hum, nothing to see here. Apart from the same kind of inspired 'we know best' thinking that, regardless of fans' opinions and preferences, continues to spew out such crass abominations as goal music.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Wow it really is horrible and was obviously designed by someone with absolutely no clue about UX design! There are so many boxes everywhere, you don't know where to look first.

Trouble is, it probably was designed by someone who is perceived to have a clue about UX design. I guess all those people involved were on board with the idea, but didn't ask real people if they felt the same.

Hold on a minute.

In the 21st century you'd expect any new mass-market product - and certainly a communication tool serving around 70 Football League clubs and their half a million 'customers' – to be thoroughly tested with market research and focus groups before being let loose on the market.

I wonder just how many 'customers' here were consulted at the design stage? And to think that some Football League apparatchik must actually have signed off this appalling excuse for a children's design project as 'fit for purpose'. How did that happen?

Ho hum, nothing to see here. Apart from the same kind of inspired 'we know best' thinking that, regardless of fans' opinions and preferences, continues to spew out such crass abominations as goal music.

Exactly, it makes no sense not to garner opinion from those who are going to use it. With my own websites, my designer regularly puts in things I don't like or understand, or find awkward. I tell him to change it and explain why us mere humans wouldn't want it the way he's done it and we get there. At the moment he has put a list (alphabetical) in 3 columns runnng left to right, then down a line, then left to right again and so on. I've told him to make the columns read alphabetically top to bottom, he disputed it, I told him it reads wrong, and eventually he admitted it was going to take a little more work to do what us humans would want, and now he is changing it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports