Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*****Offical England vs Slovenia match thread*****

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Is Romney Marsh still playing?

It's actually the Republican politician Mitt Romney. After losing to Obama in the elections he thought he'd turn his attention to attacking foreigners in a different way.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I notice that no ruffles Rooney's hair when he scores a goal - why is this?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Piss taking aside they put in an okay performance and at least we are winning. I can recall plenty of times when even the minnows presented obstacles

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My television died about 15 minutes into the first half and, full of dread, I tuned into 5live. Now don't get me wrong, I love 5live, but you always know what you're going to get with England - a wall of negativity from Mills, Waddle and Green. I have a feeling that roy Hodgson is sleeping with Danny Mills' wife as I don't think he has said a single positive thing about England in the past two years and Waddle is always rolled out to be dour on these occaisions. I'm sure he's bitter about his time in an England shirt but give it a rest man. This England side are poor. Everyone knows that so why not show a little bit of perspective and realism rather than drive us all to suicide. I lasted 20 minutes. I'd rather miss the game than hear their incessant negativity. I wonder how many others felt so blue that they switched off.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My television died about 15 minutes into the first half and, full of dread, I tuned into 5live. Now don't get me wrong, I love 5live, but you always know what you're going to get with England - a wall of negativity from Mills, Waddle and Green. I have a feeling that roy Hodgson is sleeping with Danny Mills' wife as I don't think he has said a single positive thing about England in the past two years and Waddle is always rolled out to be dour on these occaisions. I'm sure he's bitter about his time in an England shirt but give it a rest man. This England side are poor. Everyone knows that so why not show a little bit of perspective and realism rather than drive us all to suicide. I lasted 20 minutes. I'd rather miss the game than hear their incessant negativity. I wonder how many others felt so blue that they switched off.

I'd rather have Mills & Waddle than Alan Green - the most self-involved, pompous prick known to media. Hate the man.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the way back from the game and very pleased with the performance.

Team has a nice young feel to it and the players actually seem to want to win. All refreshing for me. We are a long way from being world beaters but at least we look like we give a shit now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I didn't even tune in for it at all. Green is just about manageable but you are right about Waddle. Mind you my personal hate is John Murray, who hits a very annoying loud nasal whine whenever a goal goes in. Bryan Butler never needed to make a racket like that, he just commentated. Trouble is these days that everything has to be polarised between brilliant or diabolical, the hype machine is too big to stop now and the commentators scream like their Brazilian counterparts even for a tap in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Rooney he changed the game for us. Thank God we have him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here