Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Offical end of summer, Sussex CCC v Worcestershire CC, Hove 23-26 Sep, 10.30 KO, CC***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No Salt then? That shakey top order looks even worse without him.

How can the official end of summer be three months after Midsummer's Day? The Meteorological Office states summer in the UK is June, July and August. In my experience, there have been several years when 1st September has seen a marked drop in temperatures from the previous day, so I think the Met must be correct.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can the official end of summer be three months after Midsummer's Day? The Meteorological Office states summer in the UK is June, July and August. In my experience, there have been several years when 1st September has seen a marked drop in temperatures from the previous day, so I think the Met must be correct.

Because 3 months after the Longest day, you have the Vernal Equinox, you can't really call it Summer when the night is longer than the day ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good championship cricket with Brown and Clark occupying the crease. Don’t worry about the lack of runs, they will come and the Worcs bowlers will tire and we will then smash the ball around. You wait.

Oh

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We should be in negotiations for a good coach too.

Disagree, Dizzy is one of the worlds best coaches and fits our club perfectly, we need to develop young players and attract seasoned professionals to help them.

Dizzy is in for the long hall, I am sure he was given three years to get us a team to challenge so lets see what team we start with next year.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Shame that after all this time, the weather over four days will decide the season !

Yes if only the ECB would let them play 4 day cricket in the summer months.

At close Sussex are 299 for 8

Lets hope they get another 1-2 bonus points and get their shirt sleeves rolled for a final bowl of the season tomorrow.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Signed Travis Head for next season.

That's right,

we've signed a batsman!!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
have we finally got around to replacing Murray Goodwin?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here