Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Officail John Sullivan Appreciation Thread

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
We should of just created one thread for all "appreciation" because this is getting silly now

But anyway, Thanks sully

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Quite right - a great keeper who was A1 from day one, as stupid people (like me) say. No reason whatsoever in any performance of his that I saw for him not to be kept on - he was just one of a number of players who did well in a dreadful team with a clueless manager. I think he's destined for greater things. Like Scunthorpe or summat.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
although its sad people lose their jobs. Lets not forget some of these players where on a good weekly wage. More than some earn in a month. Lets hope they have saved and spuncked it all.

Good luck Sullivan, from what i have heard you where promising, im sure someone will sign you up. But, in Slade we trust.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was superb away to Leicester. He should get his agent to give them a call, see if they need a back up keeper...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
still think he has good future prospects....just bad timing as both he and Kuipers are about on a par in ability terms but the latter has time on his contract (and greater experience).

Expect Kuipers to be reserve keeper next year and Sullivan likewise in L2 or BSCP. Good luck to him.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
much better then mk,he was an asset to club sorry to see him go

No way was he much better than MK. I thought that, in time, he might turn out to better and of good League One class.

Only time will tell. If you are right then he should go to a club at least on a par with us.

Good luck Sully.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Gutted he's going, really hope he gets a league club rather than having to settle for local conference as he's way too good for that. I have no doubt he would have overtaken Kuipers in the next year or so as number one, gutted. Good luck Sully!

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
although its sad people lose their jobs. Lets not forget some of these players where on a good weekly wage. More than some earn in a month. Lets hope they have saved and spuncked it all.

Good luck Sullivan, from what i have heard you where promising, im sure someone will sign you up. But, in Slade we trust.

You dont know what john was being paid then.

Hope he finds a club that pays him properly

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
A real shame he's been released. I thought he was brilliant throughout periods this season. In my opinion its an absolute for the club to release him after investing so much time and money. Out of all those released this is the most shocking to me.

He also seems like a decent bloke, I met him a month or two ago in Barneys Worthing and was really friendly.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I really thought we had found the natural successor to Michel at just the right time. As one sun sets, the other was rising. I think John will have a big future in the game and it's a shame it won't be with us.

It makes me really excited about who Slade has lined up for next season, though. Our new 'keeper must be absolute mustard and currently at his peak!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I was shocked with this decision. I was really surprised about Fraser but this is more surprising.

He did well when called upon and is still very young, He will go onto better things than us I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here