Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Offensive TV Ad

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Classic Crodo :fishing:

Crown have achieved their purpose. People are talking about it. That's what adverts are for, whether annoying, irritating or funny.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Classic Crodo :fishing:

Crown have achieved their purpose. People are talking about it. That's what adverts are for, whether annoying, irritating or funny.

Indeed. Jenny Eclair may have achieved more views of the advert than the advertisers would have done without her complaint.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought the ad was very catchy but just thought someone would be offended when 1st saw it.
God knows what they would do if Humphrey was about again

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm not offended by the advert, but just found it cringeworthy, and over-engineered. The whole thing - the song, the colour palette, was plastic.

Why can't adverts be like the old days?

'It does what it says on the f*ckin' tin, yer ******* !'

Edit: Crown paints are **** anyway. Dulux is miles better.

If Dave had worn a Dulux, then there probably wouldn’t be a baby on the way.
Er, have I got it wrong somewhere?😊😳

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A white, heterosexual couple on TV? What is this? The 1980’s?!

I didn’t vote remain for this backwards view of the world to be allowed on telly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Pretty rubbish advert but hey we're all talking about it

Definitely nothing offensive though, christ what a world we live in sometimes

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s possibly offensive to Hannah but as we don’t know the context we can’t tell. Also, she is a fictional character so I’m sure she’ll cope. Jenny Eclair seems to have made a bit of a leap with her assumption the couple only got married because of the baby although this is all a bit rich coming from her anyway. Causing offence is the point of her act.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Absolutely pathetic to think that it is in any way offensive. It’s called humour. Not at anyones expense, just humour. My God I am sure people are spending their days searching for ways to be offended. Chill

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Indeed. Jenny Eclair may have achieved more views of the advert than the advertisers would have done without her complaint.

Is that the same Jenny Eclair who made us roar with laughter that she has 'labia like a spaniel's ears'?

By the way, Mrs Earle was offended by the ad independently of Crodo drawing attention to it. I think she missed the one where the girl sings that the only fun she had was sitting on the tumble dryer!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s possibly offensive to Hannah but as we don’t know the context we can’t tell. Also, she is a fictional character so I’m sure she’ll cope. Jenny Eclair seems to have made a bit of a leap with her assumption the couple only got married because of the baby although this is all a bit rich coming from her anyway. Causing offence is the point of her act.

Haven't heard of this Eclair before, but maybe this apeshit-unwarranted outrage it is a publicity stunt from her?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
What's wrong with it...? Whimsical, funny, some people get offended for the sake of it. It's called a sense of humor...

Is it the "don't know who's it is line" refereing to the baby on the way :shrug: Croydo you do like a nice shit stir don't you.:shit: :drama:

If its not that then imonce again clueless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There’s plenty of things that “get people talking”.

9/10 times I can never remember what the advert is for, so it’s not necessarily a good thing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a terrible advert though. The “lyrics” are dire.

“I was halfway through a scone” ???

Terrible.

This is a real example of just how low standards have got. They think by filling the advert with a selection of BAME Zoomers acting slightly whimsically, they can sacrifice quality.

If I was in that meeting this wouldn’t have got past the “I think I have an idea…” stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here