Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** off Warnock

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reading the Sky News match report he was praising us very well - much more magnanimous in defeat than many managers whose teams we've beaten this season. Don't have a problem with the man.
Is probably also saving his club from relegation this year, so why wouldn't he set up his team to try and nick a point?

I remember him standing up for us at Withdean, when Prosser accused us of racism. Both and Ndlovu (Sheff Utd) said they hadn't heard anything.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What do you reckon it feels like to be a player, who plays FOOTBALL as your job and does FOOTBALL training all week, working on your skills, really nailing down your technique..........and then you sit in a changing room and your manager clearly tells you the only chance you have is to time waste and try and turn the game into a scrap.

It must put you on a complete downer before you even begin.

I genuinely think if we had scored after 10 minutes we would have beaten them 3 or 4 nil.
We could ask Stockdale, Bruno, Dunk, Kayal, Stephens and March as they went through the same sort of thing under Hughton when he first arrived and we were scrapping to survive

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Colin has always liked us - ever since his playing days.
Nevertheless, he set up in the best way he thought he could not to lose. He could argue that he almost achieved that, and was stopped only by one of the Stockdale saves.
Time-wasting is somewhat delusional as in some games we could have played for 3 hours and not scored.
Many years ago, nearly every European cup tie was like that in this country - except that Cardiff did not fall over and roll about so much as the continental teams
Casper and Stocko have been pretty snail-like in the past few years when it suited us, and our ball-boys appear to be maintaining the Keith Cuss tradition (also with some lethargic performances at Withdean also).
Cardiff's tackling was not cynical or leg-breaking (unlike Hutchinson and Kermorgant).
Last night's wind-up was all in the head.
The big, big difference this season, compared to any previous, is that we overcame it and WON.
End of. Move on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From BBC Sport:

"Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has had his run-ins with the Football Association over the years and he has launched another attack at them for scheduling Championship matches on the last day of the January transfer window.

"It's a nightmare, it's a disgrace. You can't tell me the Football Association couldn't plan it where there isn't a game," the Yorkshireman said.

"In the afternoon I should have been resting and I went to have a kip for half an hour and my phone went 20 times.

"It's typical of the FA that they haven't got the time or the inclination to try and help clubs or managers."

Sounds like retirement could be looming if he needs an afternoon nap these days...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From BBC Sport:

"Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has had his run-ins with the Football Association over the years and he has launched another attack at them for scheduling Championship matches on the last day of the January transfer window.

"It's a nightmare, it's a disgrace. You can't tell me the Football Association couldn't plan it where there isn't a game," the Yorkshireman said.

"In the afternoon I should have been resting and I went to have a kip for half an hour and my phone went 20 times.

"It's typical of the FA that they haven't got the time or the inclination to try and help clubs or managers."

Sounds like retirement could be looming if he needs an afternoon nap these days...

....or he could just turn his phone off ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From BBC Sport:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
From BBC Sport:

Do the Football Association schedule Championship matches then!?

Irrespective of whose remit it is - this was a home game for Cardiff - they could have chosen to play it tonight, if it were that important to their manager.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From BBC Sport:

Bruno has an afternoon nap.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From BBC Sport:

Neil Warnock is one of those characters I think, who would probably rather drop dead in the dugout, than accept retirement. A football man through and through.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From BBC Sport:

Neil Warnock is one of those characters I think, who would probably rather drop dead in the dugout, than accept retirement. A football man through and through.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From BBC Sport:

Presumably club's could have gone for Wednesday kick-offs if they wanted to, even if Tuesday is their usual midweek day. I know when the Huddersfield game was selected for Sky, the Albion were quietly happy as it meant we didn't have a game on, or the day after, deadline day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From BBC Sport:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I remember him standing up for us at Withdean, when Prosser accused us of racism. Both and Ndlovu (Sheff Utd) said they hadn't heard anything.

I can also remember Danny Cullip trying to headbutt him when he was substituted during his short lived career in the Premier League with Sheffield United, after leaving the Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can also remember Danny Cullip trying to headbutt him when he was substituted during his short lived career in the Premier League with Sheffield United, after leaving the Albion.

It was in the Championship, not the Premier League. He was only there for one season, and spent part of that at Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here