Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic - Kids days out

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Any ideas where I could take my 2 year old today ?, was going to take him to Fishers farm but it's chucking it down so not gonna happen.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The Aquarium???

Depending on the ages of your kids but the sea life centre was in my opinion, heavily over priced. They charge £10 for kids 3 and over and £13 for adults - so unless you have a money off voucher, I'd stay clear.

Back to the OP; for a 2 year old you will have to pay just for yourself but a lot of the stuff on show is high up and so unless your two year old is happy to walk everywhere it may be a bit of a drag.

My kids like Paradise park (next to the garden centre at newhaven) as they love dinosaurs etc. It's cheap and will keep kids occupied for a couple of hours. It's not fishers farm but you get what you pay for.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Used to take ours to watch the planes at Gatwick. For a few pence you could go up to a viewing room and you even got a free toy plane thrown in. May still do this - our kids loved going on the monorail between N and S terminals as much as anything else.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Used to take ours to watch the planes at Gatwick. For a few pence you could go up to a viewing room and you even got a free toy plane thrown in. May still do this - our kids loved going on the monorail between N and S terminals as much as anything else.

They haven't had any landside viewing areas for years now, unless you fancy standing with all the planespotter geeks at the eastern end of the runway.

The only decent views you get of the airfield are airside.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
OH. My kids are now teenagers, so was slightly out of date info perhaps. Shame.

I think it was after 9/11 when all the security kicked in. They decided they only wanted people at the airport who were flying, picking up or working there, and to discourage day trippers. Sad reflection on the times I guess.

On the subject of days out, I highly recommend (when it's sunny) the Ashdown Forest Llama Park, for adults or kids. It is TREMENDOUS :clap2:
39746_416438656637_558516637_5126820_3452200_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here