Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic - Clearance of blocked drain - Rip off or not?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
£530 for 90 mins work, incl VAT. Two men and a high pressure hose.

I have that problem every two years. (Flat land) it takes 15 mins max last 4 times with pressure hose...I give a local guy a bullseye but it wouldn't be over a ton unless you wanted it done instantly at 3am
The job can only take that long if it's the only one they have that day & they want to pay for Xmas.
Why not phone up & ask for a ballpark price describing a similar job, give you some ammo?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies for an off topic post but does anyone posting on NSC work in the business of unblocking drains and could possibly give me some impartial advice on a bill my mother-in-law has had today for unblocking an external drain and 4 metres of underground pipework?

I won't bore everyone with the details but if someone could help I'd be grateful if they could PM me or let me know who they are and I'll contact them.

Thanks in advance.

This isn't 'off topic' at all - nothing is on NSC! I've had some great advice on here in the past. (And not just being told things like "**** off" or "Shut up")

Buy a set of drain rods and try doing the job yourself. £13.99 from Argos. Even if you still find it necessary to call in outside help, it'll give you an understanding of how much of a rip-off is the quote that the dodgy geezer on the end of the phone has given you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here