Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off the gus bus

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This is all nonsense.

Clearly all we need to do is eliminate our midfield and hoof the ball up the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A couple of punctures were losing to Burnley and Reading, 6-0 at West Ham is a f***ed engine ! But hey, in Gus we trust!

The bus is still running so therefore just temporarily stalled. I agree we need an overhaul in the summer but patience is needed when the manager is still learning his trade at this level. Football fans were never known for patience.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
ive been doubting team selections and tactics for some time.
From the constant playing of billy paynter GUS seems to have lost the plot.
Bring in curbishley

:fishing:

But yes, you are right. Our team, which has to compete with other teams that came down from the premiership, has totally underachieved by getting to 8th position with three games to go. Worst season since 1990/1991 and it is all Gus' fault.

f***ing cretin.

Last edited:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Can we not have some sort of Dunce cap that appears next to people every time they post something utterly ridiculous, just like the birthday one? ???

100% agree, or replace the dunce with a massive cock (rooster).

Tell you what, fair enough we lost today and got our arses spanked but for anyone to want Gus sacked, is this serious or a wind up? I agree also with the fickle fan comment. Dont think I can read some of the negativity on here this eve. OP must be deluded.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
ive been doubting team selections and tactics for some time.
From the constant playing of billy paynter GUS seems to have lost the plot.
Bring in curbishley

I genuinely think if Gus Poyet hadn't joined when he did we would have been looking at a realistic chance of automatic promotion at the end of our first season at the Amex. Only problem being that it would have been from League One!! And it wouldn't have been nailed on the the way Charlton have turned things around, and the 2 Sheff clubs both looking strong.

I think a lot of people now forget what an acheivement last season was, following 2 seasons of staring down the barrel of league 2, and how important starting life in the Amex in the Championship has been. Gus deserved a season consolidating in the Champ, and I think we got more than that. Some people need to take the long view for gods sake!!!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I heard a Wolves fan on the 5-live phone-in saying Gus was exactly the kind of manager that he wanted for them.

Don't think that one bad result tarnish's Gus's reputation one bit - it happens once in a while.

I think we're very lucky to have him at all - the alternative would be who exactly?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The Gus bus, has blown up its engine, it's in for an overhaul during the summer, let's hope they get right !

Rubbish, we just forgot to fill up the tank when the Government told us to panic buy and now we're 'running on fumes'.

It is the end of a long season, with two cup runs, and let's not forget how we beat Sunderland and Newcastle.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I heard a Wolves fan on the 5-live phone-in saying Gus was exactly the kind of manager that he wanted for them.

Don't think that one bad result tarnish's Gus's reputation one bit - it happens once in a while.

I think we're very lucky to have him at all - the alternative would be who exactly?

Paul Lambert who got Norwich promoted consecutively - oh wait, he just lost 6-1.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A couple of punctures were losing to Burnley and Reading, 6-0 at West Ham is a f***ed engine ! But hey, in Gus we trust!

Yeh and Ferguson was nearly demoted during his first season at Old Trafford,

Get some perspective & have some faith!

FFS get a grip. We've had an amazing season - well above our expectations and will probably just fall just short of the play-offs. We've played some lovely football, lacked a cutting edge and not had enough quality to put the ball in the net enough, but we should be proud of our achievements this season and I for one can't wait for next season. Gus is a good manager and is still learning - we have the best new ground you could hope for, an academy on the way - after the last 15 years this is a great time to be an Albion fan. I hate losing as much as the next man (probably more) but lets get a sense of perspective.
I am still on the Gus Bus and glad he is driving it!

My thoughts entirely. Anything above halfway was my aspiration at the start of the season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
FFS get a grip. We've had an amazing season - well above our expectations and will probably just fall just short of the play-offs. We've played some lovely football, lacked a cutting edge and not had enough quality to put the ball in the net enough, but we should be proud of our achievements this season and I for one can't wait for next season. Gus is a good manager and is still learning - we have the best new ground you could hope for, an academy on the way - after the last 15 years this is a great time to be an Albion fan. I hate losing as much as the next man (probably more) but lets get a sense of perspective.
I am still on the Gus Bus and glad he is driving it!

To be stuck on the wall and framed. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here