Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off-limits to Travellers

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Pray tell how? The only way impound every vehicle, £7,500 not £75 until paid. Otherwise get the Police to re-enact the Battle of the Beanfield and this time I would support them. Send them all back to Rathkeale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quite simple really the council use the money they get for the fines to pay for enforcement officers and at court ask for expenses hat way they pay for themselves. And as for lets fight with them ,, what power of legislation will allow this ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I just bought a camper so have done some research on where I am allowed to set up overnight and there seemed to be a few places one can pull up for the night without restriction.
However, reading the OP's link, it seems I can, without fear of retribution, drive on to any piece of common land and set up camp, light a fire and leave bags of excrement hanging on trees. Marvellous news, saves me £20 a night in campsite fees.

You are a palace fan and I claim my £5.00.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
the point is that the council have bought this in and they have to produce the fixed penalty tickets and their staff can issue them. So actually as the council want the PSPO's then they can be the ones to enforce them, take the offenders to court and claim their costs back, leaving the police to deal with other crimes.

And how are the council officials going to deliver these tickets without a strong police presence?
Council official: "You have parked your caravan illegally, so I'm issuing you with this fixed penalty ticket."
Traveller: "F*** off!"
Either that or that council person just gets beaten up (or threatened with such).

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
quite simple really the council use the money they get for the fines to pay for enforcement officers and at court ask for expenses hat way they pay for themselves. And as for lets fight with them ,, what power of legislation will allow this ?

And you honestly believe that an Irish traveller is going to turn up in court.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here