Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was also listening to BBC FiveLive. As well as the above comments, about an hour earlier Nevin and the commentator again spoke of interest south of the border......

They said that both Éduoard and Tammy Abraham are of interest to Brighton but maybe dependent on Brighton selling Neal Maupay.

Now that might be complete bullsh!t and lazy journalism or it could be that those in the inner circle of media know a bit more than us.
Personally I'd rather keep Maupay ahead of either of those two.

Yep - it's kind of what I've been thinking all long... I sincerely hope we're not selling Maupay either way, but keeping him versus selling him and recruiting the wrong replacement... it's simple for me, Neal stays.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Can’t we sign Kyogo Furuhashi instead, he’s just scored three beauties against the mighty Dundee!

Actually, he does look rather good.

He did look good, but the supply to him was exactly what he wanted, I sometimes think our biggest problem is the supply to our forwards, give Aaron Connolly the type of chances that Kyogo had today and I would fancy him to get a hat-trick too, Kyogo also missed 4 other chances. The through ball from Christie for Kyogo's 3rd was exquisite. Connolly received a superb ball from Lallana last week against Luton and put it away nicely.

Odsonne Edouard always seems to want it played into feet, then play quick one twos or try and turn his man, if we are interested, maybe that's why, it's something different to what we have.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I was also listening to BBC FiveLive. As well as the above comments, about an hour earlier Nevin and the commentator again spoke of interest south of the border......

They said that both Éduoard and Tammy Abraham are of interest to Brighton but maybe dependent on Brighton selling Neal Maupay.

Now that might be complete bullsh!t and lazy journalism or it could be that those in the inner circle of media know a bit more than us.
Personally I'd rather keep Maupay ahead of either of those two.

I could see Aaron Connoly being included in a deal for Edouard

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Edouard apparently got injured in the Celtic post-match warm down.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
According to Stuttgart Gonzalez didn’t even have an option to consider us as they never accepted our bid as it was to low, so I am officially giving up on us ever signing a striker that is any better than what we have.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
According to Stuttgart Gonzalez didn’t even have an option to consider us as they never accepted our bid as it was to low, so I am officially giving up on us ever signing a striker that is any better than what we have.

Now this I can believe. It would be classic Brighton to low ball an offer and then the player goes to a team who is actually willing to meet the asking price.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need the perfect storm of a player who buys into what’s happening here and us bidding at least the same as another club. I believe Maupay fitted the bill on this, weren’t Villa also after him? I am not holding my breath for a marquee type signing this window.

Assuming Potter has a decent season hampered by striker options I do wonder how long he’ll be happy to continue working like that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Source?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Stuart Gonzalez, apparently

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yeah classic Brighton, that must be why we’ve never signed a player.

So you’re telling me that, over the years, similar hasn’t happened? That Albion haven’t tried playing poker to get a lower fee and then other teams have come in, paid the asking price and gotten the player?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Maybe we should be looking at Kyogo Furuhashi rather than Edouard after his hat trick today. A really lively performance upfront from what I saw. Dundee looked poor to be fair but Furuhashi looked a breath of fresh air - a lot more to his game than the goals.

Plus with the injury Edouard picked up maybe good to give this one a swerve :

"Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard limped out of the post-match training session between the non-starting players at Celtic Park this evening.

In footage posted to Twitter by The Herald journalist Graeme McGarry, the French forward could be seen limping towards the tunnel after picking up a knock."

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We need the perfect storm of a player who buys into what’s happening here and us bidding at least the same as another club. I believe Maupay fitted the bill on this, weren’t Villa also after him? I am not holding my breath for a marquee type signing this window.

Assuming Potter has a decent season hampered by striker options I do wonder how long he’ll be happy to continue working like that.

I get the impression that Mr P would be very much in to the concept of making the best of what he has got. It seems to be his scene…….. at which I am not complaining.

Having said that, I am sure he would welcome a decent striker, BUT only one he would feel he could work with.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

With £50m in the bank and a small army of nearly but not quites in the attacking department I expect to see something change. I'd rather it was a proven striker incoming rather than a proven manager outgoing

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He did look good, but the supply to him was exactly what he wanted, I sometimes think our biggest problem is the supply to our forwards, give Aaron Connolly the type of chances that Kyogo had today and I would fancy him to get a hat-trick too, Kyogo also missed 4 other chances. The through ball from Christie for Kyogo's 3rd was exquisite. Connolly received a superb ball from Lallana last week against Luton and put it away nicely.

Odsonne Edouard always seems to want it played into feet, then play quick one twos or try and turn his man, if we are interested, maybe that's why, it's something different to what we have.

I’m not sure we are that interested, which leads me to believe all this noise is a ploy to disguise our true target... cloak, dagger, smoke and mirror, hark I see the mist is about to clear, our saviour (hallelujah) he draws near!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Knowing what we do about TB and GP, a couple of questions:

Do we believe that Tony has ever refused to try to get a player that Potter wants?

Potter has been completely consistent in saying that the 'mythical 20-goal-a-season striker' may not be the answer, if he even exists. Does anyone think he isn't being honest with us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here