Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just popped in to see if he's singed yet. No? Good - might be worth offering £5M in January if Celtic don't want him to just run down his contract.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
"A striker signing" is too simplistic a view. Yes, the right one at the right price would be fantastic, but what has anyone seen from Edouard or Nunez to suggest that either of them would be that player?

What is the actual problem? Obviously that we need to convert more of the chances we create, but maybe also that we aren't creating the right sort of chances for the players we have.

The first point is not rocket science, but if we're thinking positively, it would have taken only a marginal difference for Trossard, Maupay and Connolly alone to have had three or four more goals each last season. There's no guarantee that a new striker wouldn't be just as unlucky.

But my second point is that in too many games last season we didn't make many openings for midfield players to score. Pascal Gross didn't score a goal in free play last season, and our shortage of goals from midfield is partly a consequence of Mac Allister, Lallana, Bissouma etc constantly facing packed 10-man defences forced back by our possession game. Even Ally Mac's goal at Palace was a deflection as he hit the ball into a thicket of defenders.

That, as many people have noted, was a consequence of the fact that our build-up was often very slow, and gave opponents time to get men behind the ball. Solly March was having a good season by common consent until his injury, but he still refused to play a first-time cross on too many occasions. Against Luton, he whacked one over first-time and Mwepu was onto it before the defence could set itself. More of that, please. Move the ball with a little more zip earlier in our spells of possession and who knows what will happen?

Have to agree with the ‘get the ball forward more quickly’ thing. Don’t think our strikers/forwards were unlucky tho. They Just finished poorly. Why will next season be different? I am not convinced they will improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good of you to admit defeat :)

Good spot GB. Just the obvious response to your abuse. You already lost the argument

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Is there really a need to be so rude? Especially naming one of the people you think is an "idiot"? This isn't the first time I've seen you doing this.

Honestly: it's perfectly acceptable for others to hold different opinions from yours. That doesn't make them idiots. Show a little respect and you might get some back in future.

I am sorry, but if any Brighton fan thinks we don’t need to sign a striker (while the club is actively trying to sign a striker BTW), then they are an idiot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good spot GB. Just the obvious response to your abuse. You already lost the argument

posts.JPG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His relentless striker bollocks and insistence on riding his high horse through the middle of every conversation resulted in his consignment to my gang of 50. His mantra is up there with 'the end of the world is nigh' and 'we're going into another ice age'.

Probably a better target for GB than VB ......................

Am I allowed to say that?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am sorry, but if any Brighton fan thinks we don’t need to sign a striker (while the club is actively trying to sign a striker BTW), then they are an idiot.
We don't need to sign any striker - UNLESS we sign one who is better than what we've got. Edouard isn't - he's around Maupay level, or a bit below. Their achievements (pre transfer/possible transfer to Brighton) are about the same.
Carry on with 8-10 goals a season Maupay, or pay £20M for a potential 8-10 goals a season Edouard? .................... hmm ......... difficult choice .....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We don't need to sign any striker - UNLESS we sign one who is better than what we've got. Edouard isn't - he's around Maupay level, or a bit below. Their achievements (pre transfer/possible transfer to Brighton) are about the same.
Carry on with 8-10 goals a season Maupay, or pay £20M for a potential 8-10 goals a season Edouard? .................... hmm ......... difficult choice .....

Or, and hear me out here, we bring in Edouard, play them together and they get 16-20 between them. Surely that’s an improvement, no?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

It is a waste of time arguing with him.The only actual name he has ever come out with is Ivan Toney who apparently we should have signed from Posh instead of chasing Nunez!

It us worth noting that we could have signed Ollie Watkins at £30 m and sky-high wages.He managed 14 goals.Value-or-money? We could have signed Callum Wilson,29 years old,£20 m,no re-sale value and £130,000 a week.He managed 12 goals!! I would rather stick with Maupay and Wellbeck!!

He is back on ignore.I enjoy your posts

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here