Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even though it has a massive blind spot in identifying striker targets?

Well, if you look at the facts (including the ones that don't appeal to you), they don't. It's hardly a failure of the recruitment team that players (for now at least) prefer Benfica tp Brighton.

And they, very astutely, didn't get sucked into the noise generated by agents and the OF loving Scottish press trying to get us buying strikers who aren't right for us, that we didn't want.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Well, if you look at the facts (including the ones that don't appeal to you), they don't. It's hardly a failure of the recruitment team that players (for now at least) prefer Benfica tp Brighton.

And if you look at the facts (including the ones that don't appeal to you), other teams don't seem to have the same problem with striker targets preferring other sides.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And if you look at the facts (including the ones that don't appeal to you), other teams don't seem to have the same problem with striker targets preferring other sides.

Budget budget budget. Simple really. Can you chip in or is it Bloom out and some foreign shyster in?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Budget budget budget. Simple really. Can you chip in or is it Bloom out and some foreign shyster in?

I'm talking about the likes of Cornet, Armstrong, Edouard. Are we really not able to afford them?

You would think any striker would want to come to us with the team that's being built.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm talking about the likes of Cornet, Armstrong, Edouard. Are we really not able to afford them?

You would think any striker would want to come to us with the team that's being built.

Cornet and Armstrong, I have no idea but I think (from online rumours) that yes Edouard is beyond our budget :shrug:

This club is not run by morons I hope. Sixth not good enough for you?

Did you support Charlton when Curbishley was manager, it’s sounding very similar

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Adam Armstrong, Odsonne Edouard and Matt Derbyshire would have scored three goals each on that one of those slick Veltman passes to the advertisement boards behind the goal yesterday. Fact.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Really? OK, whatever. We're crap. Should sack the recruiting team PDQ, but nobody running the club knows what they're doing.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
His highlight was being part of a leftwing three with Schlupp and one other, taking on a lone Veltman in the first half. (Gross was out of his depth in defence, no pace).

Game seemed to pass him by once Lamptey came on, the £18.5m striker became a second left back shit scared of Lamptey’s brilliance.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I also watched Ivan Toney on Tues at Southampton, he was also totally ineffective.

When Toney and Edouard were available I was hoping we would sign one of them.
We dodged two bullets.

The one to get next summer IMHO is Broja. But no doubt Chelsea (if they are prepared to sell) will want top dollar and there will be better value buying from the French league or South America.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was completely ineffectual against us. He lost just about every aerial battle when they pumped the ball towards him.

OUT
No shame in that.
He was playing the Albion and it's rotating cast of wall like central defenders.

The shame lay in the fact we're the 'draw kings'.

:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here