Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Driscoll appointed new Forest boss!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can understand why he would want to go but it's pretty harsh on Creepy. Can only assume they got a good chunk of compensation. Think SOD should have been truer to himself, had a bit more conviction and held out for a job he wanted rather than take the first one offered. No doubt he'll say he was deeply committed and Forest was the only job he'd have jumped ship for

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i wonder how the forest fans feel about SOD, i would imagine they were expecting a big name, this stinks like the venkys deal did!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was amazed to hear Forest fans on the radio recently celebrating the arrival of their new "know nothing" arab owners.

Blinded by the light, all they see is the $$$

Why can't these people learn from the likes of Cardiff, Blackburn, Pompey and on their doorstep Notts County and realise that people with promises of lots of money (or not in the case of Notts) but absolutely no fcuking clue about football are only going to fcuk up small market clubs.

OK so Man City and Chelsea have done alright with a shed load of free money, but they are the exception and they are big city clubs.
Look at the shambles at Cardiff.
Ask Blackburn fans whether they prefer Jack Walker or the Venky's?
And the merry go round of scandalous asset stripping at the dockyard
And by the way I have yet to be convinced that Russian Reading are not going to go the same way.

And so multi-million Kuwaiti dollar Nottingham Forest have set sail for the Premier League and to regain their former glories, by selling their last defender just before appointing Sean O'Driscoll as manager. Nice guy by all accounts, whose greatest managerial experience was keeping Donny Rovers in the Championship.

I don't give a shit about Forest, and their delusional fans, but I Thank God we have a real football fan, and better than that, a real Albion fan plotting the future of my club.

Thank God for Tony Bloom

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I still think the Crawley saga may well end in tears. Could end up being a 'boom and bust' scenario.

They've done well to get to League 1, but how are they going to sustain the wage bill on their attendance figures in a ground they don't own and can't really develop.

Seems a bit odd they start an academy taking lots of promising local youngsters then shut it again within a matter of weeks. Is there something more sinister going on now that SOD has left? Wouldn't surprise me with their chequered history of ownership.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It said on TV last night, that the Arabs wanted a "big name", but the players wanted SOD.

Given the proximity to the start of the new season, the players were given what they wanted to limit any disruption to preparations.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Didnt O'Driscoll move to be Cotterills assistant after he left Donny and was instrumental in turning their season around which is why he is probably popular up there. And I believe they already had plans for a new stadium on the outskirts of the city. Was to be one of the sites for the World Cup if we got it.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Got to give the owners the benefit of doubt at the moment. They have been involved in football before, have kept on key staff at Forest and made a great appointment for manager. O'Driscoll is known for playing quality football and keeping Doncaster in the Championship is no mean feat! Time will tell but they could easily have gone for Sven or someone like that, regardless of what the players wanted. Got a slow building job to do with the squad being so low in numbers at the moment.

Maybe too soon to challenge this year but if they do take thing steady then can see them really challenging for promotion the year after.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They do seem to have drastically lowered their sights after promising to appoint an "iconic name". Mick McCarthy was hardly that, but he's on the dole and STILL ran a mile after meeting them. Perhaps the budgets there are not quite as originally perceived. It'll be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here