Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ODI Eng v Aus

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not so much, I don't think. The Aussies bowled very well at the end - I think we have the right people down the order but if the opposition bowls well to you there's not much you can do.

Haddin pea rolling the ball for a stumping and getting another stumping shortly after highlighted a lack of composure and plan of what to do for England. Didn't know whether to stick or twist and limped to 300 in the end. Wickets in hand but didn't hit a single boundary from over 44. Credit to the bowlers, but bowling alone doesn't explain why England weren't more positive in the closing stages.

Haddin and Smith were down to needing singles with 6 overs left, but kept the pressure on with positive shots and big boundaries not giving our bowlers any chance to settle. It highlighted a big difference in mentality in my opinion.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not so much, I don't think. The Aussies bowled very well at the end - I think we have the right people down the order but if the opposition bowls well to you there's not much you can do.

Haddin pea rolling the ball for a stumping and getting another stumping shortly after highlighted a lack of composure and plan of what to do for England. Didn't know whether to stick or twist and limped to 300 in the end. Wickets in hand but didn't hit a single boundary from over 44. Credit to the bowlers, but bowling alone doesn't explain why England weren't more positive in the closing stages.

Haddin and Smith were down to needing singles with 6 overs left, but kept the pressure on with positive shots and big boundaries not giving our bowlers any chance to settle. It highlighted a big difference in mentality in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here