Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odds to make the play-offs

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I think that's true. Mind you, I could see the Blackpool debacle a mile off, but equally I'm very confident that Yeovil will be absolutely hammered on Friday and we will go into the final day with something to play for. It could still even be in our hands.
Yeovil Town will play the same way blackpool played against us and we will have to break them down

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Not sure about them nicking 6th spot. We've handed it back to them wrapped with nice paper and one of those fancy bows.

To be fair, it's a game of pass the parcel at the moment amongst a few teams. Who's going to be holding it when the music stops?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The pressure's back on Reading. It's a huge advantage to be playing first at the weekend; three points on Friday night and I've got a feeling they'll slip up at Doncaster.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
There is a possibility that a draw will be USELESS for both forest and ourselves on the final day. That would be exciting!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
There is a possibility that a draw will be USELESS for both forest and ourselves on the final day. That would be exciting!

Yes, that's certainly a possibility and with this in mind I have outlined a cunning plan detailed below ;

If the match is tied with say 15 mins to go, how about if the 2 teams cease open play and hold a pseudo penalty shoot-out.
You'd have to use both goals and pass the ball from the centre spot every time a goal was scored.
Goal kicks & corners would have to be employed to get the ball back in play to the correct penalty spot (need to be careful here to avoid offsides as it would slow the process)
Obviously, both managers would have to agree beforehand and nut out any other minor details and whilst not at all in the spirit of the game I do think that my plan has merit.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I don't think we can assume Burnley will just roll over for Reading. Dyche seems to have installed quite a professional attitude in that team.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yeovil have to win their last two games to survive, I can't see them parking a bus anywhere, except if they get an early goal.
We need to get an early goal, it could demoralise them enough to give up the fight.
We need to go all out, as we did at Leicester, get going right from the start.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yeovil have to win their last two games to survive, I can't see them parking a bus anywhere, except if they get an early goal.

With GD the way it is they'll likely to need to win both by 3 or 4 ..... they will have to leave the bus at home!

Looks like Reading are going to nick 6th place.
A win against Donny and a win against already promoted, can't go up as champions, so nothing to play for Burnley, should just about do it.
Nigel will be so smug:clap::drink: Oh yes :p My mate Nigel will be chuffed:wave:
Have faith It's not over yet, I reckon Reading will bottle it v Donny and the Seaweed will tonk Yeovill leaving a few teams in the mix going into the final day.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It would be better if we were playing Leicester and Burnley as our last two games, they've nothing to fight for.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It would be better if we were playing Leicester and Burnley as our last two games, they've nothing to fight for.

Younger/fringe players will be playing for a place in their 25 next season. Case in point- Ashley Barnes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I made a few quid by backing us, at about 9-2, to win at Leicester the other week. From these winnings I put £30 on Reading to beat Midds. the other night at just under evens making a further £27. I've put all the returns from this bet onto Reading winning at Donny and, if they win this, I'll do the same for their game against Burnley.

I'll be pissed off if they do win their final 2 games, but at least I'll have won something in the region of £250 to take the edge off of it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd rather be playing Yeovil than needing 3 points off of either of these 2 any day.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'd rather be playing Yeovil than needing 3 points off of either of these 2 any day.

Only time will tell I suppose.
The team seems to be more up for it against the 'bigger' teams, rather than complacent with the 'lesser' teams, as has been shown all season.
Can you see that changing now, case in hand v Blackpool etc. when a performance was needed.
I don't like to be a septic, but it is not made easier with performances so far.
I only expected to make top 10 realistically, but the dangling carrot of the playoffs is irresistible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeovil are as good as down. Only a win gives them a mathematical chance still. There's no point them coming here and parking the bus looking for a point and time wasting like Blackpool did. Doncaster will happily take a draw against Reading however. Almost certain both us and Forest will need to win the last game. We seem to do better against teams who have a go at us. All is not great but all is not quite lost yet either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon we are about 100-1 against making the playoffs as Reading will surely be certain to beat Doncaster and Burnley.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeovil are as good as down. Only a win gives them a mathematical chance still. There's no point them coming here and parking the bus looking for a point and time wasting like Blackpool did. Doncaster will happily take a draw against Reading however. Almost certain both us and Forest will need to win the last game. We seem to do better against teams who have a go at us. All is not great but all is not quite lost yet either.

Our goal difference is currently the same as Reading's. If we hammer Yeovil - and let's not be too pessimistic, it's a possibility given their situation - and Reading lose, a draw would be enough at Forrest providing that Reading don't beat Burnley by 1 goal more than we beat Yeovil and Ipswich fail to win both of their remaining games.

I need to stop thinking about this and just enjoy the footy.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yeovil are as good as down. Only a win gives them a mathematical chance still. There's no point them coming here and parking the bus looking for a point and time wasting like Blackpool did..

I think Gary Johnson is actually helping us out a bit with his recent interviews.

He's accepted his side are down, and talked about how they've enjoyed the Championship and how it was always going to be tough on their budget/crowd. If the manager has given up any hope, then i'd say the players certainly have. I know i'll be probably be wrong, but I don't think Yeovil will want it anywehere near as much as us on Saturday, and that's saying something going by recent performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here