Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odds for palace game...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
To convert decimal odds to fractional odds you first need to remove 1 from the decimal odds. Then write the remainder as a divided by 1

So 1.8 > 0.8 > 0.8/1

Then for mutiply both top and bottom by 100.

So 0.8/1 > 80/100

Then you simplify the fraction

80/100 > 8/10 > 4/5 which is the fraction odds.

Yep, definitely got it now

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No way will Palace be as passive as they were against Burnley. Roy is under pressure and will know that a win against us will alleviate it. Anyone thinking this game will be easy needs to think again. Form says that we should do well, but form usually goes out the window in a Derby game.
Hope to win, wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw and we just know that Palace would love to put another one over us.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm not usually that confident going in to any game as I've supported us for long enough to know how tits up things can go, but I'm hugely confident we will win comfortably. Our biggest win of the season by a mile.

This is crazy talk pre derby match.

All the signs point to a Palace win.

We’re in form. They’re not.

Our talismanic player (Lamptey) will just miss out. Their talismanic player will be raring to go as a ‘surprise’ return.

We need umpteen chances to score. They don’t.

It’s exactly what happens in these games.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Just divide the first number by the second will get you the decimal equivelent then add 1 to get the decimal odds.

7/2 > 7 divided by 2 > 3.5 > add 1 to give you the decimal odds of 4.5

100/30 > 100 divided by 30 > 3.33 > add 1 to give you the decimal odds of 4.33

2/7 > 2 divided by 7 > 0.286 > add 1 to give you the decimal odds of 1.286

Decimal odds make it much easier to work out how much you get back since you just multiply you stake by the odds on offer. (Your stake + winnings)

Totally get that. But how do you work it the other way? How to work out what 4.8 is equal to? 45 years ago I was good at maths.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This is crazy talk pre derby match.

All the signs point to a Palace win.

We’re in form. They’re not.

Our talismanic player (Lamptey) will just miss out. Their talismanic player will be raring to go as a ‘surprise’ return.

We need umpteen chances to score. They don’t.

It’s exactly what happens in these games.

I know, I know. When we lose, you can bring up my post again and say you told me so.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
4.8 - 1 = 3.8 = 3.8/1
Create the decimal fraction by multiplying it by 100 = 380/100
Then you just simplify the fraction by dividing both top and bottom by the number.
380/100 > 38/10 > 19/5 is the final fractional odd as it cannot be simplified any further.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Once you have tried it a few times it becomes quite simple really. However, once you have understood it, instead of working it out every time just ask Siri, Alexa or whoever and they will tell you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Palace will be ultra cautious and spend 80 odd minutes with zero touches in our penalty area, Then from their 1st corner, there will be a penalty VAR review where the ball is hit against a Brighton defender from almost zero distance. Over 5 minutes in review and then on the touchline by the referee, Sanchez will save the penalty, which will be followed by another lengthy VAR review, where he will be adjudged to have been 2mm off his line when the penalty is taken, so a retake is required, which is scored.

Alternatively we will finally actually hammer someone and win 5-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here