Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Odd places you've found pubs full of Brighton pics and memorabilia in... Addingham

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I woke up this morning to a text from my bro, he'd been to a pub on Addingham (West Yorkshire nr Ilkley) and found it full of Seagulls pics and memorabilia... Turns out the landlord is ex pat and a massive fan.

At 1st I wondered if Brighton Bill (former landlord of The Junction, Baildon) had taken it on but it looks like he's now doing this:

Brighton Bill's Beer Emporium - About Us

Where have you bumped into any expat fans running pubs / cafes etc?

The Swan is a decent real ale pub, well worth a visit if you're visiting the dales (or even on route to Bolton if you don't mind a massive detour!)

The Swan Addingham

Small world, my brother and sister in law live in Addingham (they have done for over 25 years now) and we go in the Swan every time we are up there, they (bro & sis in law) both stem from Brighton as well (port hall road) as do I so we do always have lots of things "Brighton" to talk about.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
So popped into the Swan in Addingham on Tuesday night. Encouraged by the Albion paraphernalia on show (an Albion pint glass, a pennant and a pair of BHA boxing gloves) behind the bar......
Me "I hear this is the big Albion stronghold in Addingham"
Barmaid "y'what love"
Me: "the landlords a big Brighton fan?"
Barmaid "oh I don't know he's out at a meeting"

We had a a decent pint and left. Looked like a good pub but a bit empty the night we were there! Worth a visit if you are staying in the dales for the Leeds game - not sure what they'd make of southerners dressed as the Village People though they do have a folk music night on Tuesdays.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Strangely, found a barbers shop in Gawler, South Australia called Fat Boy Trims with albion stuff and all blue and white. Owner was a gooner...

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Someone on here will remind me of the owners name but there used to be a bar in Ibiza full of 83 cup final stuff, I think it was called The Brighton Tavern.
We were pretty drunk the night we came across it so went back the next day for a closer look when it was quite and had a long chat with the landlord who was
from Brighton, he very kindly gave us lunch on the house as we talked about the exploits of 83,that was in 85, nice guy.
Not Albion but I did come across a Rangers shirt signed by Gordon Smith in a pub in Amsterdam.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Had Albion shirt in our last bar/club, but ive not seen the thing since we moved to new place...still packed somewhere...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This place (although we did know it was there) in Tenerife. Even had a drink with Kerry Mayo there.

Attachments

• Marina 2.jpg
    Marina 2.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 150

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
So popped into the Swan in Addingham on Tuesday night. Encouraged by the Albion paraphernalia on show (an Albion pint glass, a pennant and a pair of BHA boxing gloves) behind the bar......
Me "I hear this is the big Albion stronghold in Addingham"
Barmaid "y'what love"
Me: "the landlords a big Brighton fan?"
Barmaid "oh I don't know he's out at a meeting"

We had a a decent pint and left. Looked like a good pub but a bit empty the night we were there! Worth a visit if you are staying in the dales for the Leeds game - not sure what they'd make of southerners dressed as the Village People though they do have a folk music night on Tuesdays.

I suggest all visiting fans pop in after the Leeds game!

Usually happens when someone leaves without paying
Nobody ever left the Sun at Leintwardine without paying. In Flossie's time, you had to pour your own beer from the barrel in the kitchen and leave the cash in a Tupperware tub. Flossie was 94 when she died in 2009 - and the pub changed hands.

History

Flossie Lane - Telegraph

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Odd places you've found pubs full of Brighton pics and memorabilia in... Adding

I woke up this morning to a text from my bro, he'd been to a pub on Addingham (West Yorkshire nr Ilkley) and found it full of Seagulls pics and memorabilia... Turns out the landlord is ex pat and a massive fan.

At 1st I wondered if Brighton Bill (former landlord of The Junction, Baildon) had taken it on but it looks like he's now doing this:

Brighton Bill's Beer Emporium - About Us

Where have you bumped into any expat fans running pubs / cafes etc?

The Swan is a decent real ale pub, well worth a visit if you're visiting the dales (or even on route to Bolton if you don't mind a massive detour!)

The Swan Addingham

Er, he's known to US as 'Bradford Bill' shurely!?

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
The Mildnay Arm's in Queen's Camel near Yeovil at the end of the 90's had a landlord who was a BHA ST holder loads of stuff up a top boozer to .
This is our local and the landlord was a massive WBA fan. The Brighton stuff was ours. We used to hang our scarves up in the bar if Brighton had won a game. The Mildmay has had several different owners since then and sadly Mike, the old landlord, died of cancer last year.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Bad news, that Seagulls friendly out post in Yorkshire, The Swan at Addingham has a 'To Let' sign up. Maybe the Tuesday night folk music was n't such a success after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here