[Albion] October Internationals - Brighton players

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
[MENTION=16873]ifightbears[/MENTION] - Marc Leonard is in the Scotland U-21 squad for their UEFA U-21 Championship qualifier against Denmark on Thursday - Scot Gemmill names squad for Denmark clash

Albion U-16 Jaydon Fuller is in the Welsh U-17 squad for a training camp starting today - WALES UNDER 17 OCTOBER 2021 - with a friendly against Rangers at the end of the week - Brighton and Hove Albion prospect earns Wales call-up

Thanks. Although I'm disappointed in myself for not noticing Leonard's call up I am super glad he is getting this recognition, I've been so impressed by his progress this season.

As for Fuller, I was relying on you bring out a slightly more obscure one!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We certainly don’t won’t any more injuries , especially Sanchez , trossard or Duffy in the next 2 weeks .

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Mwepu has been withdrawn.

ALBION midfielder Enock Mwepu has been ruled out of Zambia's World Cup qualifiers.

The summer signing from RB Salzburg was set to join up with the rest of his national squad for back to back matches against Equatorial Guinea.

Mwepu was meant to be captaining the Chipolopolo Boys as they look to qualify for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup.

The midfielder, however, has had to withdraw from the matches with a groin injury.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19626233.brightons-enock-mwepu-fifa-world-cup-qualifiers/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was surprised to see him in the squad, hopefully it is actually a good sign of his injury recovery not just Zambia being over-hopeful.

What about Bissouma? Have Mali decided not to be 'over-hopeful', or is he nowhere as near to a return as we might have thought? Anybody know what the story is?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What about Bissouma? Have Mali decided not to be 'over-hopeful', or is he nowhere as near to a return as we might have thought? Anybody know what the story is?

YB hasn't featured for Mali since October 2018!

Some kind of falling out I believe. Hopefully there will be no bridges mended there, until at least after the January 2022 African Cup of Nations...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
looked v sharp at Dortmund over the weekend. One goal and another brilliant finish that was chalked off due to a foul

Tracked down some footage of it and was surprised to hear I have been pronouncing his name wrong.

not Andee Zekeeree - but - Awndee Zekuree

I'll probably forget again

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thread for the international break.

A collation Brighton players in action in this international break and the date of their games. Please let me know if I've missed any and I will edit this post.

Trossard - Belgium - 7th, 10th
Duffy - Ireland - 9th, 12th
Connolly - Ireland - 9th, 12th
Moder - Poland - 9th, 12th
Sanchez - Spain - 6th, 10th
Caicedo - Ecuador - 8th, 10th, 14th
Sarmiento - Ecuador - 8th, 10th, 14th

Rushworth - England u21 - 7th, 11th
Scherpen- Netherlands u21 - 8th, 12th
Karbownik - Poland u21 - 8th, 12th
Leonard - Scotland u21 - 7th
Moran - Ireland u21 - 8th, 12th
Ferguson - Ireland u21 - 8th, 12th
Weir - England u20 - 6th, 11th
Nilsson - Sweden u19 - 8th, 11th
Emmerson- England u18 - 7th, 11th
Sturge - England u18 - 7th, 11th
Fuller - Wales u17 - 9th
That's potentially a big hole in the team we could put out for the EFL Trophy at FGR next week!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Carl Rushworth not involved in the matchday squad for England U-21s against Slovenia.

Marc Leonard on the bench for Scotland U-21s against Denmark.

Jensen Weir starts for England U-20s against Italy:-

Weir.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Carl Rushworth not involved in the matchday squad for England U-21s against Slovenia.

Marc Leonard on the bench for Scotland U-21s against Denmark.

Jensen Weir starts for England U-20s against Italy.

Nice to see Weir getting a start - he ain't getting too many of those at Cambridge!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I see we have a player in Scotland under 21 squad.
Time was when that would be the biggest achievement by an albion player that year.
Now….I hadn’t even heard of Marc Leonard until today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here