Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] October 2020 International Matches

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So, FOUR Albion players involved today in international matches where a backroom member of staff has received a positive Covid-19 test result.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Watching the Irish game, the lack of crowd presented a general query.

When a corner or attacking free kick heads towards the box with menace, why does the 'keeper et al shout 'AWAY'?

What else would the defending side try to do?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

When a corner or attacking free kick heads towards the box with menace, why does the 'keeper et al shout 'AWAY'?

Pass it out from the back ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Pass it out from the back ?

I look forward to that, v Palace maybe.

Ball is floating over into a packed goal mouth from a Palace cross, Dunk gets poised to spring and head it away.

Tall Maty Ryan shouts 'PLAY IT OUT FROM THE BACK,'.

I can hear it now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I look forward to that, v Palace maybe.

Ball is floating over from a Palace cross, Dunk gets poised to spring and head it away.

Tall Maty Ryan shouts 'PLAY IT OUT FROM THE BACK,'.

I can hear it now.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

‘Pass it square across the box !’

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

As a goalkeeper you want to tell if you are going to challenge the ball, "MINE!", and if you cant, "AWAY!". Added bonus is that it gives a small adrenaline rush to the defenders.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As a goalkeeper you want to tell if you are going to challenge the ball, "MINE!", and if you cant, "AWAY!". Added bonus is that it gives a small adrenaline rush to the defenders.

You ARE Peter Brezovan and I claim my £5.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just switched on after England's romp. God this is tense.

:ohmy:

Would be incredible to see the Jocko's and Northern and Southern Ireland get through

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jensen Weir and Haydon Roberts are in the England U-19 squad for two friendly matches against Scotland at St George's Park. The first was scheduled for today - England were leading 3-1 at half-time when the match was abandoned as a Covid-19 positive test result of a member of the backroom staff was revealed during the first-half.

The second game is scheduled for Sunday.

Not sure if either of Albion's lads were in the starting line-up.

Further reporting now that the match was abandoned in the 43rd minute after the Scotland U-19 manager received a positive test result. Sunday's game has been cancelled, as has the match between England U-17s (with Albion's Toby Collyer in the squad) and Scotland U-17s scheduled for Saturday at the same venue, St George's Park.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Further reporting now that the match was abandoned in the 43rd minute after the Scotland U-19 manager received a positive test result. Sunday's game has been cancelled, as has the match between England U-17s (with Albion's Toby Collyer in the squad) and Scotland U-17s scheduled for Saturday at the same venue, St George's Park.

Must have been a weird sight.. did they get the test result mid game?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Must have been a weird sight.. did they get the test result mid game?

I believe so. From someone posting on another discussion board:-

Apparently they did a first round of tests to OK everyone for today's game and then a second round of tests a few days later to OK everyone for their next game in a few days time. This guy passed the first test then failed the second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here