Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obviously he's giving hinshelwood and brown a chance.

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
That has to be the reason he is hanging on, or hinshelwood, has asked for a crack at the whip. He sees it as a cheaper option if it works. I tend to agree, hinshelwood and brown could be the answer, now that coppell doesn't seem to want it, otherwise bloom would have got him straight in.

HINSHELWOOD'S BLUE ARMY....

ALTOGETHER NOW..........:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
:facepalm::fishing::tumble:punish:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think last time is a bit of an unfair reflection on his footballing prowess.

We were a team depending on Zamora and he was lost early doors to injury. It was only when a more experienced manager came in, did we stop the rot.

I think Hinshelwood's record would have been a lot different if Bobby had stayed fit.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
hinsh is a very good coach and to be fair had no time to prepare the team pre-season had f*** all cash won his first game 3-1 away then drew 0-0 at home then lost Zamora

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That has to be the reason he is hanging on, or hinshelwood, has asked for a crack at the whip. He sees it as a cheaper option if it works. I tend to agree, hinshelwood and brown could be the answer, now that coppell doesn't seem to want it, otherwise bloom would have got him straight in.

HINSHELWOOD'S BLUE ARMY....

ALTOGETHER NOW..........:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

or alternatively, they want to make sure they get the right person for the job, even if it takes a few more days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
TB will know of Hinsh's managerial capabilities , thats why he is just the caretaker manager until a new gaffer is appointed.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
TB can't get decent odds on Dennis the Menace getting the job yet:shootself

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
or alternatively, they want to make sure they get the right person for the job, even if it takes a few more days.

Sorry, but the same people are available now that will be available in 10 days time, which is when bloom said he may wait until, to appoint someone.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Sorry, but the additional days will give the Chairman time to make ABSOLUTELY sure he is appointing the right man.

There is no right man
. Whoever is appointed, there'll be calls for his head before this coming Boxing Day is history.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I tend to agree with Rodfox here, but the only draw back will be if Hinch' gets 3 good results then f**ks up then others may not be available and it could be too late. I think it's one gamble too many and the successor should be appointed now as it may be a chance we cannot afford to take.:facepalm:

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's only desperate candidates who would make an instant decision. Decent ones will want time to think about it/negotiate terms/ contact potential coaches/assistants etc - who will also need time to weigh up options/terms etc.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It's only desperate candidates who would make an instant decision. Decent ones will want time to think about it/negotiate terms/ contact potential coaches/assistants etc - who will also need time to weigh up options/terms etc.

Exactly. Commonsense really.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
hinch will never be appointed the permanent manager, hes there til we get someone decent, period.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sorry, but the same people are available now that will be available in 10 days time, which is when bloom said he may wait until, to appoint someone.

Was this actually a serious thread? I honestly thought you were kidding.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Can never understand why sack a manager without a replacement lined up

So what would be the alternative? start interviewing whilst Slade & Co were still in a job?

Contact Coppell's agent and start thrashing out a contract before telling Slade?

The next day, Slade gets a call from the Sun saying "you're gonna get the sack, how do you feel about finding out from us?

Well ?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I know that officially you cant do it, but if we have played everything by the book then that is monumentally stupid when youre in a relegation battle mid season, you must at least have a gentlemens agreement that your new man is coming beofre you ditch, most clubs manage it without it getting out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here