Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Arrow is a new series based on the Green Arrow for anyone who is into comic book type series(non-animated). Isn't too bad without being great.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I've just started watching 'Vegas' a new series starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, the Dennis Quaid character was (still living) a real sheriff in Vegas, it's set in 1960. I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes very much, I recommend it.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Started watching Hell on Wheels, a western set in 1865 just after the civil war about a man looking for killers of his wife. Same channel as did The Walking Dead. Just been commissioned for a third season/series. Worth a look.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I've just started watching 'Vegas' a new series starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, the Dennis Quaid character was (still living) a real sheriff in Vegas, it's set in 1960. I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes very much, I recommend it.

I heard mixed reviews about this is it really good or just worth a watch?

The League is quality just finished right up till the end of Season 4 and as funny as always! Now half way through Breaking Bad S2 and that is possibly the best thing I have seen since the Sopranos

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A new one for ya lads. Called "Banshee".

Won't say too much about it, except to say it's one of those that grows on you. The violence and sex scenes are what one might call "graphic".

8ft_legs

Mar 2, 2009
Tun Wells
I heard mixed reviews about this is it really good or just worth a watch?

The League is quality just finished right up till the end of Season 4 and as funny as always! Now half way through Breaking Bad S2 and that is possibly the best thing I have seen since the Sopranos

another vote for The League very very funny. also if you think breaking bad is at season wait til you get further its phenomenal television.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Does anyone watch WHITE COLLAR.

That has taken a HUGE twist recently. It's not your hard hitting crime drama, but it's quite NICE. After being forced to watch it I'm now hooked.

Still being forced to watch Criminal Minds, and whilte it's good, it's a bit SAMEY.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I'm up to episode 5 on Vegas, I'm enjoying it but it's not yet grabbed me as something that I can't miss. I've just watched the first episode of "Cult" which looks promising, though I hope that it's not going to go on and on with just the main premiss a bit like "Heroes" did. Another first of a new series I've seen is "Golden Boy" with unknown (to me) young British actor Theo James in the lead role, this doesn't look promising, I'll watch another couple of episodes to make sure but I don't think it will be a hit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Watching Nashville on More4 at the moment. Connie Britton from Friday Night Lights and Hayden Paniterre from Heroes, I love it. Good performances, story and some cracking tunes swell.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Watching Nashville on More4 at the moment. Connie Britton from Friday Night Lights and Hayden Paniterre from Heroes, I love it. Good performances, story and some cracking tunes swell.

A new guilty pleasure of mine too.

Don't imagine Taylor Swift watches it though...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite.....

Do we reckon the older woman is based on anyone? I'm not that au fait with country music, apart from the legendary Dolly & Kenny of course.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two new series that started last week... anyone see them? Opinions:

Cult
Zero Hour

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i've been watching a programme called Community recently, its absolutely fantastic. Movie reference galore, any film-nuts will love it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Season 3 of Game of Thrones starts this Sunday here in the States. From the trailers it looks like it won’t disappoint – just hope they maintain the standard of the earlier episodes. The actors behind two of the new characters will be familiar to Brits – Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds) and Lady Olenna Tyrell (Diana Rigg). One of the things I’ve always liked about GOT is that no matter how many new characters they introduce they always seem able to keep them separated on the screen

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Season 3 of Game of Thrones starts this Sunday here in the States. From the trailers it looks like it won’t disappoint – just hope they maintain the standard of the earlier episodes. The actors behind two of the new characters will be familiar to Brits – Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds) and Lady Olenna Tyrell (Diana Rigg). One of the things I’ve always liked about GOT is that no matter how many new characters they introduce they always seem able to keep them separated on the screen

Mance Rayder is badass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here