'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Any thoughts on Bates Motel.

I've videoed it in the off chance someone other than the channel it's on agrees with the hype.

I've seen the posters. Anything with 'reboot' as part of its advertising turns me right off. I'd love to be proved wring though.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I totally love Ray Donovan, perfect cast with a perfect script, US TV does not get any better.
Saw the first Ironside this week and did not enjoy it at all, we shall see how it goes.
The first Homeland of season 3 is very good, nice mix of politics and CIA sometimes missing in the past.
Boardwalk Empire is back to it's best it seems from the first episode, after a weak season 3 for me, I have high hopes .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I've videoed it in the off chance someone other than the channel it's on agrees with the hype.

I too have recorded it, but to got around to watching it yet.

Also starting this week on bbc3 is a show called orphan black. I've seen some praise for it on twitter, but don't know whether that's the exception or the rule. Something to do with someone stealing someone else's identity

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I too have recorded it, but to got around to watching it yet.

Also starting this week on bbc3 is a show called orphan black. I've seen some praise for it on twitter, but don't know whether that's the exception or the rule. Something to do with someone stealing someone else's identity

Just saw an advert for it - a down on her luck woman sees someone who looks like her commit suicide, so the woman steals the victim's purse and goes to the victim's apartment and tries to steal her life. Then she discovers there are a few other people who look just like her, too...

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I totally love Ray Donovan, perfect cast with a perfect script, US TV does not get any better.
Saw the first Ironside this week and did not enjoy it at all, we shall see how it goes.
The first Homeland of season 3 is very good, nice mix of politics and CIA sometimes missing in the past.
Boardwalk Empire is back to it's best it seems from the first episode, after a weak season 3 for me, I have high hopes .

For me I cant remember any of Season 3 although I watched it all! I dont know whether to re-watch it or just start Season 4 as I already have the first episode?

Just bought Shield off Play for about £25 for all 7 seasons which appears to be a bargain and by all accounts a great drama if you are in to such things as the Wire.

Roy Donovan I have found very strange but I want to stick with it.

Finally and it does not appear to have been mentioned but The League is back and its 2 episodes in and still as funny as ever I cannot recommend this strongly enough.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just saw an advert for it - a down on her luck woman sees someone who looks like her commit suicide, so the woman steals the victim's purse and goes to the victim's apartment and tries to steal her life. Then she discovers there are a few other people who look just like her, too...

Seen the first episode and am hooked. better than I expected.. best of both world (US and and UK production). Canadian made and up there with Supernatural and Continuum. Try Orphan Black!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Watched first episode of Ray Donovan and although I enjoyed it havent died to get back to it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You can find series opener of Homeland on torrent but its a leak. Actually doesnt start till 29th (the week when all the big series' start)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Just bought Shield off Play for about £25 for all 7 seasons which appears to be a bargain and by all accounts a great drama if you are in to such things as the Wire.

Finally and it does not appear to have been mentioned but The League is back and its 2 episodes in and still as funny as ever I cannot recommend this strongly enough.

I envy you; The Shield, far different from The Wire, was epic and in a way, wish I had it all to look forward to again.

I think I overdosed on The League a while back - for me, not one you can watch ep after ap of an evening. The guy in your avatar though, whatsisname, is fantastic though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched first episode of Ray Donovan and although I enjoyed it havent died to get back to it.
RD is head shakingly preposterous in places.
If you allow it to tick all the 'controversial' boxes and then look beyond that, is as good as you'd expect that all star cast to be.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
“Sleepy Hollow” started on Fox last night. A modern spin on the story with Ichabod Crane being resurrected in 2013. Promising start with some good chemistry between the leads and a chance to make some sly comments about 21[SUP]st[/SUP]century America

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I got round to watching this last night.

I thought the 2 leads were excellent, fella does a very good Anthony Perkins.
There was also some nice touches about the house and overt nods to the film.

But I'm far from convinced by the story line, and can't help thinking it's going to go mentals very quickly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm watching Bates Motel now. I think it has promise.

I've seen a trailer for sleepy hollow. Can't say it excited me.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Brooklyn nine nine starts tonight

have downloaded Sleepy Hollow and will enjoy tonight :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports