Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Could be a bit embarrassing for him at the signing session today.

He seems to have jelly legs and reminds me of Bambi when he starts to run.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Totally agree with this, I actually felt that he was a move ahead of the midfield most of the time. Was always looking for that through ball, that never came.

Two of his "goal scoring opportunities" came when he picked up the ball on the halfway line. I really can't believe he didn't manage to dribble around four players and score.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
His performance today was worse, surely The Worst Striker we have ever had - a true leg end

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seriously? I watched him today keeping in mind all these comments about his ability and thought it wasn't the sort of performance that supports those comments. His one chance on goal was while being challenged and still not as easy a chance as the three Ulloa missed, and his touch was much better than Ulloa's.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Seriously? I watched him today keeping in mind all these comments about his ability and thought it wasn't the sort of performance that supports those comments. His one chance on goal was while being challenged and still not as easy a chance as the three Ulloa missed, and his touch was much better than Ulloa's.

Agreed. I didn't go on Monday, but I thought he did OK when he came on today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Caused a bit of trouble when he came on today. Thoroughly undeserved flak. Overhead kick was ridiculously ambitious but nobody would be moaning about anyone else who tried it. Skinned the fullback at one point but shot was weak - it happens. Got across his marker well to get on the end of a cross but it went wide. All promising moments from a young player who's had very little playing time. People should give him a break.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I forgot about eggs and gammon. That said Sam Vokes didn't look like he could hit his monkey, now look at him.

Saw Sam Vokes at Bournemouth and Wolves and he was always a player with decent potential. Sadly, unless our loanees are banging in a goal a game, a lot of fans here are on their backs immediately. No idea why they can't understand that if you have a striker experienced and capable enough to be that prolific, you don't let him go on loan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is his first name Ned and people had the cheek to shout E Aw at Tony Adams. What I cant understand is that at 24 years old he is still on Spurs books.

I think the answer is Spurs can get his wages back by sending him out on loan all the time and are just waiting for a club to make an offer for him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is his first name Ned and people had the cheek to shout E Aw at Tony Adams. What I cant understand is that at 24 years old he is still on Spurs books.

Suggests he has something about him that you're not seeing. Maybe a few minutes here and there, when desperately seeking a goal, isn't the ideal way to see the best of a player. Just a thought.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Suggests he has something about him that you're not seeing. Maybe a few minutes here and there, when desperately seeking a goal, isn't the ideal way to see the best of a player. Just a thought.
Possible, but he has been on loan to many clubs and none have been interested in taking him permenant, does that not say something.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Simply the worst striker we've had since Trolley. Focussing on one player when we missed chances and shot ourselves in the foot all afternoon is, on one level, really unfair. However this guy isn't up to it and will never be. Conference standard for me. Send him back to Spurs tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here