Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Getting a lot of unfair and undeserved flak IMO.
He is getting no game time but is expected to be match sharp.
Sometimes it works out. More often it doesnt.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Still wouldnt be entirely surprised if we signed him next season.
Nathan Jones' influence/input.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Still wouldnt be entirely surprised if we signed him next season.
Nathan Jones' influence/input.

If we do then it would say more about the Nathan Jones influence and the club data base than Obika's ability to play championship football.
Three professional club managers have decided to send him back to Spurs from loan deals with their clubs . I think I will go with their judgement rather than yours.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If we do then it would say more about the Nathan Jones influence and the club data base than Obika's ability to play championship football.
Three professional club managers have decided to send him back to Spurs from loan deals with their clubs . I think I will go with their judgement rather than yours.

How does that work then ? By inference Oscar Garcia is a complete moron.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I understand we can sign players that Oscar is not familiar with, but to suggest we will permanently sign a loan player, without the specific approval of the manager, is somewhat fanciful.

I think it was Severnside Gull who suggested that Jones might bring him here next season. Hence my post,

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Certainly Yeovil and Charlton (both with NJ at the time) wanted to keep Obika so more a case that Spurs (who extended his contract) wanted to expand his experience rather than clubs sending him back.
I suspect that Yeovil, Charlton, and Spurs (in common with Albion) all possess better ability to judge than either of us :lolol:

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Certainly Yeovil and Charlton (both with NJ at the time) wanted to keep Obika so more a case that Spurs (who extended his contract) wanted to expand his experience rather than clubs sending him back.
I suspect that Yeovil, Charlton, and Spurs (in common with Albion) all possess better ability to judge than either of us :lolol:

I suggest you read these post as Crystal Palace, Swindon, Peterborough and Millwall don't agree:lolol:
And the common denominator in the Yeovil Charlton deals as you say is Nathan Jones.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508054#ixzz2tl7m7paQ
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=OBIKAJON

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Getting a lot of unfair and undeserved flak IMO.
He is getting no game time but is expected to be match sharp.
Sometimes it works out. More often it doesnt.
I don't think people are expecting him to be totally sharp, what people are expecting is that he resembles something close to a professional footballer. This is something that has escaped him so far.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I hope he starts on Monday now :lolol:

If he plays and plays well I will be delighted for the guy and if he scored even better. I just don't understand all this data base b*llox we are fed and how he fits into what we are told is the way it works. And the same goes for Agustein.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The worrying thing is, I have a feeling Oscar will be gone at the end of the season and Jones will be the successor. Hope I'm wrong.
Not a cat in hell's chance.

Or is it Oscar is having his players selected for him?
Oscar may not have had a say in Obika coming here, but he will certainly be the one the decides if he plays. Given that he's picked Obika a few times, it's clear Oscar thinks he's worth trying.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Oscar may not have had a say in Obika coming here, but he will certainly be the one the decides if he plays. Given that he's picked Obika a few times, it's clear Oscar thinks he's worth trying.

That might not be the case if this report is true

http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=540590

Spurs have a recall clause if he doesn't play apparently, so his appearance on Monday may have been to satisfy that commitment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That might not be the case if this report is true
I disagree - if Oscar thinks he's not good enough, he's not going to play him to ensure we keep him - that would make no sense at all. Oscar is playing him, which means that Oscar thinks he is good enough and/or has the potential to help us.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I disagree - if Oscar thinks he's not good enough, he's not going to play him to ensure we keep him - that would make no sense at all. Oscar is playing him, which means that Oscar thinks he is good enough and/or has the potential to help us.

It really does depend on just how much influence Jones has at the club. He appears to me to be doing and saying far more than any previous assistant at the club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If he plays and plays well I will be delighted for the guy and if he scored even better. I just don't understand all this data base b*llox we are fed and how he fits into what we are told is the way it works. And the same goes for Agustein.

You have to have a database of players, every club has one. I don't think it will help going back to making A-Z paper files of the thousands of players who play throughout the leagues. If there is a problem with our transfer dealings it is not with the online database software.

Anyway we got Spanish Rodders and Dale Stephens, both of whom didn't go through the database system, come to think of it probably neither did Obika, though I am sure Conway, Ward, Andrews and Agustien were was found via that method.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You have to have a database of players, every club has one. I don't think it will help going back to making A-Z paper files of the thousands of players who play throughout the leagues. If there is a problem with our transfer dealings it is not with the online database software.

Anyway we got Spanish Rodders and Dale Stephens, both of whom didn't go through the database system, come to think of it probably neither did Obika, though I am sure Conway, Ward, Andrews and Agustien were was found via that method.

Of course it not the data base at fault, it is the fault of whoever is feeding the input. Whats that saying, you put Sh*t in and you will get sh*t out.
But Obika and Agustien do not fit what Burke described was the purpose of the data base, in an effort to stop the Albion making poor signings, So how does Obika with his poor previous loan record and Agustien with his previous injury problems fit with what David Burke said on Albion Roar?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

What alternative does he have lets think a minute ermmmmmm none so maybe that forces his selection a little

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here