Obika

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
His second touch is a tackle.

Poor very very poor. Should have kept faith with Lita.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The worrying thing is how many of the Palarse came on here when we signed him laughing because he was useless and didn't put in a shift. Last night he was useless and didn't put in a shift.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I believe Fabregas was 15 so probably not as one of "their" players.

Wilshire
Gibbs
Cole
Bentley
Frimpong
Sczesny
Seb Larsson
(was 14 when he joined)

All players off the top of my head who have progressed, played in the prem and represented their country.

Also Zalalem (joined at 15 or 16) and gnabry (joined 14 or 15) coming through are both excellent

Didn't Gibbs start at Wimbledon?

Just wanted to make sure

Townsend
Rose - Joined when 14
Bentalab
King
Caulker
Crouch
Ohara - who played for both youth set ups
Marney - if you have frimpong I'm having Marney!
Carr
Kane and Carroll
Stephen Kelly
Livermore
Luke young
Michael knightly

Plus like arsenal we have taken a lot of young players and given them regular first team football - bale, Lennon, walker, naughton.

So we don't have a terrible record

Of course. Don't forget david lee

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course. Don't forget david lee
At one away game when the starting line up was announced over the PA we sang "David Lee , David Lee , he must have sucked off Mark McGhee"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Care to let the rest of us into how the deal for Obika was set up between us and Spurs then, are we paying all his wages or just a percentage, seeing as you are privy to this loan deal contract.

If your really that bothered, you can got to our annual finance report on our official web site and look at them and it states loan deals as income on all the loan deals.

As I said, if you haven't been charged for obika it sums up how much we rate him and are loaning hi out to try and get a club to be impressed and buy him

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If your really that bothered, you can got to our annual finance report on our official web site and look at them and it states loan deals as income on all the loan deals.

As I said, if you haven't been charged for obika it sums up how much we rate him and are loaning hi out to try and get a club to be impressed and buy him

Now that is funny :laugh:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think this reflects well on David Burke, whose job it is to source these players and make sure they're good enough. Obika obviously isn't.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Be suprised if we see Obika again.

May as well whack anyone up front the effect he made last night.

Frustatingly if he was even half decent he could of assited 2 chances easily

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He has played a total of 177mins. That's less than two whole games, and he came to us shortly after returning from injury. It's far too soon to write him off, and we should keep reviews of him in this context.

Sounds like Withdean thinking to me. I think we have moved on from begging for loans and rehabilitating players for other clubs. Having said that you may have a point about too many us being too quick to make our minds up about Obika. (guilty as charged)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
given game time Obika, with a bit of hard work , should be able to up his level to f@cking useless

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Would agree he looked poor, but in fairness I bet when he came on loan he thought he'd get a few games and not be warming the bench. He should have spoken to Leroy Lita first!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Could it be that he is a relation of George Weah?

And that David Burke and the player spotting ability of Graeme Souness!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I’m not normally one to deal in absolutes but Obika is complete gash and always will be. The split second last night where I thought he was going to connect Marco Van Baston style with a through ball gloriously over the keeper which he actually stubbed out for a goal kick was comedy gold – He is worth keeping as someone to laugh at.

He is certainly the worst forward in the Amex era by a mile.
He rivals McCammon for the worst in the Withdean era although to be fair to McCammon he did score 2 against Sunderland, something Obika will never ever achieve
Albion during the Gillingham years is about his level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He has played a total of 177mins. That's less than two whole games, and he came to us shortly after returning from injury. It's far too soon to write him off, and we should keep reviews of him in this context.

Don't agree at all. Even someone playing 177 mins, should have a degree of ability. His touch is woeful, his body shape is wrong when he receives a ball - which allows defenders to come in from the side, he plays on his heels. There is so much wrong, and these are things that match sharpness does not contribute to. Normally I would agree with you, and an example is Rodriguez who needs match sharpness ad was poor against Leeds, but you can see he has some technical ability.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have followed Brighton for nearly 40 years and I honestly do believe he is one of the worst players I have seen, the touch when he sent himself wide was embarrassing for a professional. Utter rubbish......,

Nathan Jones cannot spot a player.

Do you not think this is a slight overreaction? I think he'd score plenty in league 2 and we spent a couple of years basement dwelling in that division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports