Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
You can see this guy works hard on his physical attributes. The guy is massive and should be a menace to any defender but from what we have seen he has no football brain. I think he is looking at a lower league career and Saturday night on the doors at the clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slightly harsh on Obika taking into account the fact he was mostly isolated and only came on for 13/14 minutes. One or two poor touches granted.
I had the same opinion right up until 9:30 last night.

I was very non committal about Obika to a Spurs friend, on Saturday, by virtue of the fact he just hasn't had a chance.

Under no circumstances should I be able to say 'I could do better than that', of a professional footballer, but his first 'touch' was frankly insulting.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you consider arsenal brought through fabregas

I believe Fabregas was 15 so probably not as one of "their" players.

Wilshire
Gibbs
Cole
Bentley
Frimpong
Sczesny
Seb Larsson
(was 14 when he joined)

All players off the top of my head who have progressed, played in the prem and represented their country.

Also Zalalem (joined at 15 or 16) and gnabry (joined 14 or 15) coming through are both excellent

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If ulloa scores that chance just before half time we're 2-0 up and the game is won. Obika coming on is more about resting ulloa after job done and wasting a bit of time and no one cares whether he scores or not.

I hear you, but a bad performance is a bad performance. Really hope to see more from Obika going forward.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He has played a total of 177mins. That's less than two whole games, and he came to us shortly after returning from injury. It's far too soon to write him off, and we should keep reviews of him in this context.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He has played a total of 177mins. That's less than two whole games, and he came to us shortly after returning from injury. It's far too soon to write him off, and we should keep reviews of him in this context.

Some player's careers have lasted less than 177 minutes.
I can excuse the odd bad touch but last night he looked both physically and mentally unaware of the game of football.
He has also played 90 odd games before joining us and no-one has seemed particularly fussed about him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here