Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
You'd have to think that something is wrong somewhere though.
With our set up, surely we must have seen something to interest us in the first place.

Maybe he needs more time?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If ulloa scores that chance just before half time we're 2-0 up and the game is won. Obika coming on is more about resting ulloa after job done and wasting a bit of time and no one cares whether he scores or not.
Not sure if I agree, no matter what the score is/was Obika has been pony since he arrived.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He's just another teams youth player, sign him up for the DS by all means - but don't bring him on when we're minutes away from an FA Cup semi final.

He isn't, he is 23.

I warned you all, he is so so bad.

He is the worst player I have ever seen In a spurs shirt, and that says a lot

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He must have either been very promising earlier in his career or have an amazing agent if he is still under contract at a Premier League club at the age of 23 despite being not very good.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He must have either been very promising earlier in his career or have an amazing agent if he is still under contract at a Premier League club at the age of 23 despite being not very good.

Levy does that. Someone will pay money for him.

Plus it's not like he is on much so loan fees cover his wages and more when he is actually at the club

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Anyone else say that the Ulloa miss just before half-time would come back to haunt us?

Also, did we not all know that Obika was shite when we signed him? Send him back and give one of the youngsters a punt or spend the money on a loan striker that isn't a lazy pile of turd.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought Spurs had extended his deal again....they clearly see something.

Ive seen him play about 60 mins now in sub appearances, amazing how people have decided already

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Ive seen him play about 60 mins now in sub appearances, amazing how people have decided already

We did last year I believe, again that's down to levy thinking we could get a fee for him.

Actually it may have been redknapp's last year when we played the reserves in Europe so we needed players like him

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He scored in the last round against Port Vale running from the halfway line. He was on a very short time yesterday against a Premiership outfit with very little support up front.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
'John Obika Football Genius' like Crumplin, has to be the new chant.

I just thought - how is he still on spurs books at 23?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think the best comparison is with Junior McDougald. A Spurs striker, who looked like he might be useful, but never lived up to his pedigree.

If it had been Shamir Goodwin, coming on last night and putting in that performance, I would be on here now fighting his corner. It wasn't one of our youngsters, it was a Spurs loanee. How many Spurs youth team products are part of their first team squad ? I am not trying very hard, but other than Jake Livermore at Hull, who has come through their ranks in recent years ?

I would suggest we could produce a list of a dozen premiership loan players, who have made a bigger impact at Championship clubs, without breaking sweat, he looks a poor signing.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

You are correct of course but I think it would be fair to say the signs are not overly promising?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here