Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika Signs loan deal - official confirmation (merged threads)

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Thanks for your helpful contribution. Remind me what this has to do with you?

Well, I just wanted to temper some of your enthusiasm for this major signing so you weren't all too disappointed, that's all. There are threads about what song to sing for him and allsorts! Having had the guy playing for my club....he's shit! That's all. If you want to believe he's the next big thing then carry on!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well, I just wanted to temper some of your enthusiasm for this major signing so you weren't all too disappointed, that's all. There are threads about what song to sing for him and allsorts! Having had the guy playing for my club....he's shit! That's all. If you want to believe he's the next big thing then carry on!
If you want to **** off back to your own board then carry on...! I couldn't care less what Obika did for Palace several years ago. He looks like a decent loan signing as back up in the event of injury to Ulloa - if it turns out like it did with Leroy Lita then he won't even play very much.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

It looks like he scores goals in teams that know how to play him. It's either no goals for some teams (like Palace) or a goalscoring rate of 1 in 3 for others, and one of those teams was coached by our no.2. He scored 6 the other day in one competitive match, he must have something in him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bizarrely, I was working on Charlotte Street in London yesterday, and there is a restaurant called Obika next door to a restaurant called Oscar.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Some players fail to excel at one club before doing well at another. I believe we turned Ian Wright down before he ended up with you. More recently you had Liam Bridcutt on loan(or trial?) and turned him down. Obika may or may not do well for us. His spell at Palace is no indicator of how he'll do at Brighton.

And his loan signing really shouldn't warrant a visit and post from a palace fan. You must surely have better things to do than go on another teams board and comment on a loan signing. Surely.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Brighton fans talking about a new loan signing on a Brighton board, whatever next. So nice of you to think of us.

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
Must admit i'm not over enthused by this he hasn't done a lot as far as i'm aware wherever he has gone but still fingers crossed

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Yeah, like that Liam Bridcutt eh - hes pretty shi.....oh hang on :facepalm:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Got to be given a fair chance. With Tottenham's struggle to score goals I'm surprised that Andre Villas-Boas didn't use Jonathan Obika more. Hope the loan deal works out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Warren Aspinall pronounce his name "Ibiza" or "Obeser" ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Jon. If you are clinical it will guarantee you a starting place.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
for a chant can we just do the old "shooting stars" thing when vic and bob introduced Ulrika Johnson? Oooooobikaakakakakaka!! haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here