Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t What's the best broadband deal out there?

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
As I can no longer access NSC at work I am thinking about getting broadband in at home. I know I will have to upgrade my pc as it only has a 64 thingy memory. I am also thinking of combining this with a phone package. Can anyone recommend a good cheap deal? I don't think I'll need unltd downloads etc as I wont be on it more than a few times a week but I'm getting pissed off with dial-up.

Any advice gratefully received.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have freeserve but suggest Tiscali or pipex - pipex is well recommended

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not BT Yahoo either. I would change but it's not really worth it as I won't be here much longer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
NOT NTL!!!! they're customer service is terrible... and ours at uni used to go down all the time. I've heard BT are good.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Tiscali are crap. I complained because the modem wasn't working and they told me that there was nothing wrong with the modem and that perhaps I should but a new computer!!! Took 3 months of phone calls to get out of the contract - they were trying to charge me for 12 months for a service that didn't work. Also told me there was no customer services department (lie) and people kept refusing to give me there names when asked for them. I was told that 80% of people have no problems connecting. In other words 1 in 5 does!

Complete crap. Avoid.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Wanadoo 2Gb limited @ £17.99 a month is a good deal. Free modem and free connection when I got mine. Fine as long as you don't do much online gaming or download music and DVD's. I believe that the 2GB limit has not been applied yet so you can actually use it as much as you want for until they do!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
AOL = Spawn of Beelzebub
NTL = Just shit
Tiscali = as above. They are still chasing me for £29.99 that I apparently owe them from January 2003!

BTYahoo have always been OK for me - check to see if your exchange can be upgraded to 1mb because they offer this at £29.99 per month.

:clap2:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Thanks for the advice guys. I had already been advised to steer well clear of AOL. Anyone tried onetel? They seem to have a good deal out at the moment. Otherwise might try Wanadoo.

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Its Telewest in my region, ie London, and we have cable, the phone and broadband all with them. Found them to be fairly good but probably not available where you are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here