Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T "The Gym" , Madeira Drive

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Has anyone been/currently a member of them?

looks a good deal with a fiver a session or twenty quid a month , must be a catch?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Misses used to go, reckoned it was always packed unless you went at silly hours.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Been going since it opened...3 years now
No catch whatsoever...like all gyms has its busy times, obvious really.......but they have lots of equipment, never have to wait
Open 24 hours unlike other gyms....I go early, because it suits me

Dec 29, 2011
Been going since it opened...3 years now
No catch whatsoever...like all gyms has its busy times, obvious really.......but they have lots of equipment, never have to wait
Open 24 hours unlike other gyms....

This, only catch is there is a waiting list.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ash, speak to me about it when I see you next. I've been going for 3 years now, originally I only paid 9.99 a month but the catch is it's always packed out. Being an insomniac it's handy for me being a 24 hour gym, that said I've been at 2am before and still couldn't get on the bench press because downstairs seems to be exclusively for posers.

Danny.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
It is absolutely brilliant - no catch - going very shortly for my daily session before work - 20 pounds a month - one pound a session + and showers/ changing rooms/lockers great too - well a girl just has to blow dry her hair !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ash, speak to me about it when I see you next. I've been going for 3 years now, originally I only paid 9.99 a month but the catch is it's always packed out. Being an insomniac it's handy for me being a 24 hour gym, that said I've been at 2am before and still couldn't get on the bench press because downstairs seems to be exclusively for posers.

Danny.

At 2am and people are posing :ohmy:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's good, although people seem to think it's endlessly funny walking past the windows taking the piss. The one along from there - can't remember what it's called, near Gemini Bar - has got some good staff, think you get one or two free personal training sessions a month although it is £25 a month. The best gym is obviously ZT though, best people and you get to touch the same equipment (fnarr fnarr) as Chris Eubank Jnr and Katie Price :wink:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Gave up on gyms last year after being a member of various gyms for over 20 years, Invested in a quality set of cast iron weights and decent running shoes. Saving a fortune on membership and athletes foot powder. Plus no posers, over-cheery staff, polite chit chat or waiting for kit. Disadvantages are: It was nice to go somewhere different and I miss out on seeing fit birds in tight clothes (I also don't have to look at sweaty fatties either so swings and roundabouts).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here