Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Spiritual Mediums

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Without wishing to be rude or disrespectful to your wife, perhaps this is the key to this situation?

You say at the end of your post that you would have been very skeptical had she told you in advance, so maybe she is making it sound more accurate/detailed than it actually was in order to bring you around to her way of thinking?
She had a recording of it emailed to her last night so I'll take a listen of it later to see what I make of it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Being serious i read a few Doris Stokes books, she was used regularly by the police to help solve crimes.

There's no evidence that she helped solve any crimes though. The whole thing is an elaborate hoax aimed at relieving people of their money.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do people really believe this stuff and even worse PAY FOR IT? Derren Brown and others have shown how this works. I despair what some people fall for sometimes.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I've been and she was more a less spot on. Never met her before and took nothing with me. Of coarse there are some charlatans out there but there are also some that clearly receive messages from the other side.

Other side? What are you on about. Ridiculous.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been and she was more a less spot on. Never met her before and took nothing with me. Of coarse there are some charlatans out there but there are also some that clearly receive messages from the other side.

'Other side'?

They have friends who support Palace?

All mediums show is that desperation and stupidity still exist today.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I arrived home from work yesterday to the wife telling me she'd been to see a Medium that day.

From what she was telling me, the Medium relayed messages and information from loved ones that had passed on.

Now, literally all she new of my wife was her forename yet she was able to talk about deceased family members and events that were simply impossible for her to have known about.

The reason my wife didn't tell me until afterwards was because I'm very sceptical and would have told her not to be so stupid. But what an eye opener!

Had anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon?

Sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful but mediums are the biggest con artists out there. They put the powers of suggestion in people's minds and extract information based upon what little information you tell them.

Nowadays anyone with access to the Internet and a social website can look like they are in touch with the spirits.

Those that go to clairvoyants are already willing m to believe what they are told by them and their minds are telling them to believe the coincidences that are being bought up and so when uncle reg from beyond the grave says hi you say oh that's amazing how did they know that.

As I say no disrespect meant but I think these people are up there with burglars and drug dealers who prey on kids and should be banned from what they're doing.

All I'd say is that you only have to watch Derren Brown to see how he does things to know that it's about the art of deception and not the art of being psychic.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
As mentioned a few times above, I really suggest anyone who even slightly believes in Medium's ability to watch Derren Brown Investigates: The Man Who Contacts the dead. You'll find it online somewhere.

Derren spends a week with Medium Joe Power, from Liverpool. At the start of the show, Joe's readings are spot on and seem very convincing, much like the experience those on this thread have found. But throughout the show Derren starts to pick him apart, firstly by demonstrating that he can do it himself, arguably better than Joe, despite admitting he has no psychic powers and that it is just a trick. It's funny seeing how wound up Joe gets.

Derren sets up a reading for Joe, with a women using fake details (name, address etc) and surprise surprise, the results are completely off.

Don't be fooled.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be honest, if my wife told me she was psychic I'd have a field day.....

You've forgotten my birthday....yeah, but you would have known I would.

You never get me any surprises....how can I surprise you if you're psychic?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This is a tricky one.

I've been to a medium quite a few times and have been told a lot of stuff that there is no way he could have known.

I've also paid for a ticket for a 'celebrity' medium that was an absolute pile of steaming dog turd. She had a complete nightmare.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

How exactly was she 'more or less spot on'?

What exactly did the spirit get wrong about themselves ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is a tricky one.

I've been to a medium quite a few times and have been told a lot of stuff that there is no way he could have known.

I've also paid for a ticket for a 'celebrity' medium that was an absolute pile of steaming dog turd. She had a complete nightmare.

Its not a tricky one for you at all, how do you end up being a compulsive medium attender, you obviously so much want it to be true, but of course it isnt ....................

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Its not a tricky one for you at all, how do you end up being a compulsive medium attender, you obviously so much want it to be true, but of course it isnt ....................

Where does it say I'm a 'compulsive Medium attender?'

It's absolutely not the case that I 'obviously so want it to be true'.

I believe there is something in it, but I also believe that there are a lot of people out there who are absolute charlatans, and out to fleece innocent people.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where does it say I'm a 'compulsive Medium attender?'

It's absolutely not the case that I 'obviously so want it to be true'.

I believe there is something in it, but I also believe that there are a lot of people out there who are absolute charlatans, and out to fleece innocent people.

But if you believe that people can speak to the dead why wouldnt you want to see it as often as you possibly can, why if you believe your saw a genuine one wouldnt you just stick to that one.

Its such an incredible claim and an incredible thing to even begin to believe that it would seem quite natural for you to totally immerse yourself within the world of speaking dead people, that would really be brilliant, but for me it is utter utter bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here