Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Southdowns, England's Mountains Green - BBC4 21:00 tonight.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Well, that's odd. The Jeremy Paxman programme on Rivers for me then.

Oh dear , Paxman on Rivers?! Great topic but absolutely the wrong presenter. Like Alan Titchmarsh or that 'If I was made of chocolate I would eat myself' Alexander Armstrong who managed to ruin a potentially great series on Italy. Richard Hammond was another who destroyed an otherwise interesting topic of 'Great Engineering Feats' a few years back. It seems that the BBC , in their year on year homage to cronyism and such, just don't get it when specifying criteria for programme presentation.

TNBA

TTF

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh dear , Paxman on Rivers?! Great topic but absolutely the wrong presenter. Like Alan Titchmarsh or that 'If I was made of chocolate I would eat myself' Alexander Armstrong who managed to ruin a potentially great series on Italy. Richard Hammond was another who destroyed an otherwise interesting topic of 'Great Engineering Feats' a few years back. It seems that the BBC , in their year on year homage to cronyism and such, just don't get it when specifying criteria for programme presentation.

TNBA

TTF

Agree re TITmarsh, but the Italy thing was good.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

TNBA

TTF

Yep, that is exactly how it panned out. Paxman came across as someone who rarely leaves London and finds the locals very quaint. The nadir was watching him do a multiple point turn in a country lane as though he was the first to ever be in that position. His sneering about local tradition was also rather grating. Would have been much better choosing a presenter with a passion for the subject and a liking for the countryside. It's a shame about the South Downs programme. Technical glitch I presume.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The South Downs Linksway is a fantastic walk taking in the downs. 37 miles following the old rail track to Guildford. Start off in Shoreham along the Adur, easy to do in 2 or 3 days walking, cycle there in a day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, that is exactly how it panned out. Paxman came across as someone who rarely leaves London and finds the locals very quaint. The nadir was watching him do a multiple point turn in a country lane as though he was the first to ever be in that position. His sneering about local tradition was also rather grating. Would have been much better choosing a presenter with a passion for the subject and a liking for the countryside. It's a shame about the South Downs programme. Technical glitch I presume.

What was the technical glitch ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here