O/T Solicitor needed asap for divorce - any recommendations in Mid Sussex/Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Hiya, wondered if anyone has any recommendations for a good solicitor in Mid Sussex/Brighton area to deal with a divorce petition my friend has just received.

Cheers in advance

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Maura Franks of Spearpoint Franks Solicitors. Just off East Street near the Sussex pub. She's spot on and first consultation is free. Hope this helps, good luck.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Will ring you when we get home tomorrow evening if it can wait, as I can't remember the name, but a woman solicitor in Haywards Heath near the station (West side).

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Cheers for the recommendations peeps

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It depends on many things but mainly if it is an amicable split and especially if any children are involved.

If its amicable and kids involved decide what's best for the whole family and get it written up and sorted either with or without a solicitor.

If it's messy or likely to be messy try and work out what is best for You and Your whole family and write it up in a plan and see about four solicitors on a free hour/half hour consultation. Try and work out if any of them will actually get the result you want and if they say they can't or won't do it get other opinions.

I would recommend using a solicitor frm outside the area your case will be so you hopefully will get one that won't just come up with a result that suits the legal system or even the two solicitors or even to extract as much money as they can from you.

You can sometimes get local barristers or solicitors who don't want to go against the judge or opposite barrister because they are mates with them!

Legal aid is very hard to get now and even if you can get it remember that you have to repay it if you ever get or come in to money. It is only free if you have nothing!

I got a fairish settlement in my divorce by NOT using a solicitor and doing it myself.

My ex used Edward Harte and they were useless and caused more problems than anything. My ex wasted £15-20k with them and I spent £2.5k and most of that was before I Sussed out what the solicitor (mine!!!) was doing.

But it all depends on everyones own situation-You can pm me if you want more info I've been through it so may be able to help youavoid some pitfalls.

Good Luck whatever your mate decides

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports